To chatter or not to chatter

• ukswrath changed the title to To chatter or not to chatter

Personally I don't believe I have heard any chatter in the OT movies, usually coms too or from a TK is one to one.

• Like 1

So when the the TK tells Vader in A New Hope "The Death Star plans are not in the main computer", or when one says to another "There's one set for stun", what do you want to call that?

So when the the TK tells Vader in A New Hope "The Death Star plans are not in the main computer", or when one says to another "There's one set for stun", what do you want to call that?

That’s TKs talking to Vader or to each other it’s not back ground noise. I’m a police officer I share a police channel with 2 other townships. When those townships talk it’s background noise “chatter” cause it doesn’t involve me. When they call my Township it’s a direct communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

That’s TKs talking to Vader or to each other it’s not back ground noise. I’m a police officer I share a police channel with 2 other townships. When those townships talk it’s background noise “chatter” cause it doesn’t involve me. When they call my Township it’s a direct communication.

Ok I see where you're coming from. Here's in the US chatter is communication between anyone on coms. 

• Like 1

Ok I see where you're coming from. Here's in the US chatter is communication between anyone on coms. 

It’s honestly up to the individual. And seriously I just like messing with Matt and mean no harm (my wife thinks you guys are gonna kick me out). But being a police officer I see chatter as background noise that doesn’t pertain to me. I could honestly care less who uses it, it’s all about having fun. I don’t use it cause I feel it’s a TD thing but far be it from me to stop someone. I would troop with them, hopefully I’ll get to troop with Matt soon.

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

It’s honestly up to the individual. And seriously I just like messing with Matt and mean no harm (my wife thinks you guys are gonna kick me out). But being a police officer I see chatter as background noise that doesn’t pertain to me. I could honestly care less who uses it, it’s all about having fun. I don’t use it cause I feel it’s a TD thing but far be it from me to stop someone. I would troop with them, hopefully I’ll get to troop with Matt soon.

Dude you're totally fine. No worries. We're all enjoying a nice informative convo. 

Just now, Frank75139 said:

Well consider this an open invitation, come to Pennsylvania, I’m right outside Philly. If your around let me know.

Copy that (mic break) 

Definition of chatter. 1 : the action or sound of chattering. 2 : idle talk : prattle. 3 : electronic and especially radio communication between individuals engaged in a common or related form of activity; also : such chatter regarding future hostile activities.

I don’t use it (no electronics other than fan for me, for now) but our TB has it and it can add some nice ambiance when we are just standing around, he usually turns it off if it gets too crazy though.