BigCara's ANH TK AP Build

BigCara

Hi Mark,

Frown looks good. :-)

The shape of the vocoder is okay and should pass fine. If you wanted to, you could extend the 2nd and 6th bars as many Stunt helmets had that look;

52895d1a2d6cb2c916bb4242cef0d6dd.jpg

b94b0267d84f34cd8bb1f16a2fbcd25b.jpg

54c9018e994b6d6cbc5dff000b0991d1.jpg

Regarding the neck opening, you should easily be able to trim to the pencil line you have. If you have additional shots of your helmet (ideally from a few feet back), we can see whether you could trim any neck opening around the back, if required. :-)

829c50ef0ee2651154783ed2e3e8fc07.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Ok I’m back after a small hiatus, decided to start working on the legs.

Just wanted some advice before I start trimming, my thighs are not small so I don’t feel I can really get away with trimming anything near the cover strips. The mid thigh is pretty tight.

Front
715c1605d01bd05670a92ea30bb6a28d.jpg

Back
4e50c7d0e11fc9695cb83b275d707d90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also base of the thighs flares out a lot, does this somehow need to be tapered?

be041c119dce8dee0e41e750ad33586f.jpg

953eaf7f94c5ff20bb96bdbbc3c8fd92.jpg

Also does the alignment at the base look ok? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get it right

• Like 1

Hi

I have a few suggestions to make but I’m on my phone and need my PC to draw up some pics to help show what I mean. I’ll do that when I get home from work, unless someone else gives the same advise in the meantime. The way I see it you can trim more in the front in order to get the coverstrips closer to the 20mm mark (it would help to know how much of the flat area you have right now) by having a gap in the rear and by trimming the thighs with a taper. I’ll also show how to alligne the thighs at the bottom. Unless someone beats me too it:salute:

• Like 1

At this point it looks like you have a rather large opening at the bottom, Mark, as well as a lot of extra on the ridges.  The bottoms should fit a bit more snug, but not be tight by any means.  Reducing the ridges on each side will allow you to do this, but do it in small increments so you will not remove TOO much.

NMXDEcY.jpg?2       zsFxZ90.jpg?1         QxJF6XV.jpg?1  g3H1iXt.jpg?1

• Like 1

It would really help if you could have a "before" pic like the one below, but without the black background, as it really doesn't show how they look at the bottoms when wearing them. 

XjdTGXn.jpg?1

It would really help if you could have a "before" pic like the one below, but without the black background, as it really doesn't show how they look at the bottoms when wearing them. 

XjdTGXn.jpg?1&key=fc52d5c5c417a7ffa3446fb30343c20d3401cfadfe280ae44299494764a49609

I’ll get another photo tomorrow, I blame the Missus for the shadows, just don’t tell her that

• Like 2

XjdTGXn.jpg?1&key=fc52d5c5c417a7ffa3446fb30343c20d3401cfadfe280ae44299494764a49609

Lol he *is* wearing them

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tarok said:

Lol he *is* wearing them

Yes, but it's hard to tell how they fit because of the black under-suit/black background.

• Like 2

Yes, but it's hard to tell how they fit because of the black under-suit/black background.

I know, just teasing.

Mark,

It looks like you could probably remove some more of the return edge at the top of the thigh. It can probably also taper a bit more to the knee (unless your thighs are really muscular and it literally cannot fit).

I’d offer to pop around and have a gander this weekend but I’ve got #dancedad duties and prop work to do. Unless you want to pop around to me on Sunday?

Alternatively, if you can wait that long (and I realise we want to maintain momentum while you’ve got your mojo back), we can make the trims and glue them next week at the AP.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tarok said:

I know, just teasing.
It looks like you could probably remove some more of the return edge at the top of the thigh. It can probably also taper a bit more to the knee (unless your thighs are really muscular and it literally cannot fit).

I know, Rudi, and EXCELLENT advice! The tops of the thighs seem to be not too far out of line, but again, some pics without the black background will be more helpful.  The bottoms seem to be the concern at this point, as they look way too wide.  Once new pics are posted we can give some more precise guidance.

• Like 2

Thanks all for the comments, quads are pretty tight and whilst I'd like to taper i dont know if there is physically the space to do it. I was going to take more off the top once i had sorted out the diameter of the thighs.

Was hoping to be a bit more progressed before the armour party but guess I could wait on the thighs, and start on the calves instead.p

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The quads don't look that far out, Mark.  It's the bottoms of the thighs that look a bit askew.  When you post the photos (without the black background) we can better assess the situation and give you some more precise advise!

• Like 2

4146406569affcebd9d49c510baadb20.jpg

This may be a better background, trimming the top return edge may allow me to move it up higher.

Only really enough space for 1-2 fingers between armour and top of thigh

• Like 1

Defo remove the return edge at the top. Length wise they look good, and you shouldn’t need to shorten.

1-2 fingers spacing is good.

Are they tight mid-thigh?

Calves are measured up there is an overlap of about 12mm on each leg, so that will allow me to trim enough to get the 20mm cover strip positioned well.

3729b67d784948a46344883bcf0f4d01.jpg

deab8fda79a837bef77daad01e6219fe.jpg

Going to save thighs to the armour party as may be able to taper back of thigh to narrow near knee.

• Like 2

With your thighs, make sure the bottoms align not the tops. The tops can be hidden with the cover strip and the top of the cover drop can be trimmed at an angle if needed.
As per your thigh image you have aligned them at the tops. Trust me it will work fine :)

• Like 1