What if I had a helmet and body armor with whites that are a bit off?

rzill

I had the chance to purchase an unmade Anovos kit with the already made helmet for the ANH-TK.  It seems as if the whites are not an exact match, as I built an ATA kit, and the Anovos seems a tad whiter.  My kit is six years old, so maybe it's just faded a bit.  My question is, would this still be approved for basic trooping?  I will sell the Anovos kit, for sure, anyway, but it's either with or without the pre-made bucket.  Thanks!

Here are the pics.  It's so hard to tell, and maybe that's a good thing!  I've included several differently lighted pics to see if there's a big difference.  I am also now concerned this is an ESB bucket with the stickers for the blue stripes.  Can this be fixed?  XDaw8cN.jpg47Uc5sz.jpg

In all honesty, it doesn’t look that bad in the photos. Perhaps try some natural light shots (daylight) when you can.

Ref the note on the pics about the tubestripes; with a grey frown, your lid is an ANH lid. You’re right that ESB used stickers/decals for the lids, but in this case, Anovos have just done it to save time/money. :-)

(Btw, you’re right about FISD - it’s a great community. )

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 2:46 AM, CableGuy said:

In all honesty, it doesn’t look that bad in the photos. Perhaps try some natural light shots (daylight) when you can.

Ref the note on the pics about the tubestripes; with a grey frown, your lid is an ANH lid. You’re right that ESB used stickers/decals for the lids, but in this case, Anovos have just done it to save time/money. :-)

(Btw, you’re right about FISD - it’s a great community. emoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1303.png)

I took pics from a few different exposures and flash settings.  I think I have a chameleon brand, because it seems to switch from mine being brighter to the new helmet being brighter from one place to another!  Either way, I think it bodes well for me to use this bucket with my ATA armor.  What do you think?  mFeAMgc.jpeg

In broad daylight, the differences are much less obvious. Judging from the photo (indoor, with a warmer tone), there is a slight difference between them but I think it is acceptable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
In broad daylight, the differences are much less obvious. Judging from the photo (indoor, with a warmer tone), there is a slight difference between them but I think it is acceptable.

Any pictures in broad daylight.... regular inside light...???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk