JamesW 1st ANH stunt build (AP)

TK-42775

4 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Ah right. Could be an option if you find those things an issue later in your build.
Personally, I don’t think you’ll need it for most of your build. Well fitted armour with a good strapping system will sit nicely on the wearer.
If you do find any areas that are an issue, a well positioned tactical pad or soft foam would be more controllable than expanding foam. :-)

One of the advantages or the Pink insulation or the Spray foam is that once it dries you can use a low grit sandpaper to shape it how ever you want.

23 hours ago, James Whitley said:

Update:

Major painting finished, Hoping to have the helm fully assembled and working on the Electronics this weekend. 

Has anyone had any success with spray foam or Building insulation foam (Dense pink foam) on their builds?

Hey, Kinda feel like we haven't gotten a straight answer from you yet. Are you trying to use this bucket for a complete costume, or purely a WIP to learn from? installing electronics in the bucket is kinda expensive (Hearing system will most likely be permanent, batteries installed, fans fixed). The reason im asking (and I don't know your financial situation) but I would hate to see you put all this work and effort, plus money, into this build only to not be approved in it. you wont get approved as an OT TK with that bucket. If this is your hope, I am begging you to contact your GML and talk to them. If your doing it just because then carry on. But again I am just concerned because I see this as a build that you are hoping to get approved, and we have seen tons of people drop  out of builds due to unforeseen cost. The AM bucket is huge and will fit great. Really hope this doesn't come off the wrong way. I think the work your doing is cool, just hoping that I can save you some money in the long run if your end game is 501st approval in that bucket

• Like 2

Depends on how far I can take modding it =P 

Not worried about costs at this point, This Bucket will only have fans, and a boom mike, Same as AP will have when done

The AP Bucket will be the one I use for my submission.

This bucket is a practice dummy, So I don't jack up my AP one

But as promised PICS!!!!

Well its White lol

clRYX67.jpg

I hate painting, My hands shake too much.

9DsaimN.jpg

It's getting there

lst5cXp.jpg

Dear valued customers

Just letting you we just started a new batch of kits, plastic arrived later then expected since company we deal with was relocated so this set up back a couple weeks but rest assured we will keep you updated on the progress on your order, for those who ordered untrimmed or fully trimmed kits these will ship fairly fast once production is complete, for ready to wear orders a few extra weeks is required.

Mark (AP)

• Like 1

Don’t stress too much, at least you know you will get your armor soon, unlike a lot waiting for Anovos kits for over 2 years.

Hang in there, there’s always other things to do to keep busy, research, making snap plates, blaster builds and so on.

It willl soon be with you and then you can enjoy the moment of panic when you realise you have to make the first cut ;)

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:52 AM, James Whitley said:

Dear valued customers

Just letting you we just started a new batch of kits, plastic arrived later then expected since company we deal with was relocated so this set up back a couple weeks but rest assured we will keep you updated on the progress on your order, for those who ordered untrimmed or fully trimmed kits these will ship fairly fast once production is complete, for ready to wear orders a few extra weeks is required.

Mark (AP)

Just so you know, this is normal from them. Have a buddy here working on a kit, and HAD ordered from AP, and was given the same thing, but this was months ago. seems they are still using the same excuse. kinda a bummer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So frankenhelm has been completed for a bit, I have some photos of it next to an AP Helm that I have to post. Got word that the AP Kits are shipping soon.

Hello James

We almost finished all the armor parts,  you are #14 on our trimmed kit list so it wont take long after production is done to ship your order, we first ship all the untrimmed kits then the trimmed and last the ready to wear to speed up the shipping process. Rest assured you will get a email with balance info at least one week before your order is ready to ship.

Mark (AP)

The conversion of the black series Helm along with some other stuff I did to it came out really well, (I know pics) I actually got to put it next to an AP Helm and look at some of the differences. My fun part is, Im going to have to figure out how to get my head (7 1/4 hat size) in the bucket, after trying on a fellow 501st members AP helm, I'm gonna run in to some issues but i'm sure ill figure something out.    

Got another E-Mail from Mark, there is a 2 week delay on Kits. so more waiting......

So it was Business Casual for Halloween, Yes thats the R1 Helm

ab6Xi8m.jpg

Edited by James Whitley
Add pic

So running in to a wall here with my E-11

Current thoughts

Must be realistic 

Want a BlastFX built in

I have a Doopy Resin kit (need to order a completion kit)

Soooo thinking https://www.evike.com/products/61969/ and then Mod it to do what I want, granted most of this will have to be rebuilt but gives me a sterling frame to build off of

Any thoughts?

It’s personal preference, but, there are lots of inaccuracies with that E-11. Scope in the wrong place, t-tracks are too short, Hengstler is wrong etc etc. A well crafted Doopys would be more accurate to screen used examples. :-)

13 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

It’s personal preference, but, there are lots of inaccuracies with that E-11. Scope in the wrong place, t-tracks are too short, Hengstler is wrong etc etc. A well crafted Doopys would be more accurate to screen used examples. :-)

Agreed, I'm going to have to strip off "almost" all of their additions, but the base electronics (Trigger) and replace with Doopys parts (Im too lazy to do a pipe build)

4 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Haha! Good point! :-)

Given how well frankenhelm turned out (Yes, I should have used the correct gray paint, (Maybe I'll go back and fix it one day) 

It "should" turn out pretty well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...