New TK Anovos Build - 1st time build

shootstraight

Wanted to share my progress with my build. I have finally did the initial trim of all the armor pieces. One exception is that Anovos is to be sending me a replacement piece for the buttocks. It was scuffed through the plastic covering. In any event, ready for next phase of the build.

Any advise where to start next? Should I sand the edges to smooth out or start with a specific section for fitting? I have some issues with thighs being too tight and need to address this further to ensure I am a fit for the kit...

e2f96bd611181ca29e163cc120840d2f.jpg

Before trim

eb8b24199cc7f3334ff0e7ef40752926.jpg

After trim

3a892debc044121ff22f0d848b5d447f.jpg

Feedback and advise welcomed! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats on your BBB day! So now that you have it trimmed out, is it a rough trim or have you already done test fittings?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

It is a rough trim, should I sand or start to fit? Which pieces should I start with? I am still needing to wait on finding of wider strips for my thigh pieces as they are a little snug. I need to find who can provide these. Please advise. Thanks

I’ll be honest, I’ve done little sanding after my rough cuts and even after flying my forearms and biceps together as the cover strips do just that. Any rough edges, I’ll hit now that the flying on those is done. That’s just me though and I’m sure there are a million ways to do it.

It is important though  just to make sure you sand areas that will catch when you move, sharp edges can leave some nasty armor bites ;) .

But you are correct, there are always different ways to assemble armor and when ever you think you've seen it all, someone comes up with something new.

Keep up the good work :D 

• Like 1

Hello Ryan, I found your build page.   Now I can see your progress and follow.     I hope you didn't trim too much on the thighs.   We need to leave a lot of plastic meat on the back.   

Started right upper arm and before I sand rough edges and glue strips can anyone advise if anything needs changed. How does the length look and does it need to be shorter or more cut from the top to be higher from my elbow.... can I not but up edges to get a little more room. I am not sure if I should have or room or not. thanks

f3d8e6cb0ebbe64dc6fa19736c48c70d.jpg

0f2947a1d65eafcfb3eca7a70687f539.jpg

8818020490d70022050f916e73c89cfd.jpg

f6d12c2e6420fb500e5c21178c814b9f.jpg

c55318815f04add03cabf6732f815bdc.jpg

Hey Ryan

Arms look good, however always try to have your undersuit on when sizing your armor, especially if you are new to this:)

Return edges are optional with one exception and that is there cannot be any on the wrist end of forearms for Centurion, but it`s always a good idea to remove those for Comfort, on the forearms that is, everywere else it`s up to you, leaving some gives an illusion of thickness and heft to the armor so try to keep atleast some unless it`s in conflict with comfort/mobility. As for sizing your forearms, put your undersuit/shirt on and put the biceps on and then the forearms, hold the biceps up over the elbow joint and then try and tap yourself on the top of the head, you might have to be creative with the angels but a good rule of thumb is to be able to put on/remove the helmet on your own - if you have a helmet to try this with even better. If you need to shorten the forearms do so at the wrists but show us how it looks before you do it:salute:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

Ok, how about this, I narrowed the wrist area and trimmed down for the strips. What I need some advise on is to whether trim the upper outer forearm completely around or round it of on the section that is circled in black. Also should I trim out more on the inner forearm, more of a “U” shape to allow more bend in my arm. I can put on a hat.

Does all three pieces look to be properly spaced and aligned where they should be from top to bottom?

Lastly, how can I shape the forearm to be more round then oval? Can I use a heat gun very lightly to bend the shape a bit?

A lot of question but want to make sure it is right! Thanks for any advise

89a02ba7511821263494704b87bc1e38.jpg

758e2f32f1568198b1a79031b524cad2.jpg

6c9654cfddc1843f65582b9a7047d466.jpg

d88fb58225184122bf0c1f9e420db7ba.jpg

So the big thing I'll make note of here is that you've aligned the forearm at the wrist, you should be going from the elbow. I did the same and had to adjust it later.

So it looks like you've aligned the forearm from the wrist side. When you do that it tends to have what you see with the elbow end. You want to align it from the elbow and trim the wrist end. Spacing wise that is mostly from outside of the arm and not the inside. You want it to heavenly spaced or close to it on each limb.

Now as for shaping boiling water or heat gun will work. Boiling water no more than 30 seconds fully submerged and shape, then run under cold water to set the shape. Heat gun you want to be careful with it as it can quickly warp.

I suggest if going to use a heat gun you practice on some scraps first, plastic can go from hard to molten mess within the blink of an eye ;) .

• Like 1

Some armor those pieces are oval, some are round, just depends how it fits your arms, mine I wanted them both to look the same so I gently heated both sides and push down on them and they became a little more round.

Correct, align the back of the forearms and cut off the excess at the wrist, for higher level approval they need to have any return edge removed anyway at the wrist ;) 

• Like 1