ProCoPrint3D DLT-19

Scalawag

Starting with "Stop whining Corporal." and then a paragraph moaning about the legion is not completely okay.  You post contained helpful information but no one will read it if it starts like that and is written in a way that takes shots at the poster.

Nice blaster Scalawag!

As someone who has owned four real MG-34s over the past 30+ years, let me say that you really nailed the weathering on this. It looks completely authentic to me.

Unfortunately even though I know the MG-34 very well, I have only a superficial knowledge of the DLT-19 conversion, but it looks like you've also done a stellar job of updating those details as well!

Please don't be put off by occasional brief comments here, this is a great place to share your work and find helpful info. I can't begin to describe how much help I've been able to source here.  Also remember that this is a world-wide site, and mannerisms of speech and syntax can vary greatly from country to country. In some places it can be considered quite normal to make brief comments that may seem terse in other locations or cultures, but are not actually intended to be rude.

In any event I just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic piece of work and I hope that you will continue to post your projects here.

You might like to checkout my steel E11 blaster project thread, you'll find the link in my footer below.

• Like 1

Paul, please don't go.  Your DLT-19 is what I hope to fashion mine after. I am even looking into getting the same parts, which is a little harder being that I am in the USA.  Many of us here use posts like yours as a guide and even though you may not always get feedback, the hard work is appreciated and encouraging.  Also... Action Man!

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind comments and support chaps I appreciate it.

Here are a couple of pics of the DLT-19 on its first deployment.

bxb01Cq.jpg

v2tTqqH.jpg

These were taken at WynterCon, which is a con here in my home town of Eastbourne, UK.  As you can see it takes place in a huge big top!!

Whilst I am a member of 501st (Tusken Raider) I don't troop with 501st as a TK, so this troop was done as a member of the Imperial Outlanders (that's the badge on our pauldrons).  

I am working this set up into a 'clean' Heavy Weapons Trooper, so its still a work in progress, bits still to change and add.  Its clean because then I can also troop the armour as a standard TK too.

Paul

Edited by Scalawag
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 2:01 AM, Coloursergeant said:

Nice blaster Scalawag!

As someone who has owned four real MG-34s over the past 30+ years, let me say that you really nailed the weathering on this. It looks completely authentic to me.

Unfortunately even though I know the MG-34 very well, I have only a superficial knowledge of the DLT-19 conversion, but it looks like you've also done a stellar job of updating those details as well!

Please don't be put off by occasional brief comments here, this is a great place to share your work and find helpful info. I can't begin to describe how much help I've been able to source here.  Also remember that this is a world-wide site, and mannerisms of speech and syntax can vary greatly from country to country. In some places it can be considered quite normal to make brief comments that may seem terse in other locations or cultures, but are not actually intended to be rude.

In any event I just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic piece of work and I hope that you will continue to post your projects here.

You might like to checkout my steel E11 blaster project thread, you'll find the link in my footer below.

Thats great to know Coloursergeant, I'm glad I got the weathering to look so accurate.

There is a lot more to my not wanting to take part here further than just the comments I have received here.  I have had similar responses across most of the forums I have contributed to over time and many different hobbies.  I suspect I am just to sensitive too it all if I am honest.  

I can appreciate that other cultures may communicate differently, but I also think that on an English speaking forum the onus should be on them to find out what English speakers might find offensive or rude, and not on the forum as a whole to just tolerate it.  But like I said I am probably too sensitive for all this, and will now do most of my sharing about projects off line I am afraid.

I took a look at your E-11 build, impressive, most impressive.   Its a great build and a superb looking E-11 mate.  Here is a link to my own E-11 build.  Its a Doopy Doos kit with BlastFX electronics fitted.

Paul

Edited by Scalawag

1 hour ago, Scalawag said:

These were taken at WynterCon, which is a con here in my home town of Eastbourne, UK.  As you can see it takes place in a huge big top!!

How was the con? I saw Jon Campling (Death eater in HP Deathly Hallows) tweeting about it going up as he's in Eastbourne.  It was a bit of a trek so I didn't go but it's not that bad if it's a good event.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 4:31 PM, Shanester said:

Paul, please don't go.  Your DLT-19 is what I hope to fashion mine after. I am even looking into getting the same parts, which is a little harder being that I am in the USA.  Many of us here use posts like yours as a guide and even though you may not always get feedback, the hard work is appreciated and encouraging.  Also... Action Man!

I will be keeping my account here and look in from time to time Shanester, but probably contributing less.

I am pleased this build will serve as one of the inspirations for your own DLT-19 build.  By all means if you think I can help at all then just get in touch.

Paul

10 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

How was the con? I saw Jon Campling (Death eater in HP Deathly Hallows) tweeting about it going up as he's in Eastbourne.  It was a bit of a trek so I didn't go but it's not that bad if it's a good event.

Yeah it was good.  We went on the Saturday, but it is a 2 day event if you want to do both days to make travel more worth while.  A lot to see and participate in if that is your thing, but maybe a little pricey to get in.  Jon Campling was there giving spell casting classes and all the usual, he was great as usual.  

I will most likely do both days next year, but then I only live 3 miles away :laugh1::laugh1::jc_doublethumbup: 

I would say it is one of the better 'smaller' Cons I have been too, not an MCM or the like but fun none the less.

I may see if I can get a more official invite next year for the group I belong to as well.

Paul

Edited by Scalawag