Bucketheads: A Stormtrooper Story (Fan Film)

Atin

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to sharea fan film I've been working on for almost a year now with my fellow TKs from the Outer Rim Garrison. Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: We just released a trailer for a follow-up series that we'll hopefully be able to film later this year!

Edited by Atin
  • Like 7

I love this because in the film it is shown a stormtrooper getting hit but HIS ARMOR PROTECTED HIM!!

Oh gee what a novel idea we have never seen in SW !!

ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE GOT IT RIGHT!!!

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad you're liking it! The film will be premiering on YouTube in one week. We've released a final trailer in the meantime:

On 11/18/2018 at 4:53 PM, ABS80 said:

Cool and the main actors are wearing AP (Authenticprops) trooper armors :)

Mark (AP)

Luckily the main actor was my exact height and fit my own AP kit perfectly. Most of the featured TKs wore APs actually. Some ATAs are in there as well.

• Like 2

Great story line and character development you have going. Keep it up!

Question on the helmets being put on. I noticed everyone's very precise about placing it on, at an off-angle and then twisting it forward. You can even hear a sound effect as though a seal lock and internal pressure is established. Is the twist a bit of creative license? I've read just about every book in the Star Wars Universe, many about Stormtroopers and have yet to come upon that approach. Definitely a nice touch.

10 hours ago, Linus said:

Great story line and character development you have going. Keep it up!

Question on the helmets being put on. I noticed everyone's very precise about placing it on, at an off-angle and then twisting it forward. You can even hear a sound effect as though a seal lock and internal pressure is established. Is the twist a bit of creative license? I've read just about every book in the Star Wars Universe, many about Stormtroopers and have yet to come upon that approach. Definitely a nice touch.

Thanks! It's really the only way to put on the bucket, and the idea of a pressure seal appealed to us, so our sound designer came up with this sound. He worked on Battlefront II so I guess you could say it's canon now? :D

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, Bud Spaklur said:

You did a great job on this. How long from start to finish did it take you to make this, a year and a half, more or less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! We wrote the script back in February 2017. Then went to camera in September that same year after scraping the funds together and organizing all the people and parts that are needed to make a film. We filmed for 4 days initially, came back for a day of reshoots a couple of weeks later and eventually added the opening scene inside that spaceship in March 2018. The next 6 months were spent on creating the visual effects, which was almost exclusively done by my fellow garrison member SL-38405. The film was officially finished in June 2018 but we kept working on little improvements until the week before the online release.

Edited by Atin

Production values all around are superb. This is easily network quality material and it all falls to place - yes the effects (which were amazing) are there but so too is the direction, music, camera work, editing,  You guys should be justifiably proud of this achievement.  Nice 501st on the detonator!  I'm sure I missed a few other Easter eggs.  The story was well written too. I've done some interesting things in my old FX kit, but the athletics in the suits were cool to see as well.  Not sure I'd do that in my current armor ;-)

The closing credits were - beyond good - they were exceptional.

I've seen a lot of fan films, but nothing this good.  I hope you received a lot of rewards/recognition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Production values all around are superb. This is easily network quality material and it all falls to place - yes the effects (which were amazing) are there but so too is the direction, music, camera work, editing,  You guys should be justifiably proud of this achievement.  Nice 501st on the detonator!  I'm sure I missed a few other Easter eggs.  The story was well written too. I've done some interesting things in my old FX kit, but the athletics in the suits were cool to see as well.  Not sure I'd do that in my current armor ;-)

The closing credits were - beyond good - they were exceptional.

I've seen a lot of fan films, but nothing this good.  I hope you received a lot of rewards/recognition.

Thanks Daetrin! That means a lot coming from you!

We did build a specific stunt suit out of B grade pieces for those crazy antics. I would never ask anybody to do that to their actual kit haha.

Edited by Atin