First Order TKs - What's the Difference?

So you've decided you want to be a First Order Stormtrooper.  Congratulations and welcome!

But did you know that there are four types of First Order TKs?  We have The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, The Last Jedi Executioner, and Captain Phasma.  Can't tell the difference between all that white armor?  Don't worry- here's a spreadsheet of all the similarities and differences between them!  Now all you have to decide is which version you like best.  

Details for Basic Approval, Expert Infantryman, and Centurion are all included.  

First Order TKs - What's the Difference?

If you have any questions or would like further clarification, please feel free to contact me.  Whitearmor is also here to help, so ask early and often!

Interested in Original Trilogy Stormtroopers?  See this post for differences between Original Trilogy TKs

Edited by sharkbait
  • Like 1

Just a side note, make sure you check out the requirements for EIB and Centurion from the get go if wish to apply for those as there are some extra differences at the higher levels ;) 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 5:45 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Just a side note, make sure you check out the requirements for EIB and Centurion from the get go if wish to apply for those as there are some extra differences at the higher levels ;) 

Much agreed!  So much easier to do it EIB or Centurion from the start then retroactively do things.  

• Like 1

I have found that just following the great build threads here like @ukswrath step by step from the beginning is not only much easier but Centurian level from the start is the easiest even if you are just going for basic.

It honestly doesn't take any more effort.

UPDATE!  These are now in PDF formats!  Also, TLJ Captain Phasma has been updated per the semi-recent update to the CRL.

If anyone has any issues with viewing, or notices a mistake, please contact me and let me know!  I'm happy to help and want to make sure this is as accurate as possible per the current CRLs.  

• 2 months later...

I have a question.  I have asked this in another forum.  I am asking around and I know much of this depends on the GML when it comes to approvals ( I am inquiring with local GML as well ) but,  In regards to TFA and TLJ ( FOTK )at basic level approval.  It looks like per the CRLs that the only difference at basic is the helmet.  Is this correct?  If so, could one possibly be approved as TFA at basic with some TLJ parts and TFA helmet?  For example....TLJ cod with TFA helmet. 

4 hours ago, BlackFrown72 said:

I have a question.  I have asked this in another forum.  I am asking around and I know much of this depends on the GML when it comes to approvals ( I am inquiring with local GML as well ) but,  In regards to TFA and TLJ ( FOTK )at basic level approval.  It looks like per the CRLs that the only difference at basic is the helmet.  Is this correct?  If so, could one possibly be approved as TFA at basic with some TLJ parts and TFA helmet?  For example....TLJ cod with TFA helmet. 

Currently the CRL's are pretty much the same TLJ at this stage and can be approved with a TFA cod although higher levels require a TLJ style, can a TLJ cod be worn with a TFA kit?, I'd suggest most GML's wouldn't notice but yes check with your GML. There are a few other differences not in the CRL's, forearms are slightly different, also there is a small grey circle (believed to be a screw) on the forearm rail, also spats are a slightly different shape, also mention of helmet greebles being a little different but I've not seen references of those. 

TFA and TLJ CRL's will be going through some discussions and updates in the not too distant future so I would suggest either checking back on the forums for those discussions and keep an eye on the CRL's for those updates.

Ok so here is my dilemma. I ordered an Anovos FOTK. It has shipped and will be in my possession this Friday.  Based on pics from Anovos and another recipient of this kit, it appears to be TLJ.  My helmet which I already have, is TFA. So now I'm worried that I'll have to either buy a new TLJ helmet and try for TLJ approval or modify or source new parts to get approved as TFA.  I was really hoping to be able to get approved in this kit at least at basic with my current helmet. Sounds like though, if the CRLs are going through updates, I may end up having to just buy a new helmet and shoot for TLJ approval. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2019 at 6:35 PM, BlackFrown72 said:

Ok so here is my dilemma. I ordered an Anovos FOTK. It has shipped and will be in my possession this Friday.  Based on pics from Anovos and another recipient of this kit, it appears to be TLJ.  My helmet which I already have, is TFA. So now I'm worried that I'll have to either buy a new TLJ helmet and try for TLJ approval or modify or source new parts to get approved as TFA.  I was really hoping to be able to get approved in this kit at least at basic with my current helmet. Sounds like though, if the CRLs are going through updates, I may end up having to just buy a new helmet and shoot for TLJ approval. 

The armor itself is the same between TFA and TLJ- it's the extra paint, details and accessories (and helmet) that make it TLJ (or TLJ executioner).  

Edited by sharkbait

4 hours ago, sharkbait said:

The armor itself is the same between TFA and TLJ- it's the extra paint, details and accessories (and helmet) that make it TLJ (or TLJ executioner).  

Actually the cod is different TFA to TLJ and also the forearms are different on the inner ends, although these are not presently in the CRL's but that could change in the next round of CRL discussions

31 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Actually the cod is different TFA to TLJ and also the forearms are different on the inner ends, although these are not presently in the CRL's but that could change in the next round of CRL discussions

That would be why I didn't catch it when I reviewed my spreadsheet... Good to know!  I do vaguely recall a discussion about the cods, now that I think about it. 

• Like 1