BigCara's ANH TK AP Build

BigCara

Yeah you'll need to tidy up the buttons.  Ideally they're not completely painted and show some white on the button itself.

Edited by Digz Graavz
fix image link

3 hours ago, Digz Graavz said:

Yeah you'll need to tidy up the buttons.  Ideally they're not completely painted and show some white on the button itself.

Bugger, had done most of the tops of the buttons, and then extended my painting to include the white edges

That or you can use crafting swabs (Soft fine tip) and mineral spirits 

Thanks, I assume that is mineral turpentine here in Australia. Doesn't damage the abs?

I've also painted an off cut to see how it goes with the turps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BigCara said:

Thanks, I assume that is mineral turpentine here in Australia. Doesn't damage the abs?

I've also painted an off cut to see how it goes with the turps.

Correct. Aggressively test on a piece of scrap before trying on important sections.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:07 AM, BigCara said:

Just checking these are the right ones for centurion, as I bought the last ones in the shop, the black one is the one provided by AP which is not pan head.

They are only 3/8" but just fit

Just let me know before I paint them please.

10469963b8bda62b1566ecd1c3e43776.jpg

what's the head size in mms please

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 9:53 PM, phil said:

what's the head size in mms please

The unpainted one (pan-head) on the right is correct and 100% approvable at Centurion level.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

After a pause for over 2 months I’m back. So hopefully I can make a dint in the build. Tidied up the buttons today? Passable?

df713d2e031e23206b16953a20836cbd.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome back, Mark!  Those should be fine, and it was wise to post up a photo before gluing them but it would help to have a pic of how they look on the raised plates of the ab.  You did a great job making sure the corners are square instead of round, but note that ideally the edges of both should stay inside those raised areas, preferably with a slight space around them.

Keep up the great work and keep those photos coming!

HM9Xjtr.jpg

• Like 2

They look good mark. If I was to suggest anything, you could still trim/sand a little off the smaller Ab plate just to make sure it all resides withing the boundary of the top of the raised ab section it mounts to.

• Like 1

They look good mark. If I was to suggest anything, you could still trim/sand a little off the smaller Ab plate just to make sure it all resides withing the boundary of the top of the raised ab section it mounts to.

Thanks, will give that a go, but only have about 1mm to play with as edge of top button is pretty close

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So here you are Mark. It is more active here than on the KFG forum, though you will get feedback there as well, it won't be from as diverse a bunch.

The build is progressing well, glad you're going for Centurion from the get go.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After getting some tips at this weeks armour party, put bucket together then pulled apart to plastidip inside.

Taped everything up and ready for first coat.
fa085f53f807e4d5d4c39fe96ec0bea2.jpg

• Like 1

7 coats later and I may remove the tape and putty tomorrow to see how it looks.

Found a good tip on YouTube for spaying plastidip. Shake the can for 5+ mins and put the can in a bowl of warm tap water (not boiling water) for 5-7 mins. It then sprays as a fine mist giving an awesome finish. Learnt this after the first blotchy coat.

a9643e9cf7f2cb6cb263128f5a30145c.jpg

• Like 3