Mason's RWA ANH TK Stunt Build

Yes, it looks like a mess, but, it's an organised mess! All parts initially sized up ready for trimming. Tapered the biceps, fore arms and thighs. A lot of excess being removed!268adc32cd88e7dffba15196fb69d562.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mason.c said:

Belt completed030b4fe7fce8da1b24c5c1955ad13774.jpg

Ā 

Great work so far Mason.Ā  Not sure if you plan on going to higher levels of approval.Ā  A real easy fix is your drop boxes lining with the ends of the belt.

Ā 

vp_-2tkHe3SJiX908UyWrnbAhAbdlOU2aGy3CW5Q

Ā 

I'm not sure if it is just how it is laying flat but a real easy fix is a bit of glue on the back will force them into the right position.

Great work so far Mason.Ā  Not sure if you plan on going to higher levels of approval.Ā  A real easy fix is your drop boxes lining with the ends of the belt.
Ā 
vp_-2tkHe3SJiX908UyWrnbAhAbdlOU2aGy3CW5QkmsT5c4VIaa7bXJPwMYPoOK5XbMYn6abfEpdb2GAL4LTocbylHjBH3dgbI5js9tu0IPqJS0NuY8N39s_W8ZHBGh-amZ54HqDRSA=w2400&key=27765cfcd8366decd9a890d374539302d599156e991504f30d2deb80414372cd
Ā 
I'm not sure if it is just how it is laying flat but a real easy fix is a bit of glue on the back will force them into the right position.
Yea, it was the angle of the photo making it look out of line. It is stitched in place, here's a close up.decec23a19dd34e9f87488b41b400e5e.jpg

• Like 2

Great progress, Mason. I canā€™t see this being a long build. ;-)
We need to get it done asap, as we want to get him inducted at MCM Birmingham in November. Very few free days means that the deadline is tighter than we would like.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We need to get it done asap, as we want to get him inducted at MCM Birmingham in November. Very few free days means that the deadline is tighter than we would like.

Iā€™m sure you and the young Padawan can get it done by then.

Heck, Iā€™d thought heā€™d have his Centurion by then!! ;-)
  • Like 1

There's time yet.Ā  Looks like you've got most of the trimming done, if you can find time to get one seam glued an evening (about 30-45 minutes I seem to remember) then you can work through the whole suit in under 2 weeks, for some you can do 2 or 3 parts as you won't need as much clamping.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Is there anyone local who can either help or lend you clamping kit to speed up the process?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTID said:

Ā 

At this rate you should have time to spare!Ā  Great progress and it looks great!

Second coat of grey done and vocoder painted. Need to tidy up the black lines, and then pop on the virticle stripes before doing the tube stripes. Also going to remove the lenses and reduce the flashing around the eyes.8486234ff609f68c1eb3c77932ce513e.jpg

Then it was time to trim the ab button plates.
The smaller trimmed down to 70mm x 20mm. The larger has around a 5mm frame surrounding the raised area. Just need a sanding and then they're done753e3c1a84679946bd5d1324f2ca8227.jpg

• Like 2

Final part of the lid build. Lines done, eyes sorted and a base coat of white put down on the cheeks. The reason for the white is if there is to be any bleed, then it will be the white that does, and not the blue, as the white will hopefully plug where the bleed occurs. We shall see!3164431e9251e3512490de41b7ce5786.jpg