aghoneim's ANOVOS TK - 1st build

aghoneim

11 hours ago, Rat said:

remove the return edge there and it is still accurate. I don't have a photo of the screen used armor to show you,

Having no return is approvable at all levels,  however it`s not screen accurate as seen below, ref pic from Lucas archives, you can clearly see the return, granted it`s minimal in some places and removed in order to level out the inside/outside thigh piece in the back so one can say that having a return is more accurate than not:salute:

MD9rXDr.jpg

KODeQd8.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 3

Next update - sort of bouncing around on what to do next (while I wait to start sanding and gluing the limbs this weekend). 

Sanded the thermal detonator tube down and attached the caps using the boil method following ukswrath's guide. Here are some pics:

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7319.jpg

Had to be super careful when scooping up the caps from the boiling water. One of them I pressed too hard and heavily bent it in. But after fitting it on to the tube it took that shape and now it's like it never happened. Phew! :rolleyes:

Also, I wanted to take a look at the Anovos belt. I've been reading a lot how everyone has been swapping - to almost anything else. But I'll be honest, money is starting to get tight on this build project, so I may have to concede. However, before doing so, took a photo of everything with the belt together, what do you guys think?

IMG_7321.jpg

The most noticeable difference from ukswrath's guide is that ... well the holster doesn't have upper mount screws. 

Next update - sort of bouncing around on what to do next (while I wait to start sanding and gluing the limbs this weekend). 

Sanded the thermal detonator tube down and attached the caps using the boil method following ukswrath's guide. Here are some pics:

IMG_7315.jpg&key=23f9b9326aaaf09d6e919f2679ce1cce6e9448e83e4452dc9d836470ef72c7ea
IMG_7317.jpg&key=806a7dfa655899f89005aa613e903c603299e214db2d477e781c14edd42481aa
IMG_7319.jpg&key=224ee9f9509ca8dd31f84cb2595819a797be2bdcb4796e355744427d7bdd10f8

Had to be super careful when scooping up the caps from the boiling water. One of them I pressed too hard and heavily bent it in. But after fitting it on to the tube it took that shape and now it's like it never happened. Phew! :rolleyes:

Also, I wanted to take a look at the Anovos belt. I've been reading a lot how everyone has been swapping - to almost anything else. But I'll be honest, money is starting to get tight on this build project, so I may have to concede. However, before doing so, took a photo of everything with the belt together, what do you guys think?

IMG_7321.jpg&key=f5008aa6143b75fc3e3f5b36ea73023791fb9721f0ecc87002ad1dae22a2f376

The most noticeable difference from ukswrath's guide is that ... well the holster doesn't have upper mount screws. 
I was really happy that they stopped building the belts and shipped them in kit form.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you want to have the ends on the TD removable you can wrap some tape around the end of the pipe and then place the heated caps on, once it's cooled down you can remove the caps, then the tape and the caps will slip on easily.

Some add a dab of E6000 to secure them, I added a couple of angled ABS brackets to the insides of the end caps then ran elastic with Velcro on the ends to the brackets, can be a place to store some things, I normally carry my Working With Children Card in there in case I need to present it at an event (it's local law when you are with children that you hold a WWCC).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aghoneim said:

well the holster doesn't have upper mount screws. 

That´s the Stunt-configuration. Hero has four and as most people build for a Stunt, they had to remove the upper screws and fill in the holes in the belt (unless you changed the whole belt)  ANOVOS listened and changed to the kit version which makes it easier:salute:

HQ82gj5.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 3

Yeah I think it was easier to make the belt a kit then to make the bucket change from stunt to hero.

That´s the Stunt-configuration. Hero has four and as most people build for a Stunt, they had to remove the upper screws and fill in the holes in the belt (unless you changed the whole belt)  ANOVOS listened and changed to the kit version which makes it easier:salute:
HQ82gj5.jpg&key=a00ff7614b694ba1f975ae1b3bc8d05b26febd6904398ab5325977b8b9b54206

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Some add a dab of E6000 to secure them

Are you familiar with anyone having them come off? I sort of figured that after they cooled they'd be pretty secure on the tube. 

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I normally carry my Working With Children Card in there

That's a very interesting point! Good thinking as well to hide a card in there! ... and now I'm thinking about whether my caps are removable or not ...

5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

HQ82gj5.jpg

That is a great reference for the holster placement. I'm having some trouble finding reference materials for putting together the Anovos belt as is, any recommendations? Let me know if I just need to look harder (I seem to find more guides/threads on modifying it or using the Kittle belt).

Cheers :)

1 hour ago, aghoneim said:

I did find this from a 2015 thread. 

post-19582-0-04250100-1446492347.jpg.babe72a53e26533fcfb42d31e5dbfd1d.jpg

I never used those measurements but that’s the general Idea. All the belts go together basicly the same way, what differs is what type of fasteners one uses. The thing to watch is the hight of the ammobelt and not to place the snaps to close to the raised edges on the ab. 

The method to get the belt to stay snapped in is to first set the middle (I used single cap rivets), snap the canvas to the ab, bend the ammobelt and mark were to put the outer holes through the ammobelt (you drill those holes beforhand) If you like some visual aid feel free to check my Hero-build :salute: 

• Like 1

Any tips for cleaning e6000?

I was reading acetone on a q-tip would work ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nooooooooo! DO NOT USE ACETONE! It will ear your armor. Your finger or a scrap piece of ABS will do just fine.

E6000 will normally come off just by rubbing with a finger, thumb and cloth works, you can also use a rubber, to get into corners you can use a toothpick or scrap pieces of ABS.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rat said:

Nooooooooo! DO NOT USE ACETONE! It will ear your armor. Your finger or a scrap piece of ABS will do just fine.

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

E6000 will normally come off just by rubbing with a finger, thumb and cloth works, you can also use a rubber, to get into corners you can use a toothpick or scrap pieces of ABS.

Hmm - also, in my head I thought that I could clean it off later ... now that it's slight hardened (just a few hours). Any tips for removing glue completely and trying again? I honestly just underestimated how much would squeeze out once you put the clamps on...

Next update - hopefully nothing as dramatic as figuring out how to clean up glue!

Almost completed the belt. Minus holster installation, all single rivets, connection to Ab, and drop boxes have been installed and glued together. Sample pic:

IMG_7341.jpg

Additonally, I've started working on strapping system, including installing poppers on Ab, and the first bits of nylon to connect Ab to kidney. 

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

Otherwise, waiting for biceps to finish their 48hr dry time. Then on to gluing the next one!

Edited by aghoneim
  • Like 1

First bicep fully completed. Thoughts? 

IMG_7346.jpg

... It looks a little messy ... 

IMG_7348.jpg

I don't know if you can tell but I got glue sticking out on the sides of the cover strip and some glue markings on it as well. Is it possible to scrape the excess glue off without scratching the plastic? Other tips for cleaning this?

Thankfully I did a better job of cleaning the other bicep and forearms when gluing them...

Assuming you’re using E6000, it’s easy to remove. You can just use your finger and rub the excess glue. As for the gobs of glue in the cracks by the cover strips, you just have to pick at it. Tweezers, toothpicks, open paper clips...whatever you can use to get at the extra glue and pull it out, it’s fine. This happened a lot to me when I built my armor and had no issues removing the glue.

Thanks! Just wanted to be double check. I wasn’t feeling confident that you could pick at the glue after it’s hardened..

It's very hard not to get some glue coming out from the sides of cover strips no matter how careful you are.

I find using a soft cloth is good to get it off on flat pieces, on the edges I use pieces of scrap abs, gets in to the corners nicely.

For any stubborn bits some polish normally will help to get it off

• Like 1