Height and weight

What’s up guys? After many years of wanting to be one I’m ready financially to buy my armor kit. Just wanted to know a few things. First I’m 5’11” and I’m about 280. To my bigger friends is it better to trim off weight to fit in my gear? And where do I go to purchase a kit? Any advice will help guys. Thank you! 

I just got my first kit. I'm 6'4" and 275 I got the AM 2.0 so far it's awesome and the people are fantastic as far as support goes. Also a lot of the trimming as far as extra plastic goes is done already. I just started and an a noob but I hope this helps

Edited by J-Augie
Grammer

Welcome to the home of shiny white armor, Ely!  Great to hear that you are ready to "take the plunge" on purchasing your kit, and you have come to the right place for all things TK related.

As Jim mentioned, AM is a great set of armor and you should be able to trim that as necessary to get your basic approval.  When gluing your parts together, I highly recommend the product that most of us use which is E-6000.  It gives you a solid set of armor, but can be removed if you ever need to trim down certain parts.

After you order your kit, I would recommend a few things..

1.  Check out some of the build threads in this section:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/, especially those related to the armorer you are using.  For instance, if you decide to go with AM, look for that in the title.  Example:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/10434-pandatroopers-am-build-threadam/

2.  While waiting, I suggest getting all the necessary supplies you will need so that you have them on hand when BBB (Big Brown Box) day arrives.  I have a thread here that will help:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

3.  Start your own build thread.  This way, you can post photos of your progress (show off your build) and ask questions in the same area.

This site can seem a little overwhelming with all the information that is available, but know that we are here to help every step of the way, and don't be shy about asking all the questions you need to.  (It's kinda' what we do here).  Best of luck on your white armor journey!

If you can loose some it will always help, and its good for you too!  That said the armour you pick will also play part.

As for larger options RWA recently launched what he calls his "big boy parts" which add some room in the the chest, back, kidney and butt plates to give larger troopers more options when assembling their kit.  He also offers a larger shoulder bell and longer shins.

• Like 1

Def go AM. there armor is amazing, customer service is TOP! and their armor is amazing, yes I know I said that twice but it only makes it that much more true. You wont be disappointed. Where us bigger troopers would have had to shim other kits, with the AM armor we actually needed to trim some. Its stout, and without a doubt a great looking kit. Head over to our EIB and Centurion posts, and look for those troopers that might match your body type. that will give you an idea of what certain armor looks like on bigger guys

6 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

Def go AM. there armor is amazing, customer service is TOP! and their armor is amazing, yes I know I said that twice but it only makes it that much more true. You wont be disappointed. Where us bigger troopers would have had to shim other kits, with the AM armor we actually needed to trim some. Its stout, and without a doubt a great looking kit. Head over to our EIB and Centurion posts, and look for those troopers that might match your body type. that will give you an idea of what certain armor looks like on bigger guys

Agreed 100%.  My main armor is AM, and it is built like a tank.  3 years and countless troops with no cracks or yellowing.  I am 5'11 / 155 and although I had to do some serious trimming it fits like a glove.  Great customer service as well!

• Like 1