Anovos TK Centurion Build

Next update, 

I had to try and put all the pieces together and see how it looked on. Of course, who can wait until each piece is perfect? 

Many things still that need to be taken care of. 

1. in some pictures the snipe knee plate is inside the thigh

2. Still need to patch the belt where the holster was put on the wrong side. 

3. I had the thermal detonator on the kidney plate instead of the belt. 

4. The back velcro pieces of the calves need some work

5. I didn't have the back piece strapped down to the kidney piece. (Didn't realize i didn't have the straps ready until most of the armor was on)

6. The belt wasn't snapped on so looks a little high. 

7. The protective film is still on most pieces. 

8. There are definitely some sharp parts of the armor that need some work. Especially the bicep area and the upper thighs. Any suggestions on easing these sharp areas would be appreciated. I'm assuming just some sanding, maybe some mole skin in certain areas. 

Question: Anyone have suggestions on the shoulder bells? I fell like there is too much space between the shoulder bell and the chest piece. 

Picture of front of armor 

Rk0QfLD.jpg

shommnq.jpg

9jKQRH6.jpg

Back of the armor

QYBJCfX.jpg

Side view

bXCTx8u.jpg

Your belt height looks fine in the front, just high in the back. I think you're on the right track and you've identified most of the things that still require some tweaks. Your forearms look very close to your biceps - just be sure that you can move around okay.

Regading your shoulder bells, yes, ideally they should sit closer to the shoulder bridges and the chest plate. In most cases, this just needs a shorter strap. You may also need some or all of the return edge from the bottom of the shoulder bells.

You should also fix the teeth paint so that it matches screen references. Right now the paint does not come out far enough to the top and bottom of the frown.

Thanks for the feedback. 

In terms of the forearms they are bit restrictive. Would you suggest trimming the forearms shorter? And if so, cutting from the wrist side rather than the elbow side? I don't have much room to raise the biceps. 

I will shorten up the straps to the shoulder bells and see if i need to remove the return edges to get them to drop correctly. 

Later, when i have some more confidence in the paint department I will work on the brow with the admiral grey . 

I would definitely remove all the return edges from the bottoms of the shoulder bells and move the tops closer to the shoulder bridge, Asjha.  As Luc mentioned, this will allow them to sit closer to the biceps and reduce that gap.   Note the lack of return edge in the screen used ones below.

Can you post a few close-up pics of the tops of your forearms?  This will help us get that restrictive issue figured out.

Reference images

**KhFvbXy.jpg?1  aztfHb8.jpg?1

In most cases, I wouldn't suggest shortening the forearms. If you ever did, you'd need to shorten from the wrist side, but because of the bumps, you'd need to trim a whole bump and that's a lot. I think just making the bicep-forearm strap a little longer will prevent them going into your biceps.

Thanks for the recommendations on both the forearm and the shoulder bell pieces.

I will make these changes on Saturday and post some updates.

1. I plan to extend the strap between the bicep and the forearm.

2. Shorten the strap between the shoulder bell and chest/back connection strap.

3. Remove the return edge on the shoulder bells.

I'll see what those adjustments do and then upload some pics.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello again, 

I took a little break from the stormtrooper armor. I was working on my Thor Ragnarok costume for san diego comic con. 

KshqDyR.jpg

But now back to the armor at hand. 

I have extended the link between the bicep piece and forearm. I am in the process of shortening the shoulder bell connection and got rid of the return edge on the shoulder bell. I patched the belt where I had put the holster on the wrong side. 

Couple quick questions as i continue to go forward:

1. I wore the costume for halloween and there was a lot of pinching on the back of the knee. I got rid of the return edge on the shin piece already. Are there any other suggestions for helping with the pinching? 

I have the anovos helmet that I still need to fix the paint on the grey teeth, but i am looking at the bottom gasket. It came with what looks like an 's' shape rather than a 'c' shape. It is still required to switch it out with this other one i got in my modification package? 

m2WiEDE.jpg

new one:

bBaSyiW.jpg

Thanks for the help. I am looking forward to getting back into this project. 

I took a break on this project for a while. Does anyone know if I can just revive this thread or if i should create a new thread to get more visibility? 

Thanks

Just keep going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back to your build thread
Looking forward to the latest update photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. 

Two of the questions above I am still looking for answers on if anyone knows. In the pics above i show the seal of the anovos helmet with the "s" shape, does it need to be switched out for the other, more rounded "s" shape one i got in a previous kit (I will be aiming for centurian level eventually)?

For the pinching in the back of knees when walking are there any good suggestions? I assume this has to do with fit and I am trying to figure out where to trim to space out the thigh from the shin piece a little bit. I got rid of the return edges and I plan to put the whole thing on this weekend and take some pictures to see where i still need some work.  

41 minutes ago, A-Game said:

Thanks everyone. 

Two of the questions above I am still looking for answers on if anyone knows. In the pics above i show the seal of the anovos helmet with the "s" shape, does it need to be switched out for the other, more rounded "s" shape one i got in a previous kit (I will be aiming for centurian level eventually)?

For the pinching in the back of knees when walking are there any good suggestions? I assume this has to do with fit and I am trying to figure out where to trim to space out the thigh from the shin piece a little bit. I got rid of the return edges and I plan to put the whole thing on this weekend and take some pictures to see where i still need some work.  

I think as long as the trim is "s" shaped you should be ok for upper level approval - hopefully a DO can chime in.

As for the back of the legs - you can remove some of the return edge on both the shins and thighs.  However, based on the pictures above, you leg pieces look a little long for you - you may need to trim a bit off the bottom of the shins or the top of the thighs.  If you do trim the top of your thighs, be sure to double check that they can be pulled up further - a lot of people size their thighs too small to pull up (I should know, I've done it twice). 

Good luck!  Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, A-Game said:

In the pics above i show the seal of the anovos helmet with the "s" shape, does it need to be switched out for the other, more rounded "s" shape one i got in a previous kit (I will be aiming for centurian level eventually)?

Hi Asjha, my helmet is an Anovos too and as per the CRL states:  

• Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.

Your helmet seal is just right. this is mine:

nCsArmJME0NYR_q9ZzTCXkgYWrKURZE9kvnnoJwZ

and for your 2nd question, You can trim a little the high part of your thighs so you can get them up an release a bit your back knee section and the ther is  what I did : to trim a little the back of thighs in a "U" shape. little by little and testing for confort. i'm adding a couple of pictures of my armor.

J8rFMDMAU-QZuwRpqE6W7rjjsxmbp1By68cGi91Z a little trimming back knee

or trimming thighs a little by little. 

2bmxuczFmprOWXmqfdEft6XHqB2ldqITeX0iIQjc

hope this can help.  and remember, little by little.

cheers

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

• 2 weeks later...

1. Thanks for the replies and pictures of the armor and suggestions on how to get it fitting more correctly. I will work on the thigh pieces as they are up way too high in the back and the butt plate actually overlaps them as they are now. 

Jo0AY0c.jpg

I have a few issues that i could use some suggestions on. 

2. White elastic connection. The most pressing issue probably is the white elastic that connects the chest piece to the back piece. As you can see by the picture below it looks like the elastic has kind of given out and is now not holding everything tight as it used to. Do people use something besides white elastic for this connection? I also had attached my shoulder bell snap to this white elastic piece and now it seems like the shoulder bell is being allowed to hang lower than intended because of this slack and is pulling the white elastic off to the side. 

VwqA3VS.jpg

3. Shin velcro. I'm using the anovos setup with the velcro pieces to close the back of the shins. The problem is that the velcro is actually too strong and pulls the velcro off of the armor. I used e6000 to affix the velcro to the armor. Are there other adhesive recommendations to be stronger than the velcro? 

3r0EtJw.jpg

4. Forearm length. Below you can see the arm pieces together. I have tried extending the connection between the bicep and the forearm to make the forearm area more mobile. If i try to move it any further down to allow more movement in the elbow. I am thinking I am going to have to cut it down, but i've seen that it would have to be cut back a whole notch to do that. I'd like any opinions on the forearm to help with mobility. You can also see in this image the shoulder bell pulling the white elastic chest/back piece down. 

LPrBQnM.jpg 

Thank you for any help

Once i had put it together and wearable for the first time i was super stoked to have a set of armor. Now that I am coming back to it I see all the crazy amounts of work that still needs to be done. Encouraging with the help of everyone here, but of course still daunting.  

There are 2 things I would suggest, Asjha..

First is to tighten up the shoulder bridge/shoulder bell connection, which will bring it in closer and reduce the gap.

Second is to trim off the raised parts of the forearm.  You are probably finding that when you bend your arm that those raised edges (in blue) are poking into you, so evening them out would give you a nice gap without having to shorten the actual forearm and also make them more comfortable.  Note that many of the "scoops" (the curved part of the opening at the inside top) extended all the way to the edge of the cover strip.

TY7BsvK.jpg?1   Z435xRM.jpg   a7M4xCl.jpg