MakeNoiseMan

Hello from St. Thomas, Ontario!

Hi everybody!

My name is Brendan. I'll be applying to the Canadian Garrison. I have an untrimmed ANH Stunt kit coming from Authentic Props and am super excited to get started!

These forums have already been colossally helpful. Can't wait to be a part of the community!

Have a great day! 

• Like 3

Welcome Brendan,

You can find plenty of building threads in the ANH Stunt/Hero section. Study them before you make your fist cut, you will find them very informative and useful for your build (as did I when I first started this).

Do do start your own building thread when your kit arrives, and let us know if you have any questions or run into difficulties.

Have fun and enjoy your build!

Welcome Brendan! Sounds like you’ve already found the abundance of info that’s available. All the best on your build!

Hi Brendan and welcome to the FISD!  You will be very happy with your set of armor from AP.  It is top notch.  Make sure you start a build thread.  This is a good way for members to follow along on your build and to offer advice when needed.  Have fun and enjoy your build.

Great to have you with us Brendan, and welcome to the FISD from out west!

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your build thread.

Congrats on your kit, Brendan!  Very exciting.  :dancing-trooper:

AP is a great kit. As mentioned, start a build thread. Good luck on your build!

Thanks for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! I'll definitely start a build thread once the kit arrives. I'm sure I'll need all the guidance I can get! Meanwhile, all the supply bits and tools that I am missing will be trickling in from Amazon, and I'll be passing the time by devouring these forums until Big Brown Box Day. 

Are there any other steps I should be taking ahead of time? My assumption is that I'll have to wait until my build is done and approved before applying and getting a TKID. However, if there are any preparations I can take care of in the meantime, I am eager!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hi Brendan, welcome to FISD.

59 minutes ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

(...)   Are there any other steps I should be taking ahead of time?   (...)   However, if there are any preparations I can take care of in the meantime, I am eager!   (...)

Beside of studying other people's build threads, you could use leftover time to do research on blasters. ;)

Welcome aboard, Brendan. Exciting times ahead... :smiley-sw013:

Hello and welcome to the FISD! You can't apply for a TKID yet, but a helpful step is joining the CG forums at 501st.ca if you haven't yet and just touching base with the GML there. You might find out about armour parties and such near your area that may be worth checking out!

Hi and welcome to fisd ! 

Goodluck with building your kit ! 

if you have any questions make sure you ask them !!! 

Welcome to FISD Brendan!
You'll find a wealth of information and plenty of great people here. Have fun with your build!

Hi Brendan and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison (Canadian Garrison). They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

Also, are you on Facebook? Our Garrison has a FB page for aspiring members who are building something. Let me know through PM.

All the best on your TK journey!