Bubble lenses, are they worth the effort ?

TS280

I wasn't quite sure where to post this since I'm really just looking for input / a general consensus.  I'm looking into making some bubble lenses for a couple buckets I have lying around, but I was curious what if any demand is there for bubbles.  I'm most likely going to make molds for myself and some friends anyway, but I wasn't sure if that is something the community has a need for ? 

For accuracy Hero helmets have the bubble lenses, I troop with mine quite a lot but they are a lot harder to see out of and can become annoying if worn for long periods.

Occasionally there are runs of bubble lenses but I haven't seen one for some time ;) 

As Glen says unless you're doing a Hero or ROTJ  (or possibly a TIE) then bubble lenses aren't what you want.  I am aware of people making them in the UK.  Burkbench designs (former owner of Imperial Supply Depot) does some, and I would also assume that TM and CFO do them for their ROTJ kits.

There used to be a tutorial somewhere too in how to make them yourself, but it seems gone.  Someone may care to replicate it - basically you boil plastic and use your (gloved) thumb to make an impression, though I heard people using spoons too.