Ovarian cancer walk of hope

sylverbard

Ovarian cancer walk of hope.

So, my mom died 4 years ago from Ovarian Cancer.  I trooped an Ovarian Cancer event 10 hours later, with a dozen other members who came out to support us, and make sure i didnt melt down.

There are three or 4 every year, always this time of year, and its always a good thing im wearing a bucket at them.

This year was at a local park my parents both loved, you can see the long line of people walking.  They passed us at the start, our hands got numb from the high fives we were given, hugs were received from survivors and supporters, the organizer asked for me by name, and it was still a good thing i was wearing a bucket.

According to the Charity Facebook group they raised 85 000 dollars in Ottawa, and 1.78 Million across Canada.  In perspective: Canada is 32ish million people, 2 800 women are diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer each year (an sadly only in mid-advanced to advanced stages due to difficulty in detection), and only 2.1 % of funds donated to Cancer are directed to Ovarian Cancer research.

Troopers:

tk-69323 - Mark T (FISD Attache CCG)

tk-21615 - Jenny M

tk-44460 (from Forteresse Imperiale) - Frank G.

sl(tk)-13550 - Derek M.

ti(tk)-28401 - Luc N (FISD Attache CCG)

dz-29092 - Jeff G

ts-8852 (also photos) - Stephane B.

ig-20843 - Robert M.

tr-12055 (handler and photographer) - Natalie M.

FB_IMG_1536713526773.jpg

FB_IMG_1536714145290.jpg

Image may contain: tree and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Edited by sylverbard
update ids and pics as requested.
  • Like 5

Great work troops, could you include some troopers names and id’s please and any other phots on the day?.

14 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great work troops, could you include some troopers names and id’s please and any other phots on the day?.

Soon as i hit a keyboard sure.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

updated post with info.

• 4 weeks later...