Star Wars Battlefront Shock Trooper Helmet

Unfortunately not. The CRL requires an ANH or ROTJ style helmet, but the black series has rogue 1 style cheek stripes. If you look at the black series helmet, the blue cheek stripes are inset, as if they were actual vents. In ANH or ROTJ, they were simply painted on or vinyl decals.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The “ShockTrooper” version of the Hasbro Black Series is just a re-paint version of the R1 helmet.

I am afraid most GML will reject that, just as Ben said.

18 minutes ago, BahanShipleaf said:

Does anyone have a recommendation of where I could get a kit to build a helmet? I don't have a huge budget, but I want something that looks good.

You should really have a read through the Getting Started section, try here

Do you want something that is just going to sit on a shelf or you are going to try get approved in, there is a big difference between the 2. If it's just for a shelf that the Black Series is a nice display piece, if it's for 501st approval then you will have to spend a little more and do a little research.

Have a look through some of the build threads, will give you an idea of what is involved.

Also have a look at the CRL's (costume reference library) these are the costume requirements for joining the 501st, for Shock troopers look here

On 9/20/2018 at 7:02 PM, BahanShipleaf said:

Does anyone have a recommendation of where I could get a kit to build a helmet? I don't have a huge budget, but I want something that looks good.

That's really depends on how do you want to approach your build.

You can either purchase a new kit to build yourself a Shocktrooper Helmet from bottom up, or look for a used one in the trade section of the forum.

Hopefully this might help - my case: I had a set of Stormtrooper armor about 3 years old (kit made by MTK), it was the set I used for joining the Legion in the first place. The set had seen a lot of action and the the helmet has since yellowed. I decided to get a new kit to replace it and have the set re-purpose for something else. I finally had it taken apart and redid the whole set from helmet to shins, gave it a coat of white paint and converted it as BF Shocktrooper.

Since I am spraying the whole set from top to bottom, I really don't have to worry about color differences of the yellowed helmet and the rest of the armor. I am not looking for anything beyond basic approval, the major thing was to swap out the canvas belt with a cordura one (like Snowtrooper or ROTJ TK), pair of bubble lens for the helmet, a new set of hand plates (again, Snowtrooper or ROTJ TK), white U-trim around all the edges etc...

The really really major thing was to fuse the kidney and the butt plate into one, in order to get the set approved.

g3Udz72xxLEv4vA_xkFz8hpnL1lr-7MRrPnFB1Rp

r6m6tDkzAFmbpr3Oga8SCMV2FjBgATWOlh7SIcQ7

Helmet - with a fresh coat of paint, and later, weathered down a bit:

pqXku_zBumFfC87sX-F8huT5UZ5Ce7oDpciFVL0s

ra2CLWS07eMjuRynEhiPRjXWH6fdphArcoceDhKQ

Hope this give you some idea on making your own set of TK Shocktrooper.

Edited by giskard8