Echostatic

Hello from Texas

Hello all, I’m glad I can finally use the forum, I found it recently and was getting “website offline” errors all over the place before today.

I’ve wanted a set of stormtrooper armor for years, I always thought it looked amazing when I would see people wearing it at the movie premiers. Well yesterday I went to an anime convention and seeing everyone in their costumes just pushed me over the edge, so I’m planning to take the plunge. 

Ive been reading and watching videos, trying to see what all goes into building something like this. It definitely looks like a big project and I’ve never done anything like it before. We’ve got a garage full of tools though, so I should have a lot of what I need. I’m just looking at different vendors now, currently leaning towards RS Propmasters. 

Hello and welcome Andrew! Yes the forums had some downtime due to server migration issues last week.

You're on the right track looking at the list of vetted sellers. Also ensure that the armour you purchase is a good match with your body type. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with! Once you get started with your build, start a build thread in the appropriate subforum.

Welcome aboard, Andrew. :-)

You’re correct that it is a big project, however it’s a REALLY rewarding one!! Building it is great, then getting to troop with amazing people and bring smiles to adults and kids is even better. :-)

Here’s some handy links to start you on your way.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

The key to building a kit is research, patience and asking lots of questions. Many of us had never build costumes before our first TK armour, but with help from fellow troopers it can be very achievable.

Once you’ve started looking at the various kits available, feel free to post on here and we can advise you on which might be best for you. Some are better than others for different body shapes, so bear that in mind.

Best of luck on your journey,

Dan. :-)

• Like 1

Oh I totally forgot to mention that. At 5’9” and 130lbs, I’m very slim. Are there any other measurements I should mention?

Ive been looking through the getting started subsection and the vetted vendors. I was initially looking at the “TK UK” armor, the price and B1G1 deal was alluring but given the issues people have had in the past with quality and shipping, I decided to stick with the vendors with a solid reputation. I have a tendency to want to hurry up and buy something when I take interest in a hobby, so I’m trying to fight that temptation and do it right :)

Edited by Echostatic
  • Like 1

Welcome, Future Trooper!!

Echoing what everyone has said thus far: there’s a ton of great information at your disposal here in the forums! It will be a great project, so gettin all of the information you need up front will save you from a lot of headaches down the road!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Andrew!

sounds like you’re doing your research for suitable vendors.  Size requirements do matter; if there are any questions that can’t be answered in this forum, probably best to contact the vendor(s) to be sure.

in the meantime, check out the EIB and Centurion threads for build references.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

30 minutes ago, Echostatic said:

I have a tendency to want to hurry up and buy something when I take interest in a hobby, so I’m trying to fight that temptation and do it right

Well you can`t go wrong with RS as it`s cast from a screen used suit, there are alot of good armor makers in the vetted sellers list that would make you into one awesome Stormtrooper but for me personally you can`t beat the feeling of wearing an exact replica from what we see on screen:) You can also look over the EIB and Centrurion applications in the advanced tactics here to see what the different armors look like and the hight/weight of the applicant and that way get a feel for what you might like:duim: And...welcome to FISD:salute:

1 minute ago, Thumpy~ said:

in the meantime, check out the EIB and Centurion threads for build references.

Ahh you just beat me to it:smiley-sw013:

Welcome to the FISD it’s great to have you with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Echostatic said:

Oh I totally forgot to mention that. At 5’9” and 130lbs, I’m very slim. Are there any other measurements I should mention?

Ive been looking through the getting started subsection and the vetted vendors. I was initially looking at the “TK UK” armor, the price and B1G1 deal was alluring but given the issues people have had in the past with quality and shipping, I decided to stick with the vendors with a solid reputation. I have a tendency to want to hurry up and buy something when I take interest in a hobby, so I’m trying to fight that temptation and do it right :)

I would stay away from any armor that isn't on the vetted list. it can cause issues down the road. you may even end up spending more money trying to fix whats wrong with some of the off the wall vendors. the Vetted list is the way it is for a reason. trusted and shown to know what they are talking about

Welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor, Andrew!  Lots of great advice so far, and there is plenty more where that came from if you need it.

As mentioned, you really can't go wrong with RS props or any of the vetted armorers for that matter.  It may be a bit early, but you should seriously think about taking your kit to the next levels of accuracy (Expert Infantry and then Centurion).  I say this because it is much easier to do this during your build rather than after, and it will give you a set of armor that really stands out without as much extra work as you may think.

Once you choose your armorer, there are other items that you will need down the road of course, (boots, blaster, undersuit, etc).  These can all be sourced right here, and when you are ready we can direct you to the places to find them.

This site can be a little intimidating with all the info available, but know that we are here to help in any way we can.  We've all been there!

Here are some links that may help you:

Build supplies:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

EI and Centurion:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

Hi Andrew and welcome to the FISD.  You have received some great info in the above posts.  Take time to do some research and ask questions - there is no hurry.  Enjoy the journey!

3 hours ago, Echostatic said:

one other question I have as of right now, where in Texas are you?

15 hours ago, Hoda said:

Should join this group if you are on Facebook, we have armor parties from time to time, would be awesome to see you there!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/296336407050926

I don’t use Facebook much, but I sent a request in. 

Ive been watching this video series to get an idea of what I’m gettkng myself into. Looks like there’s a lot to it, but everything seems manageable. 

RS Prop Masters offers a strapping kit with their armor. Is it worth getting?

Edited by Echostatic

Hi Andrew and welcome to the FISD!  You could always buy RS's strapping kit.  But buying some elastic and snaps are really easy to do.  You can head to hobby lobby or Michaels and buy all of that you need.  Or heck the savior amazon.  You can also view another video on trooperbay.com  Mike has some very nice videos on his site.  But I would certainly echo everyone else that you cannot go wrong with RS.

Hi and welcome !! 

I can only speak for myself but I am very very happy with my RS TK !! 

I can can only speak good about their service and everything they provided for me ! 

Hi Andrew, and welcome to FISD the ultimate reference guide to Stormtroopers in the universe.

Well, I pulled the trigger on an RS Prop Master stormtrooper kit. (I believe the abbreviated name for an OT stormtrooper armor suit is a "TK"?) I went with the ABS and I'm getting the helmet from them too. The price for the strapping kit was $129 sooo I'm just gonna figure that bit out on my own lol.

Edited by Echostatic

7 minutes ago, Echostatic said:

Well, I pulled the trigger on an RS Prop Master stormtrooper kit. (I believe the abbreviated name for an OT stormtrooper armor suit is a "TK"?) I went with the ABS and I'm getting the helmet from them too. The price for the strapping kit was $129 sooo I'm just gonna figure that bit out on my own lol.

Awsome:duim: And yes "TK" is the call sign every stormtrooper has...TK-99665 at your service:salute:

Greetings and Welcome to the FISD! The home of the shiny and white. As you already have seen, troopers are always ready and willing to help! A bunch of links already at your disposal. 

Take Time. Cut Once. Measure Twice. 

Good Luck on your Journey! :salute: