BigCara's ANH TK AP Build

BigCara

G'Day All,

I've finally decided what I'm doing and have ordered an ANH TK from AP. I'm hoping to try build to Centurion level, though unsure as this is my first build.

Here's where I'm at after some research:

Armor : Authentic Props received
Boots : Imperial Boots received
Balaclava: Imperial Boots received
Strapping: Imperial Boots received
Soft Hand Guards : Authentic Props received
TD Clips : Authentic Props received
Holster : Authentic Props received
Neck Seal : Darman Props - received
Gloves : Authentic Props received
E-11 Blaster : TDK Props - received

Fans: Still researching

S-Trim : Trooperbay - received

Lenses: Trooperbay - received
Undersuit : received
Comms: Still researching

Happy for suggestions on alternatives, or let me know if I've missed anything.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by BigCara
updated

Welcome Mark. So far that all looks good. Remember never be afraid to ask questions.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking forward to the progress.

You can get two piece compression clothing, works well for me, cool in summer and easy to find at most gym retailers.

Comms I use a 1506 Aker amp from eBay and an icomm static burst unit available in the for sale section or web search icomm.

Good luck with the build.

• Like 2

Don't you worry Big!  You can get to centurion!  

Important things to note:

Take lots of pictures! Ask lots of questions!  There is no such thing as a stupid question even if it has been posted and discussed many times.

• Like 1

Hi Mark.  My first build was an AP kit - my second build was an AP kit - what I'm trying to say is that you will be very happy with your kit.  :)  For the most part, it goes together fairly easy.  AP has put together a very nice and inclusive kit.  The only things I didn't see on your list were S-Trim, fans, and a darker lens for your bucket.  I got all this stuff from Trooperbay.  Mark provides a lens - which is screen accurate - but it is too transparent in person and allows people to see your eyes.  He also provides split rivets and some other screws and snaps for any visible hardware. 

As already mentioned, post lots of pics and ask any and all questions.  Check out the Centurion applications and other builds.  There are a number of AP builds to refer to, but there are also some very well documented builds for other kits that will provide you with necessary info - see ukswrath's Anovos build or his AM 1.0 build - those two builds helped me a lot.

Good luck on your build! 

• Like 1

Time to start checking whats in the box and familiarizing self with all the parts.

I pre-printed some labels from a few screen shots of an Anovos instruction manual and went to work attaching the labels to each individual part so I would know what was what when it was time to assemble.

Time to start in the triming as it looks like there is going to be lots of off-cuts. Thankfully the helmet was pretrimmed, feels a lot smaller than my efx one.

Any suggestions as to what I should assemble first after trimming, something easy to build my confidence, or straight into helmet and sniper knee?

TK Parts.jpg

I was onto trimming the forearms and biceps and each of the corresponding pieces are identical, fit perfectly inside each other, with landmarks and markings all on the same side (ie they don't mirror each other), difficult to see in some of the photos but easiest to pick up on the inside biceps with tapering both on the right side and thumb prints on the left.

When I look at the leg pieces there are clearly opposing pieces for upper and lower legs, but not for the arms, just wanted to check before I start trimming that I haven't got 2 left arms.

Upper arm2.jpg

forarm1.jpg

forearm2.jpg

Edited by BigCara

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty lucky first cut.

21adba052d2e32b726ec196bf4921964.jpg&key=e359deb6dc01dc5ba87971215438e81d07afa27d895562c3e595bfe0eb8bbf95

I taped off the detonator tube where the caps and wrap were meant to go, of course a bit of dust stuck to the paint as there was a wind gust as I left the shed. But it seems to only be on the underside out of view.

719894c7324f996d8586caa9b7511597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just checking these are the right ones for centurion, as I bought the last ones in the shop, the black one is the one provided by AP which is not pan head.

They are only 3/8" but just fit

Just let me know before I paint them please.

10469963b8bda62b1566ecd1c3e43776.jpg

The one on the right is the correct type, Mark.  Before painting, I suggest roughing up the tops with some fine grit sandpaper and then cleaning them well.  This will help with adhesion

• Like 1

The one on the right is the correct type, Mark.  Before painting, I suggest roughing up the tops with some fine grit sandpaper and then cleaning them well.  This will help with adhesion

Thanks for confirming

My pleasure, sir.  You are doing exactly as I always suggest, which is to post up photos when you have a question before moving forward.  Feel free to ask as many as you like (no matter how small), and keep the photos coming.. we are here to help!

• Like 1