Jeff's ANH Stunt (RS) Build

Jeff Duncan

Some feedback for adjustments:

• Your right shin closes incorrectly. The strip with velcro should close right over left for the right shin.
  • Your left shin closure strip appears to go over onto the ridge, unlike the right shin. This needs to be cut down, assuming I'm interpreting what I see in this photo correctly.
  • Your right bicep is rotating. Do you have a strap from shoulder bell to bicep?
  • Your shoulder bells are sitting at different levels. This is probably just a strap adjustment.
  • From the back view, your thighs look like they are sitting at different levels as well. Another dressing adjustment, most likely.
  • Your brow trim is arching, more TD-style. I would suggest ensuring that this sits nice and straight across.
  • Your butt plate is flaring out at the sides. Would recommend a hot water bath to bring this in.
  • Your drop boxes are not staying aligned with the edges of teh ABS belt. Though this is a Centurion requirement, it's pretty easy to just add some glue/velcro to keep these in place.

Lots of small fixes but they will help improve your overall look!

• Like 1

Some feedback for adjustments:
  • Your right shin closes incorrectly. The strip with velcro should close right over left for the right shin.
  • Your left shin closure strip appears to go over onto the ridge, unlike the right shin. This needs to be cut down, assuming I'm interpreting what I see in this photo correctly.
  • Your right bicep is rotating. Do you have a strap from shoulder bell to bicep?
  • Your shoulder bells are sitting at different levels. This is probably just a strap adjustment.
  • From the back view, your thighs look like they are sitting at different levels as well. Another dressing adjustment, most likely.
  • Your brow trim is arching, more TD-style. I would suggest ensuring that this sits nice and straight across.
  • Your butt plate is flaring out at the sides. Would recommend a hot water bath to bring this in.
  • Your drop boxes are not staying aligned with the edges of teh ABS belt. Though this is a Centurion requirement, it's pretty easy to just add some glue/velcro to keep these in place.
Lots of small fixes but they will help improve your overall look!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’m so bummed. I was trimming down the right thigh to fit a bit better and it cracked pretty badly on the back. I’m going to try to apply some PlasticWeld and hopefully be able to sand and paint it. What a bummer.

You can make it yourself, with scraps of the armour and acetone. Cut the scraps into an airtight container, add a bit of acetone until the scrap pieces are covered. Let it cure for some time in the closed container. If it is to thick add acetone, if it is to thin you can leave it open for some time. It should be a thin paste. Be careful with it, the acetone will melt the abs. If you drip on the armour you have either a bump, or if you wipe on it, a dull spot. 

Oh, and use only clean scraps for that, no markings of pencil or anything, this will alter the colour. 

On 10/26/2018 at 10:38 PM, Jeff Duncan said:

I’m so bummed. I was trimming down the right thigh to fit a bit better and it cracked pretty badly on the back. I’m going to try to apply some PlasticWeld and hopefully be able to sand and paint it. What a bummer.

Did you drill a small hole at the end of the crack on the plastic, so it doesn't expand (stop drill method)?

Did you apply an ABS backing or some backing material with plastic welder or epoxy on the underside of the armor for reinforcement?

Did you drill a small hole at the end of the crack on the plastic, so it doesn't expand (stop drill method)?

Did you apply an ABS backing or some backing material with plastic welder or epoxy on the underside of the armor for reinforcement?

I’ve put plastic weld epoxy and some abs pieces for support. I’m hoping I can paint and sand this so it’s not too obvious.

Took the suit out for a test run tonight for Halloween. The ammo belt came loose as did one of the shoulder bells. Also seems the torso still is sitting high even after I changed out the strapping. More work to do!

a02c2b818ddffa660481e11250f2b372.jpg

0835b2aa419dfa364f95831152e68109.jpg

be94c69fa707bdf76649e0f2ea1e9f2c.jpg

Hi Jeff, I have been following your FB thread and finally found you here.

Any updates on the thigh? Try some wet and dry sand paper or 400 to 600 grit to smooth it out a bit. 

Hi Jeff, I have been following your FB thread and finally found you here.

Any updates on the thigh? Try some wet and dry sand paper or 400 to 600 grit to smooth it out a bit. 

I’m in the process of making some abs paste to seal it up. I wasn’t happy with the epoxy I had used before

Looks like you may have a few suiting up issues and will need a few more photos, the worst begin your shin closure's, neck seal sticking out, rotate the right leg thigh a little so it matches the left, could also bring down your biceps a little to reduce the gap at the elbow.

Some of the armor looks very small on your with other pieces looking really large, you may want to trim your shoulder bells a little as they do look huge.

Good luck with approval

• Like 1