Jeff's ANH Stunt (RS) Build

Jeff Duncan

Painters tape is a good substitute to use in those areas clamps don't reach.

You can also reduce the pull of magnets by adding a little tape and scraps of ABS wrapped around them. You could also just use a magnet on one side and on the inside a metal ruler ;) 

• Like 1

Don’t want to be the barer of bad news but you will most likely need to shorten those cover strips, they should end at the start of the ridges.

Yah. Someone told me that on FB as well. Not a big deal. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a lot of touch up work to do but here we go. Shoulder bells obviously need to be higher, the brow trim was slipping off, and I need to put the cover strip on the right shin, but overall it’s taking shape. The right thigh looks weird to me too.

64e1b62d44d0bc4971a5fda5c2f5aec9.jpg73dff91b93466bbffb1adc62161da1e4.jpg

It's all about fine tuning, once you have boots it can also make a big difference, just like strapping, we don't always get it right first time, takes some tweaking  ;) 

Right thigh looks rotated inward slightly, as Glen said some strapping adjustments solve a lot of “problems”.

Also, I hope you are test fitting those shins with your boots on?

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

Right thigh looks rotated inward slightly, as Glen said some strapping adjustments solve a lot of “problems”.

Also, I hope you are test fitting those shins with your boots on?

Yup. I’ve tried and sized with the boots previously

At some point I would like to try and go for the higher approvals for this build, as that's what I've been working towards with the way I've been assembling. It's likely putting the cart before the horse, but that's my ultimate goal. Any tips based on what you guys see currently that I should be thinking about for those? I have read through several EID and Centurion build threads so have a good idea of what will be asked.

• Like 1

Jeff,

Fantastic that your are thinking about EIB and Centurion. In my experience it is FAR easier to build with Centurion in mind that not - go for it!

I do not (as of now) see anything major keeping you from getting the higher approval levels, but more photos would be great - refer to the CRL and anything you are unsure, post photos.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed is the gap between my front and back pieces is bigger than I'd like it to be, especially for the higher approval levels. I know that fastening the belt tighter can help with that, but are there other good way to close that gap?

If you are aiming for Centurion and tightening the belt does not fully close the gap, you will need to shim (or trim down yourself!).

If you kit did not come with extra plastic you will need to source a sheet or two of white ABS.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:01 AM, Jeff Duncan said:

Test fit of the shins with boots

9b9ffc81bcefa2b95a98c6e76c2ba0c9.jpg

Looks like the tops of you shins on your right leg aren't matching at the top, you may need to take them apart and glue again, doesn't matter if the bottoms don't as you can sand these to match ;) 

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks like the tops of you shins on your right leg aren't matching at the top, you may need to take them apart and glue again, doesn't matter if the bottoms don't as you can sand these to match ;) 

I like it and it matches the original RS armour :)

lUkMHIt.jpg

Or at least one of them, but for consistency and base appproval I would suggest modifying it.

DSC02621.jpg