aghoneim

aghoneim's ANOVOS TK - 1st build

12 minutes ago, aghoneim said:

For the posterior, I'm thinking either to heat it and form it to my shape, or add a popper to the side and connect it to the ab … 

You can try a little heat or tighter strapping on the butt plate, you could also try attaching a V section of abs strips, only the end on the butt plate is glued, which still allows for movement, it will keep the butt plate held inward, here's the shape:

rQ7DaSt.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can try a little heat or tighter strapping on the butt plate, you could also try attaching a V section of abs strips, only the end on the butt plate is glued, which still allows for movement, it will keep the butt plate held inward, here's the shape:

rQ7DaSt.jpg

I would never have thought of that V method. Very cool! 

I will however try heating first, and if no luck, then look into the V tab. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have a section of scrap ABS close to that shape, but I think I could heat and bend one into it. Especially for those super thin scraps.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Doesnt have to be that crisp on the edges, was just easier to draw that way ;) . Just use a strip of abs, heat, then form around the edges :duim:

39 minutes ago, aghoneim said:

I would never have thought of that V method. Very cool! 

I will however try heating first, and if no luck, then look into the V tab. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have a section of scrap ABS close to that shape, but I think I could heat and bend one into it. Especially for those super thin scraps.

Thanks!

Yes, you will have to cut, heat, and bend some ABS in order to make one. But it works extremely well, from my own build:

43686079705_63ac540cdd_z.jpg

20 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Doesnt have to be that crisp on the edges, was just easier to draw that way ;) . Just use a strip of abs, heat, then form around the edges :duim:

18 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Yes, you will have to cut, heat, and bend some ABS in order to make one. But it works extremely well, from my own build:

43686079705_63ac540cdd_z.jpg

Thanks guys! That clarifies it for me - though I will try heating posterior first, I'm thinking I will still do this to help hold it in. It looks awesome!

I know what I'm doing tonight ;) 

• Like 2

Just did a quick test fit of the lower body, and just the right* leg (sniper knee is still drying). Also posterior hasn't been pulled in yet. 

How's it look overall?

IMG-7405.png

*I'm using a mirror!

Edited by aghoneim

Looking good

• Like 1

Another update (sorry if I'm bouncing around - going from one item to the next as things dry / come off the assembly line)

I've been working on the Sniper Knee and decided to glue the front first, and then glue the sides. Long story short, the sniper knee didn't line up well so I figured it would be better to do it in stages. The problem is when I tried to glue and fasten one of the sides ... I cracked the top. :mellow:

You can see it here. Whenever I try to push the knee closer to the shin, that crack gets bigger. 

IMG-7409.jpg

So I did two things:

1. I glued a small strip of plastic behind the crack to strengthen it (I hope..)
  2. I applied glue at the bottom edge of the Sniper Knee. So clamp is placed on the bumps, rather than near the crack. 

IMG-7411.jpg

IMG-7412.jpg

Hope I did the right thing!

Edited by aghoneim

They do tend to need some force to get in the right position, strengthening behind the crack will hopefully do the trick