New TK Anovos Build - 1st time build

shootstraight

I think I got what you are saying. I just need to cut the outer forearm as shown. Also see how it is shaped like a football and. Or round. This is what I ask about reshaping

ced2c943e04d6832427be4222dd0c6ec.jpg&key=97c0b64d5cbd081e80f0d85e970aa5b49216af38b3133738a8c7b1d12b3f6aa7

2292a761f773bdf77516592f8db8ef65.jpg&key=b181bc32f8476eaf82ce71c52875af7e719a4d69a3fffb631e40816f818c5836

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, this is what you want to do.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Looks good, but the bicep will set lower once you start strapping so keep that in mind. If you look at my right bicep that is about where it should be setting from what I understand. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong though. Basically the inside dip of the bicep should be sitting about even with the bottom of the shoulder bell.b3759e01c1d09835fc87ed73711e1e0e.jpg

Oh also Rat, should I trim the bottom of the bicep to align with the shoulder bell per your advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cover strip should be slightly shorter by 2 or 3mm to keep from snagging or poking. You shouldn't have to trim it. The bicep should be sitting just above your elbow. If you look at the photo I put up you'll see my bicep sits just above the top of mine. But every trooper is different, I would suggest lining them up and taping them to be sure of a proper fit to you.

Hi Ryan,

Just a little tip. It’s always recommended to do your test fitting with your undersuit on. Also, a finger’s width around the majority of parts can be helpful to allow movement (if possible). :-)

• Like 2

Looking good, nice work :duim:

The minor gap between the cover strip and armor is ok so long as the strength is there. You don't want this popping loose. Other than that make sure the covcer strips don't extend past the armors edge. 

The bicep with the 14 sticker could stand to be reshaped.

Yeah the cover strips should be slightly shorter then the pieces. So far as the reshaping I'm not sure, but it does appear to be excessively oblonged, but I'll let Tony clarify that.

Do you have some pictures showing the gap? The amount of gap would determine the solution. However with regards to the length you could Dremel them down, but it would be risky. Like I said the size of the gap will greatly determine the best way of dealing with it.

I see what you mean now. Like I said you could Dremel them, but there's a lot of risk with that. You could, depending on what glue you're using, just pull it up a bit and trim it. Another possibility is to use a exacto blade and trim them as they are just be careful and don't so slowly. If you're more comfortable with pulling them completely and regluing them after cleaning them up of any old glue.