ATA ANH Stunt Build

What’s up everybody!! IG-19832 here reporting for duty! Today was BBB day for me! I was lucky enough to snag this ATA kit off a buddy of mine in the garrison, so I didn’t have to wait forever for it to actually arrive! Now that I have the armor, I’m at a stand still! I have absolutely no tools, I have like two sheets of sandpaper.... so I’ve got to figure out the tool situation and then I’ll be able to get started on the armor. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing!! I can work with fabric just fine (as I have basically only fabric 501 costumes so far) so this is my first armor build. I have no idea what to do with plastic. I’m terrified! But I’ve been scouring different builds on the forums and it’s seems just about as hard as I figured....... but I won’t let that get in my way!! Anyways, I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions, so any and all input will be greatly appreciated!! Other than that, I will post up whenever I get some more updates!

811dc948e9ea54261de8a9e9b9f50742.jpg

• Like 1

Look up justjosephs63’s “supply list for your tk build.....” thread.
It will get you pointed in the right direction as to what you need including tools and supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Look up justjosephs63’s “supply list for your tk build.....” thread.
It will get you pointed in the right direction as to what you need including tools and supplies.

I actually checked that out already! Gonna print out the spread sheet tomorrow make things easier on what I need!

Welcome aboard, Mr Spaceman.

Another great source of inspiration is the EIB and Centurion applications. Especially those with the same armor as yours.

Ask away with any questions and we’ll be happy to help. :-)

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 1

Alright well I decided I was going to do the helmet first, that way if I lose motivation I have a nice finished helmet to get me going again!!
So I painted the inside black, easy as pie (it’s all I can do right now)
24f04b58c571e52b75473033f5d2fa19.jpg
ba4fe5ead00a9e084d053341afb0621e.jpg

And I was wondering, how much should I trim off the helmet??
56012fa77885cd0c5bb2348de86b06f0.jpg

Should I just trim to the point where it stops looking super wonky and where it is flat?

Also, this must’ve been a rough pull or something because the back side of the helmet has more acne than I ever did in high school!
fe5616872289a352c3711366ac5b394a.jpg
Is this ok? Will it make anything any harder? I’m not going to even attempt to use bondo or anything like that to cover it up. I’m not too anal about that sort of stuff, but it’s REALLY bad.
Thanks guys and input is of course appreciated!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PlasticSpaceman said:

Alright well I decided I was going to do the helmet first, that way if I lose motivation I have a nice finished helmet to get me going again!!
So I painted the inside black, easy as pie (it’s all I can do right now)
24f04b58c571e52b75473033f5d2fa19.jpg
ba4fe5ead00a9e084d053341afb0621e.jpg

And I was wondering, how much should I trim off the helmet??
56012fa77885cd0c5bb2348de86b06f0.jpg

Should I just trim to the point where it stops looking super wonky and where it is flat?

Also, this must’ve been a rough pull or something because the back side of the helmet has more acne than I ever did in high school!
fe5616872289a352c3711366ac5b394a.jpg
Is this ok? Will it make anything any harder? I’m not going to even attempt to use bondo or anything like that to cover it up. I’m not too anal about that sort of stuff, but it’s REALLY bad.

Only thing I can see that might be a pain, is that you painted before you cut out the eyes. May end up pulling a lot of the paint off when you cut, unless you use an exacto and cut through that way. As far as trimming the helmet goes, if you look really close, you can see there is a "valley" where you can cut. look at reference photos will help to know exactly where to take it off. should be right at the Vocoder and straight across with quick curves. Again, check reference photos though, the hole shouldn't be big enough to put straight on your head, unless your head is really tiny. But should be able to go on side ways, and "twist" into place.

As far as the look of that helmet, looks normal for ATA. A buddy of mine that is currently working on an ATA bucket looks like that. I don't like it, but I believe that is kinda how the originals looked. (ATA might be pulled from the original, but don't quote me on that)

• Like 1

I will warn against cutting too much off he helmet early. Especially if you are larger in head size. I have a large head and when I cut my ATA bucket I simply cut where the lines were already. And I almost didn’t have enough material to hold it together and still fit my head inside.
And I can confirm that my ATA bucket has the same kind of bumps on the back as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, PlasticSpaceman said:

Normal ;)

• Like 1