Mr_Fahrenheit

AP Armour - Trimmed - ANH Centurion - First Build Thread

5 minutes ago, Suspend said:

Hey, I think there's a bit of confusion here.  I think Wook meant that Mark at AP may sell larger shoulder bells.  I'm just using the regular AP bells.

Pandatrooper had a nice shot showing different bells.  Apparently the AM bells are quite a bit larger.  Maybe something to consider if nothing else works out?

Oh man. Yeah I'm crossing streams then. I have no idea who I've been following anymore. I remember one super tall guy who got shoulder bells that were longer. But thanks for the tip!

31 minutes ago, Mr_Fahrenheit said:

ANOTHER QUESTION

Once I get more e-6000, I'll be able to set the thigh strapping on and take a full body photo. Does everyone use the Uswrath method of strapping the thigh to a hidden belt? Or is there some other way to keep the thighs from slipping?

Also, do the shins require strapping? or do they just rest on the boot? I feel like they rest on the boot, but just want to ask in case I've missed something.

Thanks all! I really appreciate it!

For the thigh strapping, I use a belt and nylon straps that are snapped into the thighs.  The nylon straps are just folded over the belt and sewn.  Pretty basic but it works.

No strapping for the shins required.  They stay in place - for the most part.  A lot of people have issues with the shins rotating a bit.  This is easily remedied by adding a bit of industrial strength velcro to the inside of the shin along the front seam and the loop-side Velcro to the front top of the boot.  Keeps things nice and aligned. 

I haven't found the build thread with the bells yet - but I would not worry too much about that yet.

2 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

For the thigh strapping, I use a belt and nylon straps that are snapped into the thighs.  The nylon straps are just folded over the belt and sewn.  Pretty basic but it works.

No strapping for the shins required.  They stay in place - for the most part.  A lot of people have issues with the shins rotating a bit.  This is easily remedied by adding a bit of industrial strength velcro to the inside of the shin along the front seam and the loop-side Velcro to the front top of the boot.  Keeps things nice and aligned. 

I haven't found the build thread with the bells yet - but I would not worry too much about that yet.

Amazing, thank you!

• Like 1

Oh man. Yeah I'm crossing streams then. I have no idea who I've been following anymore. I remember one super tall guy who got shoulder bells that were longer. But thanks for the tip!

Didn’t the ghostbusters teach you anything?? “Don’t cross the streams!!”

Yes, great catch. I'll try evening that out for sure. I just ran out of e-6000, so I'll have to go pick up my third tube. (FYI, if you need to squeeze more e-6000 out of a tube, use pliers and give it hell. You'll get a lot more out!)

ANOTHER QUESTION
Once I get more e-6000, I'll be able to set the thigh strapping on and take a full body photo. Does everyone use the Uswrath method of strapping the thigh to a hidden belt? Or is there some other way to keep the thighs from slipping?

There is a member on this site who sells a garter system, “Pencap” is his name. I bought mine from him and it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

There is a member on this site who sells a garter system, “Pencap” is his name. I bought mine from him and it works well.

That's great, thank you. I'll check it out!

Me again! I've made a few tweaks and would love some feedback. 

xRWODgB.jpg VRYaifR.jpg

Since my last post, I angled the shoulders inwards, and tried to level out the lopsided chest piece over the abdomen. I also made the thigh strapping. So here is my first post with a full suit! For the back, I just noticed that my left bicep strap ran up and over the top of the bicep. I'll see about making sure that stays in place somehow. I also see that my forearms aren't very symmetrical when on my arms. I'll see why next time I put it on. I have the white elastic for the shoulder straps, just haven't put that on yet.

F3EGftw.jpg UY2VSAI.jpg

The sides. Though this isn't a submission, I thought I would just do the main submission photos to help anyone point out stuff.

wPPleg4.jpg

The cool pose.

Hq3kbyN.jpg

And the sexy pose.

Thanks for any feedback!

Edited by Mr_Fahrenheit
  • Like 1

My garrison doesn’t have a sexy pose, that’s disappointing. If it were me I’d try and get the biceps up a bit but that’s me I’m not a GML. Other then that I think you did a great job.

Looks great!  Nice work. 

The only thing I will add about fitting is - can you bring your thighs up a bit?  Ideally you want to have as little black showing at the top as possible - plus it would give the tops of your shins a bit more clearance from bumping into your thighs. 

One thing I noticed was the snaps under the posterior are visible from the rear and should be more hidden underneath:
48850967e5571e103edebaa64be751fe.jpg

9 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

My garrison doesn’t have a sexy pose, that’s disappointing. If it were me I’d try and get the biceps up a bit but that’s me I’m not a GML. Other then that I think you did a great job.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll try that out next time I put it on.  Also... get a sexy pose. It should be mandatory.

5 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Looks great!  Nice work. 

The only thing I will add about fitting is - can you bring your thighs up a bit?  Ideally you want to have as little black showing at the top as possible - plus it would give the tops of your shins a bit more clearance from bumping into your thighs. 

Yeah I noticed that a lot of troopers have their thighs angled a little outwards. I tried that a bit by readjusting the garter, and the thighs came up a bit. I can angle them out a bit more and they should come up easily. It also makes the sniper knee position look a little more natural. But if that doesn’t work, i’ll see about resizing them completely. 

5 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

One thing I noticed was the snaps under the posterior are visible from the rear and should be more hidden underneath:

Yeah, I got a lot of junk in the trunk, but I can always use the snap the furthest away from the cod as the anchor. That may help. If not, I’ll see about tightening the elastic.

5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Send it in!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thanks so much! I still have those few tweaks to take care of, the internals of the helmet, and then the blaster to build. But hopefully soon!

Just now, Mr_Fahrenheit said:

the internals of the helmet, and then the blaster to build.

Not needed for basic approval so just send the photos and your good then build the blaster and helmet internals:duim:

31 minutes ago, Mr_Fahrenheit said:

Hmmmmm I’ll consider that, thanks!

Nothing to consider, get approved and enjoy working on your blaster as an official StormtrooperB) Kidding aside, also happened to read about the biceps and thighs and I say leave the biceps were they are, they should be low and the thighs are not meant to be rotated outwards, coverstrips are supposed to be front and center on all the limbs:salute:

On 1/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, TheSwede said:

Nothing to consider, get approved and enjoy working on your blaster as an official StormtrooperB) Kidding aside, also happened to read about the biceps and thighs and I say leave the biceps were they are, they should be low and the thighs are not meant to be rotated outwards, coverstrips are supposed to be front and center on all the limbs:salute:

Haha okay, I’ve submitted my photos! Thanks for the push :)

• Like 3