Anovos TK Centurion Build

Hello All, 

This will be my first build. Got my armor in recently after the long wait. Been lurking on here for a while trying to follow as many builds as possible. I thought i could use the strapping system that came with the Anovos armor, but the Velcro system didn't seem like it would be great. I am aiming for Centurion right from the beginning as I've read it is harder to change it later on. I am going with the Centurion build kit from Alay on here to help. I also ordered a zipper backed neck seal from Darman. 

I have cut the excess abs off the pieces. Next step will be figuring out the sizing for more accurate fitting so I'll definitely have questions. Going to remove forearm and shin return edges next before fitting on forearms. 

Thanks in advance. 

40012654_666509250400432_651708716768296960_n.thumb.jpg.cbd71db58bae9fdd01e4c8287309cdd7.jpg

40025386_1770753712994334_4531344596411613184_n.thumb.jpg.45914d7eeb13e07104cebf2d69b1416e.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one. Let the fun begin. :-)

Great to hear that you’re aiming for Centurion, and that you’ve been following other builds. Sounds like you’re on the right tracks.

Shout out of you have any Q’s and we’ll be happy to assist.

Best wishes
Dan :-)

Welcome to the true home of the shiny white! you have come to the right place, and will be trooping before you know it. If you have any questions at all please ask. As far as the strapping system, I suggest the double snap system. You can find a workup on it from @justjoseph63. anything comes up just let us know

Okay people, I have a few questions to start with. I removed the return edge on the forearms and sized them down so that I can just get my hand through the wrist side (taped fitting, haven't cut yet).

1. Is it recommended or encouraged to remove the return edge on the elbow side? Does this help with fitting and movement?

2. For the forearm, the way I understand it, we want to make sure the wrist side is the straight side. I looked at Uswraths' build and others and I am still confused on how tight the elbow side should be and how to get them straight. Does anyone have a specific reference on just the forearms to get them even and straight? I saw that there can be differences in the circumference of the two forearms as they are a bit asymmetrical from one another.

Thanks

1. Yes you can remove the return from the elbow if it is helpful for fitting.

2. Not sure what you mean by "Straight side"...can you post a photo or something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A-Game said:

Okay people, I have a few questions to start with. I removed the return edge on the forearms and sized them down so that I can just get my hand through the wrist side (taped fitting, haven't cut yet).

1. Is it recommended or encouraged to remove the return edge on the elbow side? Does this help with fitting and movement?

2. For the forearm, the way I understand it, we want to make sure the wrist side is the straight side. I looked at Uswraths' build and others and I am still confused on how tight the elbow side should be and how to get them straight. Does anyone have a specific reference on just the forearms to get them even and straight? I saw that there can be differences in the circumference of the two forearms as they are a bit asymmetrical from one another.

Thanks

Gonna need a little help from you here, what do you mean "straight side"

as far as return edges go, (and this goes for your entire build), the only return edge that has a REQUIREMENT is the wrist side of the forearm, it CAN NOT be there. Everything else will be determined by fitment and personal comfort. I took most my return edges off of everything but most of the torso parts and upper shins. One thing to think about please before you are done with the fitment of your wrist, remember or think about how your going to suit up:

1) are you going to put your gloves on before or after the arms?

2) how are you going to secure your hand plates, secure to the glove or worn with an elastic strap

if your going for Centurion, the latex hand plates must be secured directly to the glove, will you be able to fit that on after you get your forearms on, or do you want to put that on then slide the forearms over them, you will need to account for that with fitment. some have made theirs a little bigger to account for this, and place foam on the inside to keep them tight once the are one. you will have an elastic band the runs from the bicep to the forearm that will prevent it from rotation, so that's not an issue.

22 minutes ago, A-Game said:

For the forearm, the way I understand it, we want to make sure the wrist side is the straight side. I looked at Uswraths' build and others and I am still confused on how tight the elbow side should be and how to get them straight. Does anyone have a specific reference on just the forearms to get them even and straight? I saw that there can be differences in the circumference of the two forearms as they are a bit asymmetrical from one another.

Some people line up the wrists while others line up the tops of the forearms depending on the kit and your size (if that is what you mean).  If you are a taller trooper, I would recommend lining up the wrists and dealing with offset at the elbow end.  If you are shorter - line up the elbow end and trim one side of the wrists.  Don't worry too much about getting them the exact same size - they have to fit the arm they are on.  These parts are not symmetrical so the OCD can take a backseat every now and then ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick responses on the questions. 

Got some forearms made. I had to take them apart and adjust the circumference to get them matching better. I've seen the methods of hot water baths to get pieces more rounded. Does anyone know if the e6000 will hold up to the hot water bath or if i should try to be more surgical and avoid the e6000? 

I cut the return edges on the forearms on both sides for comfort. 

Currently got the biceps gluing. 

Next will be thighs and front of the shins ideally. 

https://imgur.com/0qKD8eN

https://imgur.com/94W5pDT

https://imgur.com/BwSB583

https://imgur.com/h1XsVam

https://imgur.com/7QmwtsC

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on the shin pieces and i am wondering if i need to redo them and cut more off each side to bring them closer together in front to reduce the edges showing or if they are fine. Let me know what you think.

Does anyone know where to find inner boxes for the belt drop boxes? I haven't been able to find any in the ongoing sales or anywhere else so far. 

Thanks for the help. 

sKZ5Mlv.jpg

IX13cqb.jpg

20 hours ago, A-Game said:

Does anyone know where to find inner boxes for the belt drop boxes? I haven't been able to find any in the ongoing sales or anywhere else so far. 

Kevin used to supply them https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/8638-for-sale-inner-drop-boxes/ or email kwdesigns2@verizon.net

The coverstrip strip should meet up against raised edge on limbs. Say you use accurate 20mm strip on shin you would mark each half 10mm and trim. 

How do they fit on you? If you have room I'd redo them. Also your dog ear notches look a bit big and uneven. Good advice is check out some approved Centurion threads and check out the gallery that has great photo's. 

Throw them on and post a few photo's for us. Maybe they need to be that wide and may need a bit wider strip then 20mm.

Keep us posted Future Trooper:duim:

Does anyone know where to find inner boxes for the belt drop boxes?

Didn’t you get any with your kit? I’m not at the belt stage yet, but I could have sworn I saw full drop boxes there.

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

The inner boxes did come with the belt, guess I am just blind.

I will trim down the fronts of the shins so the cover strip covers most the showing edge. I am hopeful that this will make the top (knee side) a little more even.

Thanks for the feedback, I will upload the fixed shins next.

Awaiting on delivery of new belt from imperialissue, boots from imperialboots (tk boots didn't have my size in stock and when asked about them they said they would be closing down the shop soon), strap kit and rivets from Alay's centurion build in a box.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the progress, pictures allows up to give you feedback keep on posting ;) 

Alright everyone, been working on everything, but slacking on posting. Here is what i have done so far illustrated in the next pics. 

Assembled the belt (one of the most stressful parts so far) - connecting holster, ammo belt, female snaps to attach to ab, built drop boxes and attached. 

Connected the ab and kidney pieces with the split rivets. 

Connected the ab cod piece to the posterior with the single rivet and the dual connections on the posterior piece. 

Attached the ammo belt to the thigh with the rivets

Attached the male snap buttons to the ab to connect the belt

Added the two button panels to the abs and painted (the painting doesn't look great)

Attached the sniper knee plate (little tricky to get it wrapped to the sides of the shin piece. 

Painted a cheap blaster as a place holder until i get a more legit one. 

Questions:

Any suggestions on getting the buttons painted better? Not sure on outlining them in tape or trying to punch something out to mask it better. 

Does the snipe knee attachment look alright? I have it going along the line of the shin, but might need some more work. 

Does the connection between the ab and kidney need to be tighter? Not sure if I should try to make it tighter or if it is fine the way it is. 

Purchases: 

I got a dameron neck seal

Imperial boots showed up recently

Got the paint and gloves from trooperbay. 

Received my two piece undersuit

Got the new belt and built that up already. 

Next: 

Next is creating much of the strapping between the pieces. 

Also need to attach the rubber hand guards to the gloves

Below are the pictures of progress. Let me know about any suggestions or advice. Thanks everyone. 

shin fix

KijtrSl.jpg

sniper knee

HVksx5X.jpg

cxe4H9p.jpg

mDsoUqY.jpg

ZpO7BvT.jpg

Ab to Kidney

2Z5ssYD.jpg

Button Panel

VF1p8Tq.jpg

Thigh Ammo

6k1ojHn.jpg

LCfdcJV.jpg

Should Straps

5HyeVy2.jpg

Belt

REzIevv.jpg

i772UoC.jpg

VCJuTSF.jpg

5GxuqkJ.jpg

Temp Blaster

0dt1sFi.jpg

7 hours ago, A-Game said:

5GxuqkJ.jpg

I may be corrected (still learning and completing my own build)  ... but I think you have the holster on the wrong side ... 

From pics (sample below), the holster is sitting on the other end, so that it comes down your left side.

51 minutes ago, A-Game said:

Ha ha, awesome. Guess I got turned around on there somehow.

Any suggestions on patching those rivet holes in the belt? Or just need to buy a new belt and start again?

I know ukswrath's guide goes over removing Hero config of Anovos belt and patching it again. 

7 minutes ago, aghoneim said:

I know ukswrath's guide goes over removing Hero config of Anovos belt and patching it again. 

Thanks, I checked that out and it should be easy enough. I am curious if that kind of patch would be approved for level 2 or 3. Anyone know?

I am totally going to do that in the short term to move the holster to the other side, but it would be good to get clarification on if i'd need to do a full cloth replacement for higher levels in the future.

Thanks again for pointing me towards that.

1 hour ago, A-Game said:

Thanks, I checked that out and it should be easy enough. I am curious if that kind of patch would be approved for level 2 or 3. Anyone know?

I am totally going to do that in the short term to move the holster to the other side, but it would be good to get clarification on if i'd need to do a full cloth replacement for higher levels in the future.

Thanks again for pointing me towards that.

I'm not sure ... but ukswrath did that build to L3. So if you follow him, you should be good!

I've been following ukswrath's guide religiously as well as Ross Walmsley (for internal strapping). 

Good luck!