aghoneim's ANOVOS TK - 1st build

aghoneim

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can try a little heat or tighter strapping on the butt plate, you could also try attaching a V section of abs strips, only the end on the butt plate is glued, which still allows for movement, it will keep the butt plate held inward, here's the shape:

rQ7DaSt.jpg

I would never have thought of that V method. Very cool! 

I will however try heating first, and if no luck, then look into the V tab. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have a section of scrap ABS close to that shape, but I think I could heat and bend one into it. Especially for those super thin scraps.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Doesnt have to be that crisp on the edges, was just easier to draw that way ;) . Just use a strip of abs, heat, then form around the edges :duim:

39 minutes ago, aghoneim said:

I would never have thought of that V method. Very cool! 

I will however try heating first, and if no luck, then look into the V tab. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have a section of scrap ABS close to that shape, but I think I could heat and bend one into it. Especially for those super thin scraps.

Thanks!

Yes, you will have to cut, heat, and bend some ABS in order to make one. But it works extremely well, from my own build:

43686079705_63ac540cdd_z.jpg

20 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Doesnt have to be that crisp on the edges, was just easier to draw that way ;) . Just use a strip of abs, heat, then form around the edges :duim:

18 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Yes, you will have to cut, heat, and bend some ABS in order to make one. But it works extremely well, from my own build:

43686079705_63ac540cdd_z.jpg

Thanks guys! That clarifies it for me - though I will try heating posterior first, I'm thinking I will still do this to help hold it in. It looks awesome!

I know what I'm doing tonight ;) 

• Like 2

Just did a quick test fit of the lower body, and just the right* leg (sniper knee is still drying). Also posterior hasn't been pulled in yet. 

How's it look overall?

IMG-7405.png

*I'm using a mirror!

Edited by aghoneim

Another update (sorry if I'm bouncing around - going from one item to the next as things dry / come off the assembly line)

I've been working on the Sniper Knee and decided to glue the front first, and then glue the sides. Long story short, the sniper knee didn't line up well so I figured it would be better to do it in stages. The problem is when I tried to glue and fasten one of the sides ... I cracked the top. :mellow:

You can see it here. Whenever I try to push the knee closer to the shin, that crack gets bigger. 

IMG-7409.jpg

So I did two things:

1. I glued a small strip of plastic behind the crack to strengthen it (I hope..)
  2. I applied glue at the bottom edge of the Sniper Knee. So clamp is placed on the bumps, rather than near the crack. 

IMG-7411.jpg

IMG-7412.jpg

Hope I did the right thing!

Edited by aghoneim

They do tend to need some force to get in the right position, strengthening behind the crack will hopefully do the trick

Just received my E11 from Quest Design Canada (on Etsy). Looks great and it was secure/well packaged for delivery. For any Canadians here (since there's limited choice for already assembled replica guns), Quest Design is a good choice for sure. Some pics below: 

IMG-7414.jpg

IMG-7417.jpg

IMG-7418.jpg

Otherwise, I should be completing the internal arm straps tomorrow - and the V tab that has been glued to the posterior should be dry ... I think I may be able to do a full fitting tomorrow! Till then ... :salute:

Edited by aghoneim

Alright, shoulders trimmed - and drum roll ... for me anyways ;) ... I managed to do a full fitting! 

Before getting into that, for those inclined to read, I realize it's going to take some time to learn how to get the whole thing on. A few poppers came off, things misaligned, I tried my best to adjust as I went. I missed some things. I also wore the Anovos provided hand guards incorrectly ... See below for all the pics.

(Questions and next steps at the end.)

IMG-7427.jpg

IMG-7434.jpg

IMG-7437.jpg

IMG-7438.jpg

IMG-7431.jpg

IMG-7433.jpg

How does the overall fit look?

Anything too loose? Almost ready for basic? 

Things still outstanding on my to-do list:

• Get the frown to screen accuracy, needs some painting
  • Paint and glue the Ab button plates
  • Clean all the glue around the cover strips, etc. 
  • Posterior needs some adjusting ... I will likely have to remove the return edge completely in order to heat persuade it better into shape. But I'm in no hurry for this step - unless it will prevent pre-approval. 
  • Order silicon handguards ... the Anovos ones slide around!

Cheers:duim:

Nice work, a few adjustments, just watch the spacing between pieces, you'll notice your left leg shin is higher on the boot that the right, left bicep and forearm are higher than the right. It's all about adjusting and tweaking and you'll find even after a few troops you may have to adjust again as the elastic can stretch.

Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, a few adjustments, just watch the spacing between pieces, you'll notice your left leg shin is higher on the boot that the right, left bicep and forearm are higher than the right. It's all about adjusting and tweaking and you'll find even after a few troops you may have to adjust again as the elastic can stretch.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Q :)

Yeah you're right about the shin. I haven't finished it yet, but I will be adding a popper to the top of the boot to keep it together (I've just glued the male popper down so far). 

For the left arm, the popper connecting bicep to shoulder bell got loose and I suspect that's why it was riding down lower. I'll have to try it on again to make sure that was the culprit. If so, any recommendations for keeping some poppers from disconnecting? I'm thinking I might apply a small amount of E6000 inside the popper, but just to one end so that I can still remove it from the opposite end. Sound feasible?