New TK Anovos Build - 1st time build

shootstraight

This is the type of gap I thought you meant, but this is how the thighs should be. The other pieces should be just to the edge or a mm or 2 shorter.64cd4b02c110585007a8ef9bb08d3726.jpg

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

When in doubt you can always check the gallery for references.

DSC02549.jpg

IMG_20160313_154003.jpg

Also you want as little a gap as you can between the bottom ridges as they aren't covered with the strips so they do stand out, if you do have a gap you can always glues a strip of abs behind ;) 

11 minutes ago, shootstraight said:

Sorry man, can I get the link for the gallery? Found member one, but think you mean picture gallery of armor images.

It's on the top menu go across to Gallery  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

There are several folders, general reference, screen captures, costume parts and so on.

It's a great section to go to when you are stuck, just don't add rivets on the coverstrips, that was an on set quick fix ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shootstraight said:

Can I get a picture of what the strips should look like on the ends? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interior strip length doesn't matter so long as it doesn't extend past the edge of the armor also.

Here's a canon photo

gallery_12157_59_74335.jpggallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I will fix and continue on. Can you tell me how to wash them for fitting/shaping. I assume I need to remove the plastic, then not sure from there. Plan to wrap this up this week to move onto the legs unless body is better to do first. Thanks again

Thanks a lot! I will fix and continue on. Can you tell me how to wash them for fitting/shaping. I assume I need to remove the plastic, then not sure from there. Plan to wrap this up this week to move onto the legs unless body is better to do first. Thanks again

Washing for fitting and shaping? Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Once you start gluing you can remove the protective film as it will get into the way.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, shootstraight said:

I heard about washing in hot water to mold/reshape to fit better. Refer to it as washing! Looking on how this is done

It’s not really washing it’s more soaking in hot water and it really depends on what sections and if they actually need any heat at all. Using heat on ABS is tricky and does need some practice before you jump right in ;) 

I suggest that you continue to build everything and post images of areas you think may need some heat shaping, I’m sure you’ll get all the responses needed ASAP ;) 

• Like 2

I see yeah remove the film. Boil water then submerge parts for 15-20 seconds, shape and run under cold water to set the shape. Repeat as necessary.

I heard about washing in hot water to mold/reshape to fit better. Refer to it as washing! Looking on how this is done

Ignore me for now listen to Glen. Build post pictures as questions arise and get feedback then proceed.

Hiya,

Reshaping the parts in hot water should only be used if there is a specific part where you need to adjust the shape. Most armour is made to the right shape in the first place so won’t require a hot water bath. If you find a specific area that isn’t quite fitting you correctly, post it up and we’ll advise ref hot water bath, if required. :-)

• Like 2

Yes that right forearm is quite oval and yeah it could use some re-shaping. The bicep seems it could use a bit as well, but it does seem to be a bit tight fitting. Unless you have more space on the other side of it, it difficult to tell without being able to see both sides.

Ok I have the arms complete in terms of fitting and strips. Next is my effort on the calves. Can I get any advise on where the should fit or align. I need to trim some from the length at the bottom, but want to make sure I don’t cut too much off... where should they align at the top and bottom. Thanks

Yeah boots are important when fitting the shins, I thought I would need to trim them down, but with the boots they fit just fine. So far as ordering boots go they are done in runs and I'm not sure if there are any going right now though. Now for options I know there is Imperial Boots and I don't think TKBoots are doing them anymore, but they may have some stock left. Check the CRL's on them. I know that a painted Chelsea boot can be used.