Digz Graavz First Build - ANH Stunt from AP

Digz Graavz

The last of the cover strips are clamped and drying!!!!!

Oh, and hopefully these wrists are trimmed enough for Centurion.  Yes I have re-glued/clamped that one cover strip.

Time for dinner.  Maybe I will tackle the shoulder strips tonight too.

2F3hJat.jpg

Edited by Digz Graavz
  • Like 1

Ice storm here today.  Power is coming and going, and with it web access so I am rushing to gather info.  I have 3 split rivets left - One goes in the cod piece - where do the last 2 go?  I have to,maybe, brave the roads ad go to work by 2PM.  Trying to have a productive morning, so any quick answers would be appreciated.  Somehow I don't have any single cap rivets grrr.

Here's what I have left to assemble:
Shoulder Straps

Sniper Knee

Thigh Ammo - Says single cap 5/16.  Is this where I use the last 2 split rivets instead?

Belt Ammo - Says single cap 5/16.  Can I get away with Chicago screws or the split rivets?  Yeah yeah... Chicagos are 10mm not 7 and I will probably hate myself later.  

All strapping/elastic/velcro

Glue the flexi hand guards to the gloves

Assemble the thermal detonator

Glue the square buttons to the belt

Thanks all!

Edited by Digz Graavz

15 minutes ago, Digz Graavz said:

Ice storm here today.  Power is coming and going, and with it web access so I am rushing to gather info.  I have 3 split rivets left - One goes in the cod piece - where do the last 2 go?  I have to,maybe, brave the roads ad go to work by 2PM.  Trying to have a productive morning, so any quick answers would be appreciated.  Somehow I don't have any single cap rivets grrr.

Here's what I have left to assemble:
Shoulder Straps

Sniper Knee

Thigh Ammo - Says single cap 5/16.  Is this where I use the last 2 split rivets instead?

Belt Ammo - Says single cap 5/16.  Can I get away with Chicago screws or the split rivets?  Yeah yeah... Chicagos are 10mm not 7 and I will probably hate myself later.  

All strapping/elastic/velcro

Glue the flexi hand guards to the gloves

Assemble the thermal detonator

Glue the square buttons to the belt

Thanks all!

Two split rivets are used to attach the right thigh ammo pack.

1 minute ago, Twosolitudes said:

Two split rivets are used to attach the right thigh ammo pack.

Awesome thanks.  I guess I just need an appropriate fastener for the ammo boxes and I am GTG!

Stay safe today Rob.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Digz Graavz said:

Awesome thanks.  I guess I just need an appropriate fastener for the ammo boxes and I am GTG!

Stay safe today Rob.

Thanks! Saw one car off the road on my way to the train station to his morning. Drive carefully if you have to go into work.

For the dangling boxes, I think there is flexibility as that connection isn’t seen. Have to go back and look at the CRL...

Stupid belt buttons won't fit flat over the fasteners as the cavity is not deep enough...  Is this common?  Do I bravely try to make my own slightly deeper buttons or just gap it with E6000?

EDIT - Nevermind...I used CA to sick them to the head and then E6000 all around the plastic areas.  

Edited by Digz Graavz
  • Like 1

It looks like you're attaching your knee the way I did mine originally, focusing on centering the notches across the cover strip and lining up the side ridges, which results in a slightly crooked knee plate. Unfortunately this was not acceptable for Centurion approval, so to straighten it out you'll want to offset the knee a bit.

Before:

30898112327_f4dae96421_b.jpg&key=5563d38

After:

46734762191_8e6dd9107c_b.jpg&key=99966ad

Edited by Scimitar

I just looked through your thread and noticed that the thigh cover strip is to long, they should end before the ridge at the knee.

Edited by HSM76
Grammar

56 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

It looks like you're attaching your knee the way I did mine originally, focusing on centering the notches across the cover strip and lining up the side ridges, which results in a slightly crooked knee plate. Unfortunately this was not acceptable for Centurion approval, so to straighten it out you'll want to offset the knee a bit.

Thanks.  I'll focus on horizontal level then fix the one side to get it attached.  More like this:

9NBbIwq.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HSM76 said:

I just looked through your thread and noticed that the thigh cover strip is to long, they should end before the ridge at the knee.

Thanks.  Easy fix I hope :)

2 minutes ago, HSM76 said:

I am not sure how the AP looks underneath, I have an RS Suit, but it should be straight, this is how my left knee cover strip looks:

The strip in my pic is centered and the pencil line follows the moulding.  

This is how I did that cover strip on that thigh (please ignore the untrimmed tops and crooked cover strip on the right thigh, this was an in-progress picture):

42589590330_b1512d8f7d_z.jpg&key=6ca9123

Edited by Scimitar
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Before you glue your sniper knee on, can you post a quick pic of a view showing how the bottom is trimmed?

At work now, but this is what it looks like (before any re-positioning as suggested above).  I kept it as it came (pre-trimmed kit from AP)

I am very open to suggestions!

DTE3GC0.jpg

Edited by Digz Graavz