XWingAce77 TK ANH stunt build

XWingAce77

BBB day happened a few months ago and i am slowly working on my TK, fear of messing up has kept it slow. all the pieces are sanded and ready to be put together, just having trouble with a few things, possibly my body type everyone is different. i will be compiling all my build stuff in this thread, any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated in helping me complete this build. hopefully to get that centurion status. 

1 minute ago, XWingAce77 said:

BBB day happened a few months ago and i am slowly working on my TK, fear of messing up has kept it slow. all the pieces are sanded and ready to be put together, just having trouble with a few things, possibly my body type everyone is different. i will be compiling all my build stuff in this thread, any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated in helping me complete this build. hopefully to get that centurion status. 

you will, no problem. Be sure to upload photos as much as possible. weather its showing off, or needing help, ask, and upload! give us something to look at!!!

• Like 2

Great to hear that you are headed for Centurion, Brendon!  Don't worry about "messing things up", just post any questions you have (or better yet PHOTOS) and we will be more than happy to answer your inquiries.  Building a set of TK armor will take some time, (Helpful hint:  DON'T RUSH IT).  Think of it more as a marathon than a sprint with hundreds of TKs helping you along.  We will get ya' there.

so my arms and shoulder bells are complete, i will upload pictures of them later. right now I am working on the main body then after that i will move on to the legs. right now im having trouble, the ab and kidney plate are lined up at the top but nothing else seems to be fitting right. if i have the ab plate up to high it hits me in the groin area but the back plate fits right and the butt plate its to high and vice versa if its to low, either way it never seems to fit right. not sure how to progress. i will upload some more pictures as well. hope all that made sense 

20180904_132734 (2).jpg

Hey brendan, so yeah two things I noticed while building mine was the back shoulder parts had to be straightened and the butt plate didn't sit quite right until I actually put it together with my brackets.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

So far as the cod goes that is going to happen no matter what you do, but you can minimize it.

2 minutes ago, Rat said:

Hey brendan, so yeah two things I noticed while building mine was the back shoulder parts had to be straightened and the butt plate didn't sit quite right until I actually put it together with my brackets.

i kinda figured i would have to, the past couple of days looking at other threads and test fitting it seemed like the route i had to take.

9 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

You have a TON of return edges you can take off. if you can post pics with your arms up, so we can see whats going on

absolutely i will, after work tonight i will just post as many pictures as I can.

• Like 2

Yeah clear and concise pictures are really good, plus they help us to see what the issue may be. Yeah the Anovos kit has way, way too much return edge.

• Like 1

I trimmed mine to just around 3mm. I think for most people this sort of an average, it also keeps down on "armor bite".

Figment is always a bit of a juggling act depending on what sits right and what doesn’t. Looking forward to the progress.

We got your back trooper!

Any thoughts on how you will connect the back, kidney and butt together? ie snaps, brackets or Velcro?
I actually bought the mrnostripes kit, going for that funtional yet authentic set up hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

so im trying to post photos but all the sudden im having trouble with that. i guess the file sizes are too big? any idea how to fix that? 

Hiya

Tapatalk is a simple way to upload your posts, including pictures.

Otherwise, a service like Imgur would work well. Upload your pics to your Imgur account, then copy and paste the “BBCode” link into your post. Here’s a great tutorial;

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

Hope that helps.
Dan :-)
  • Like 2

alright so i took a few pictures posted them to imgur, hopefully they help, will definitely take more, also i hope i did it right, labeled a few of them to clarify what they are. would putting dimensions on them help as well? https://imgur.com/a/UCEtSNV

9 hours ago, XWingAce77 said:

alright so i took a few pictures posted them to imgur, hopefully they help, will definitely take more, also i hope i did it right, labeled a few of them to clarify what they are. would putting dimensions on them help as well? https://imgur.com/a/UCEtSNV

I would post them directly here, like you did above, this is merely a link and most wont follow it.

• Like 1