Helmet Decal Clear Coat protection - Tube 'Gills'

ocmano

So about wrapped up, but a little concerned about the tube gills that are decals on my helmet rubbing off by people grabbing the helmet there.  Now I know there's clear coat sprays out there that I could put over the decals to cover them and make it more resistant to rubbing off.  Anyone use a clear coat, or have an idea how to protect the tube decals?  Recommendations on what to use?

HelmetEarPaint_LI.jpg

They shouldn’t wear off, it’s not a high wear area.

However, are they high enough up the tubes? They look rather low to me but it may well be the angle of the photo.
Left side bulges out a bit more than right, not sure if I can move them without getting another decal set from Trooperbay. Tried setting the start and end at the same location based on the jowl and ears.

Could try masking off the tubes and paint them. Have the right color for it, just don't know if its needed for approval or not.3aebebed38665e07ce75a8ceef691243.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Alright, just saw the other thread right after this one with the reference pics. Looked around and found a 2nd set of decals in the kit. Here's new pics with them moved up.

Better?
d1f9d5c543804f0f9c0f946abe4cc85c.jpg449373dd4cb11304408ebed08168af8e.jpgf27f3bca40ac9f9440b9db02e3eef60c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...