ANH Stunt TK in Germany

HSM76

Okay.... Both addons to the leg parts give me problems, aside from the fracking sniper plate, the ammo belt is a problem.

In most of the Centurion applications the ammo belt sits like this:

fktW2E4.jpg

But if I attach it like this the ends don't end at the same part of the thigh. One side is to short:

OlbaWtN.jpg

I know it is the inner side of the right thigh but... 

If I attach it like the RS Suit and some other screen references it will work:

35D9OWl.jpg

Is this placement acceptable for Centurion or has the middle pack to be centered? 

Okay.... Both addons to the leg parts give me problems, aside from the fracking sniper plate, the ammo belt is a problem.
fktW2E4.jpg&key=55fd4d12558e596069a58e58d1ce9da0e57b8279cb5a9bd0bfd1a38c722d263c

But if I attach it like this the ends don't end at the same part of the thigh. One side is to short:
OlbaWtN.jpg&key=41912da55843f7588e844bd51b530e3d113ba6f72c323f1306703de30a3409bf

35D9OWl.jpg&key=69216869ba53d3e370c5be77428b8db31cf438a4835daa1dc18379f2fef73adf

Is this placement acceptable for Centurion or has the middle pack to be centered? 
Try flipping the ammo belt 180° it may be that you have it upside down. In terms of the sniper plate, glue one side, let it cure for 24 to 48 hours, then do the other and drop a blob of glue in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

fktW2E4.jpg&key=55fd4d12558e596069a58e58d1ce9da0e57b8279cb5a9bd0bfd1a38c722d263c

OlbaWtN.jpg&key=41912da55843f7588e844bd51b530e3d113ba6f72c323f1306703de30a3409bf

35D9OWl.jpg&key=69216869ba53d3e370c5be77428b8db31cf438a4835daa1dc18379f2fef73adf

Hiya.

Tidy build so far. Nice work, Trooper.

The thigh ammo packs weren’t centred in the movie either, so no worries there. Here’s a reference shot.

e7384ab2ca8ac0f9cd6c5a931bb180f9.jpg
  • Like 1

Damn it, if you think you have something done it kicks you in the shins.... 

Late last night, as a last thing, I put the belt on the chest. But I had to accept that one of the poppers, the left one, of all things won't stay. It slips of the stud. I always feared the the left side would be a problem, but thought it would be when the Blaster is in the holster. But this.... :explodingemotie:

Snapped it of and will set a new one. 

After that I will see what I need to do. I don't want to put in Velcro, but it might be necessary as the E11 is very heavy, because of the Sterling casing. But I want the armour as near to the prop setup as possible. I got further from that goal by adapting to my size, but...

Another small update nearing completion. 

I glued the shoulder bridges to the chest, the big and 4,5 small ridges on the chest plate, the rest is floating free:

7QPUAM0.jpg

2TnmoxK.jpg

I fought with the sniper plate and glued on the left side, but no pictures here, as there is not much to see under all the painters tape and all the clamps. 

I attached the ammo pack to the right thigh. 7mm single cap rivets, now painted white, all in the "RS Suit" configuration:

Sj7PEX7.jpg

VLc4JId.jpg

AlnyVX0.jpg

o2lvO9u.jpg

Interrestingly enough after fastening the second rivet, the pack was in the position on the pictures. It might be that I don't need any glue to hold it up. But only time will tell. 

The belt is done so far, only the straps on the drop boxes have to cure:

MZtMlnP.jpg

bH73NS2.jpg

MnKzmF2.jpg

Last thing I did today was glueing the elastics to the thighs. The loops on top will be done after fitting.

DYtWBwT.jpg

First thing the needs to be done on the next session is trimming the backs of the thighs. 

So the list of things to do on the armour has shrunk down to this:

- cutting back of thighs

- cutting lower edges of shins

- gluing sniperplate

Edited by HSM76
Added thigh picture
  • Like 1

Hey Sven, just stumbled across your build, and I can only join my fellow troopers and say you did a really good job so far :)

If you need advice on how to cut the backs of thighs and shins you could have a look at my build if you like, I had the same problem (same goes for the ammo belt, but as I can see you have solved this problem a lot better than me). Not long now and we can welcome another TK to the German Garrison, and it's great to hear you're planning on going the extra mile to EIB and Centurion - from what I saw in your build you're already building towards it, so once you're approved there shouldn't be much that'll need correction. So keep it up!

• Like 1

Yep, I try to build to Centurion right from the start. Yours was one of the many build threads I studied prior to and during my build. 

Edited by HSM76

Did not got to do much today, disassembled the helmet partially to install the SHA. Drilled the holes in the rank bars and the holes for the microphones in the side, unfortunately one side did not cooperate and I had to redo some of the plasti dip, which is now drying.

I glued on the rest oft the sniper plate and I am very curious how it will turn out. 

I did a first partial fitting today, obviously without the left shin. First with now shins at all and than with the right, to see how big the gap between shin and thigh is. 

Excuse the crappy pictures I had to use a propped up mirror again.... Therefore no pictures from the back. 

9Y5FoDe.jpg

gtZcH7C.jpg

BHv91wP.jpg

With right shin (yes it is the right, keep in mind, mirror) Pressing the thigh down to how mich I think I have to extend the elastics. 

xQ7f9AE.jpg

Now with gloves:

suul97d.jpg

I need to do some pictures of the back but I fear, this will not happen before the weekend. 

From what I saw, I am inclined to leave the thighs as they are right now. I don't want to loose to much at the top, as I fear it will be to much of a black gap. 

WywFkJT.jpg

Would that be okay for Centurion? 

• Like 1

Marc: that's the plan!

Aaron: its the belt with suspenders. But everything is okay I just closed the loops with safety pins as a first test, at a point where I thought it might be right. I will see the shut after I have worked out the correct fit.

We had some problems with the photos, first of all I forgot the gloves, then we got to make the photos late yesterday and finally the SD Card of the camera was a bit uncooperative, when we finally got the pictures on the PC it was to late for another set, with corrections.

But it was the first full suit up and I noticed a few things:

- I have to make sure where the belt is sitting. Even so I lengthened the loops, the thighs ended up in the same height as last time.

- the right shoulder bell will ride out some bit if I raise the arms. See portrait picture, where I think it is okay.

- I have to look into the Helmet padding, as the bucket is a bit off center.

- the cooling system is visible from the back, advertising for @CTID :D

(And last, I have to give my Girlfriend a list of things she has to check :smiley-sw013:)

UVnQsBT.jpg

iXSqWSI.jpg

FAvDQxe.jpg

vM9bvzx.jpg

Any more things you guys noticed

Looking good Sven.
I think the thighs still need dropping a tad especially as they overlap the butt plate.
I'd also suggest having a look at the belt, it looks a little off centre which in turn, is not allowing your drop boxes to hang equally beside the thigh covers (if that makes sense?)
Not long now!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@CTID: I'll look into the belt issue, thanks Marc.

This will get interesting... I was using the marks made by RS,  seems those were a bit off :6:

@Frank75139: I kept the gap between forearm and bicep as on orientation to have this as narrow as possible, if I pull up the biceps either I get to much gap to the forearm or to much gap to the gloves.

The cooling system is made by CTID, named Troopacoola. I have the digital veriable speed version where you can set the speed of the fans in certain levels.

Concerning the hight of the biceps I just checked some of the RS Centurion applications, of people roughly my hight, it looks the same as with my armour. (Like here: 

@CTID: while looking through the RS Centurion application I saw, that the belt seems the same as with them. I think, the left Dropbox was pushed into a strange position by the thigh. But I will look into it tonight. 

Thanks Matt.

Yep, as I wrote above, this is cooling system :laugh1:

Is on the list.

The forearms should be the same circumferance but I will look into it, thank you. 

The thighs were the main reason for the pictures and there is still some work to be done I know that.

The cover strips are there, you have to look at the pictures in a zoomed version.

I worked at some of the points this evening.

I reworked the forearm and the shoulder and tried to find out how to set the thigh straps.

Here are some pictures of the thigh tests, I think now the elastics might be right:

8aZeNRc.jpg

As I hoped, the drop boxes seem to be right, it is only a thing in conjunction with the thigh placement.

L5UFHmV.jpg

Matt, Paul, here you can see that I have cover strips on the back of the thighs they are just a little shy in pictures and try to hide.

The top of the thigh is the thing I am not quite sure how to cut like this?:

LmPp4vY.jpg

(Even better view on the cover strips)

Excuse the crappy lines, but the mobile phone is not so precise for drawing lines. But I think this is what @troopermaster meant, is it not?

Edited by HSM76
Added a bit more text.

What I meant was that I would have put the joining strips angled to use more of the inner halves of the thighs, keeping the original shape and not having such a mismatch. You can see the blue lines Sven has used and the red lines I would have used. You end up with a similar result once trimmed but I think it's better to use more on the inner halves if possible. The halves are not always equal on both sides when you do your measuring so keep that in mind for future builds :)

FIRG2gF.jpgXBnSEQS.jpg

• Like 1