Am in need of help

Hello everyone I have been on a mission for 4 months and have been ripped off three times with trooper kits that don’t fit and the maker said was 501st approved I’ve spent a lot of money and am now in a depressed rut. My 4 year old son is the n love with Star Wars just like myself and he has his Darth Vader suit ready for Halloween this year he also wants to visit sick children at the hospitals in his suit to cheer kids up its very touching that. 4 year old understands this, he has been seeing me work on the suits i have purchased  and they are rip offs parts not lining up or too small. I’ve seen the Anovos kits and I also see the expensive price. If anyone has a kit assembled or not assembled and would be willing to sell and help me out I would most defidenrly be grateful. 

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having troubles. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t an overly cheap hobby, and there isn’t such a thing as a 501st approved kit. Even the best kits on the market need to be carefully built and fitted to the wearer to achieve 501st clearance. Certain kits are also better for different body shapes. Ie, some kits are better suited for larger troopers, taller troopers etc. 

I’d suggest having a look at this link for vetted sellers. These cover many different price points;

To give you an idea of what’s involved and which armour types might suit you best, I’d suggest checking out the build threads: 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Some amour makers will offer to make the armour for you for an additional cost. Even those built for you will need to be cleared by your local garrison. 

Have you signed up to your local garrison yet? That would be a great place to start your journey. Between your garrison and the FISD, I’m sure we’ll get you the information you need. 

Best wishes

Dan

18 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having troubles. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t an overly cheap hobby, and there isn’t such a thing as a 501st approved kit. Even the best kits on the market need to be carefully built and fitted to the wearer to achieve 501st clearance. Certain kits are also better for different body shapes. Ie, some kits are better suited for larger troopers, taller troopers etc. 

I’d suggest having a look at this link for vetted sellers. These cover many different price points;

To give you an idea of what’s involved and which armour types might suit you best, I’d suggest checking out the build threads: 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Some amour makers will offer to make the armour for you for an additional cost. Even those built for you will need to be cleared by your local garrison. 

Have you signed up to your local garrison yet? That would be a great place to start your journey. Between your garrison and the FISD, I’m sure we’ll get you the information you need. 

Best wishes

Dan

How do I find out my local garrison? I’m sorry I’m a noob 

Hi Adam,  I'm Tom.

the easiest way to find out what your local garrison is and how to get in touch with them is to go on. 501st.com .

There it will give you a run down of the different garrisons and which locations they cover. For instance. 

I'm in Maryland USA. So my local garrison is the Old Line Garrison.  You would do real well to contact your local garrison,  they might even have someone that could volunteer to help you with purchasing and building your armor. It would more than likely be someone with a good deal of experience also.

Good luck,  Tom

List of all garrisons and squads can be found here https://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php