TKC Request for CRL Updates Thread

14 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Do you know, it's the only one we really have, and is used by ROTJ as well.  If I can get a clean one to replace, I will for the lot of them that need it.

Best I have for the moment

ROTJ

iqZns3p.png

Game

iZPTaxz.png

ZVjrHDL0wyPNrMaCVjA_57iBrXyaV1VFrhBZMOtq

I think I have some leeway there I can work on without getting a new knee ammo strap. I also found a belt face in the stash, I think it was a spare from TM I ordered.

I believe that is the original parts for ROTJ kit that came from Paul. He made me a spare one for my ANH Hero, I think I mixed the two up when I went through the kit parts around the time I am starting the build. The ROTJ one is actually 3/4 inch longer on both end. I will replace the whole belt too to make the cover button a little closer to the edges.

Added 2 5-16 snaps on both side of the Ab plate already as Randy suggested earlier. I will start a modification thread inside the Stromtrooper Commmander build section to document these modifications as I work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, giskard8 said:

I think I have some leeway there I can work on without getting a new knee ammo strap. I also found a belt face in the stash, I think it was a spare from TM I ordered.

I believe that is the original parts for ROTJ kit that came from Paul. He made me a spare one for my ANH Hero, I think I mixed the two up when I went through the kit parts around the time I am starting the build. The ROTJ one is actually 3/4 inch longer on both end. I will replace the whole belt too to make the cover button a little closer to the edges.

Added 2 5-16 snaps on both side of the Ab plate already as Randy suggested earlier. I will start a modification thread inside the Stromtrooper Commmander build section to document these modifications as I work.

It's always great when you see an already approved centurion make changes to fit in with new CRL's, looking forward to seeing the updates :duim:

Do not be alarmed, just a bit of reference from a book published by Chronicle Books.

I am sorry I should’ve thought of this earlier and add to the discussion. but it just pop into my mind when someone ask about TKC on IOC Facebook group if he’s a commissioned or non-commissioned officer.

This is in a book called “Imperial Handbook” back in 2015:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars®-Imperial-Handbook-Chronicle/dp/1452145288/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1538973252&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=imperial+handbook&dpPl=1&dpID=61weZtrbH4L&ref=plSrch

Inside the book there is a Stormtrooper section, and they have this illustration:

oUb3UVvX9VGK6AoUtITAP6qPw2WMo6Jm92yBHbJ1

As you can see, the ammo knee belt is in classic OT configuration, the armor parts are in ANH style too without ROTJ trim, and appears to be butt-joined.

There is also a small illustration of TFU Incinerator Trooper, but the details was nothing like the video visual references, I guess the Artist took liberties on that too. So ultimately we should stick with the video screen captured references I guess.

Edited by giskard8
  • Like 1

Nice find but yes I agree we should only be using the game screen references. That fellow has a button in the middle if the belt too ;) 

True.  I was at the library yesterday and it's amazing what people will get in a book.  Remember we are aiming for canonical characters.  For example sometimes they'll take an action figure and just paint it via laziness to simplify manufacturing.

• 1 month later...

I would like to have some wording changed in the CRL, it was brought to my attention in the recent TKC L3 approval of Daphne that ROTJ armor will not allow the thigh ammo strip to sit on top of the lower ridge and cover the front of the ridge (as seen in screen images). Looking at other makes of armor it appears it won't allow the strip to sit there either. The V in the screen image I believe is a lot lower than most armor available, also the raised sections of the ammo strip stop after the screen image example, so it is impossible to replicate the screen images to position the strip to the V section of the thigh.

Screen image

iFH7BcH.png

An example of someone who tried but it sits on an angle when trying to cover the front of the ridge.

ymVVAZz.jpg

Daphne's App

DSCN0209.jpg

I propose the following change to the CRL

From

The thigh ammo belt shall be positioned on top of the lower ridge as seen in official references and is not rounded off like ANH.

To

The thigh ammo belt may be positioned on or above the lower ridge as seen in official references and is not rounded off like ANH.

@Daetrin @ukswrath @justjoseph63

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello there guys, i would suggest, if i may, about changing the CRL belt photos, i mean...seriously, this belt with all that edge, grey bpxes. and photoshoped (i guess) buttons...really? I guess this can be easily changed for a newer photo.

Also, the grey boxes i guess that can get someone confused, wouldn't surprise me.
image.thumb.png.d0f2336d4f5d2e9c302604c4b7ef55f9.png

• 11 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 1:04 AM, Aizenoso said:

Hola chicos, sugeriría, si puedo, cambiar las fotos del cinturón CRL , quiero decir ... en serio, este cinturón con todo ese borde, bpxes grises. y botones photoshoped (supongo) ... ¿en serio? Supongo que esto puede cambiar fácilmente para una foto más nueva.

Además, las cajas grises, supongo que pueden confundir a alguien, no me sorprenderían.
image.thumb.png.d0f2336d4f5d2e9c302604c4b7ef55f9.png

Hola alguien me puede ayudar a conseguir el cinturón de nylon para mi traje, en España no hay de estas medidas, y según crl de loneta o lona no es admitido, gracias 

2 hours ago, spider__32 said:

Hola alguien me puede ayudar a conseguir el cinturón de nylon para mi traje, en España no hay de estas medidas, y según crl de loneta o lona no es admitido, gracias 

Enviar un mensaje privado a @sskunky él puede ayudar

• 9 months later...

Since someone bring up the E-11 Blaster issue recently, should we revisit the CRL and bring the specs. in line with "The Force Unleashed" Stromtrooper?

E-11 Blaster (ESB)
  • Based on a real or replica Sterling submachine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Folding stock is placed in the closed position.
  • No ammo counter shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.
  • Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.
  • The M-19 scope is preferred.
  • No power cylinders on the magazine housing.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
  • If using the Hasbro E-11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.
    • This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
  • Hasbro / Rubies blasters are not allowed, even conversions.
  • The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure, however, T-tracks and grips shall have the appearance of black plastic.

Honestly I have been through the game several times on XBOX 360 and PC and I don't really remember seeing a stock extended E-11 inside the game, however I have distinct memory of seeing one on the back of the box from Gentle Giant's TKC bust model.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, giskard8 said:

Honestly I have been through the game several times on XBOX 360 and PC and I don't really remember seeing a stock extended E-11 inside the game, however I have distinct memory of seeing one on the back of the box from Gentle Giant's TKC bust model.

There's actually quite few thing which need to be updated between the CRL's, hopefully this one will be added to the list, there are a few other CRL's under review currently so not doubt it may not be address straight away. 

• Like 1