Digz Graavz First Build - ANH Stunt from AP

Digz Graavz

I’m getting a custom neck seal made by Geeky Pink’s Phantastic Gaskets. You can FB search that and message her. 

Im going back and forth between a two piece under armour suit or another one piece. 

I got a suit from Trooperbay along with the neck seal, which I am having replaced as it was too small (16" when open = 14.5" inner circumference when closed). 

I have black underarmor/equivilant as well as I also do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  I was worried about logos showing though.

On 1/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, Digz Graavz said:

"Chicago Screws" = "Double Cap Rivets"?   I'm going for Centurion so I want to get it all right.

Thanks!

No, Chicago screws are threaded. If your suit came with the holster (?) it should have at least one set already.

Double caps rivets seem more like snaps, although different. I didn’t use the double caps in any part of my own build.

Thanks. Bucket is 99%.  Just need to paint the screws white.  I think they should just award Centurion to anyone with enough patience to not throw their helmet across the room while installing the S-trim.  What a pain!

Pics to follow.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Digz Graavz said:

I think they should just award Centurion to anyone with enough patience to not throw their helmet across the room while installing the S-trim.

HAHAHA.  Yep, my sentiment exactly.  It was one of those "surprise, no one warned me about this one!" treats.  It gets easier with practice - may I suggest a few drops of E6000? :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

HAHAHA.  Yep, my sentiment exactly.  It was one of those "surprise, no one warned me about this one!" treats.  It gets easier with practice - may I suggest a few drops of E6000? :P

It’s the unofficial ”TK rite of passage”

”first rule of S-trim is you don’t talk about S-trim”

:D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Digz Graavz said:

Brow is a bit low in these pics but I can adjust it up.

Looking good.  Yeah, the brow does appear to be a bit low - sounds like the new ideal is about 5mm above the eyes for a stunt. 

You might be asked to move the tube stripes up a little.  Not for basic approval, but just for screen accuracy - there is at least one DO ( @CableGuy  :lol:) who is a stickler for tube stripes, so you might get the comment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Digz Graavz said:

Yeahhh...the S trim fell off... Didn't glue it, sigh.

I have pics but I need to find a spot to host them as I am out of room on here apparently.  Getting IMGUR set up now.

For the s-trim, a trick is to trim it so it seems like it is about 1 inch too long - then try to jam that extra onto the helmet - the pressure holds it in place.  Otherwise, yeah, use E6000. 

My TK has no glue and it has never come loose.  I cut my Sandtrooper trim a little too short and it has popped off a time or two while getting by bucket off my big head. 

OK so above you can see the helmet with the brow raised.  Upon closer inspection yeah the stripes are a bit low depending on what trooper you look at.   Below you can see the ears drilled for the countersinking of the screws.

nrBn0Ie.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Digz Graavz said:

oh0Mef6.jpg

While the stickers freshly applied and you are careful you should be able to apply some masking tape over the stickers then with a sharp knife ease up each corner of the stripes and pull off the whole set of tube stripes in one go, then you could reapply.

LOL thanks all.  I sent Mark from AP an email asking how much for just the blue sticker set.  He's in Canada as well so shipping on something like that should only be about 75 cents.

I was doing some quick test fits on the armor and it looks like there won't be much trimming needed.  5'9" is kind of ideal I guess.

At least the S Trim stayed on this time!  I need to glue that today....  Once I get home from work that is.

I'm going to order a spare set anyways JIC.

Edited by Digz Graavz

16 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Make sure you have the more “ bulbous” side of the s-trim on the inside of the helmet and the “flatter part” on the outside of the helmet exposed.

Oh crud, but at least it isn't glued yet.  Looking at the photo below, I attached the slot that the red line is pointed to and the green slot is hidden inside the helmet.  Please tell me that's right or I am going to need to buy more beer.

image.jpeg.2cf5fbed1f6d172f7dafa3f31385bb16.jpeg