ANH Stunt TK in Germany

HSM76

Thank you Paul for the Information!

When cutting the back of the thighs I kept the cut off on both sides equal, that was the mistake I made here. I should have left the thigh backs until the very end of the build, or at least until the Torso would have been done.

Maybe I try to order new thighs from RS at some point in the future and redo them. :(

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your thighs as they are, Sven. Definitely no need to buy a new pair. I was simply pointing out how to avoid the large mismatch you have so you, and others reading, can avoid this in the future. If you trim them as I have shown then they will feel and look much better :)

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 10:38 PM, HSM76 said:

The shoulder bells are cut to specs given by RS:

jWGpTe0.jpg

Hi Sven!

Do you remember what kind of specs you got from RS? I start working these soon and RS shoulder bells are huge before trimming as you know :)

Thank you for the excellent build thread!

-Tuomas

Those are the measurements I got from RS:

zkKoyKQ.jpg

JWxJ9OY.jpg

But keep in mind , if you are very broad in the shoulders, these might be to small.

Okay, if you are very broad in the shoulders, the RS bells are also to narrow.

9 hours ago, troopermaster said:

Bear in mind when you do the trimming that the bells do not want to sit flat. This results in that gap most RS owners seem to get between the bells and chest plate. You want to curve the sides of the bells so they sit closer to the chest plate.

Interesting suggestion Paul. Would you happen to have a reference photo on hand, maybe we can add this to the library. 

• Like 1

Did not get to much in the last few days. Only cut the thighs and reworked the left forearm a bit.

AAAAAND.... I submitted my basic approval request. As of this morning:

TK24576 reporting for duty.

Now to get ready for EIB and Centurion.

Some tweets on the armour. For example the kidney and abdomen plate tend to overlap on the right side, when the belt is closed. I am not sure what I will use, tabs, magnets... Have to tinker a bit here. Work on the inner padding of the left knee, this is still a wonky and pushes the knee outwards

And most importantly, the blaster needs to be done.

• Like 2

Congrats and welcome aboard Sven! Now to wait and see if you put in that EI and centurion application.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you, for the warm welcome :smiley-sw013:

But as I said it will be a bit till I can place EIB since I want to get the BlastFX into the Sterling and that is putting a bit of work my way. Incidentally a bit more than I thought.

By the way, walking stairs works better in the armour than I thought. But I want to have a rail in one hand, as I think the visibility in the bucket and stairs might spell disaster. Until now I haven't had the courage to try running in armour.

Yes I am a bit to talk for a stormtrooper, I am 185cm high. Most of the excess height is in the legs, as the torso seems to fit as intended.

I think you got me wrong here, Matt.

Right now the legs seem to be good, no armour bite while walking up and down stairs. And no big mobility issues here. So from that point I think I can keep the ends in the backs of the knees straight. But I will see if I think otherwise after my first troop, which will be on Dec. 15th.

To be able to run in armour would be another goal, I simply haven't worked up the courage to try it out.

• 1 month later...

After a few weeks of silence a little update:

I had my first troop mid Dec.

This weekend I plan to take the pictures for the EIB and Centurion approval. 

• Like 1