ANH Stunt TK in Germany

HSM76

Did you reshape the overall form from an oblong shape to a more rounded? Or did you leave it as it is? 
If you mean the rear covers, we cut them at an angle2cb46763e1a1807bba2196647a51894a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No, the rear edge to the but plate is rather clear, how I will cut there. What I am talking about is the lateral shape of the thigh, with removal in the back it looses in "roundness" I have no space to the thigh at the sides, here it is pressed to it. But in the front and back there is a lot of room between thigh and plate. 

12 hours ago, HSM76 said:

Up until now I used the heat gun for heat treatment. How hot does the water bath need to be?

Boil the water, then take it off the heat and place your item in. Keep checking every 15 - 20 seconds how soft or flexible the parts are becoming.

It will depend on the thickness of the ABS on the parts you are reshaping as to how long they need to be in the hot water, but once your happy run them under cold tap water to reset the plastic.

• Like 1

I did a first run with the legs, kidney and butt plate in the water bath, the thighs got better, but not level, but I hope it is enough to keep them level when closed with the hooks. The Thigh needs another run. Kidney and butt are okay. 

Glued the back cover strip to the left thigh

nN3KA2b.jpg

I hope it were enough clamps... 

Had a bit of time during the weekend to do some more work on the armour.

The cover strips on the left shin are done:

7CEcIPa.jpg

Glued the outer and inner cover strips to left thigh:

iWLtcuL.jpg

And the back cover strip to the right shin:

MKOJ3Zs.jpg

Next up, is the strapping of the torso. I am planning to put strips of ABS under the brackets for added strength. The ABS for that is already cut in larger strips. I used a rather flexible 1mm sheet I bought. 

Got a little bit done this evening. I started to do the strapping brackets in the Torso. Chest and Abdomen are installed and the Back got started. 

I braced the brackets with 1mm ABS strips. 

The painted screws are already countersunk, where they are installed. 

ZeJxuaH.jpg

A4BhpcI.jpg

BnmUK7v.jpg

36DCpNz.jpg

I am a bit in doubt about the split rivets. I market off the 1 cm mark and it looks so very near the edge, especially if it is the center of the rivet. The second pencil line in the picture is the 2cm line. It seems to me it should be closer to that line. 

zmTjGK9.jpg

Oh and in other news, I totally forgot to post pictures of the thermal detonator, which was finished some time ago. 

pCX6Xjg.jpg

3PMEkgC.jpg

b3ExaqV.jpg

Yes those rivets, I had a picture in my last post. The picture Marc posted clarifies it. My problem was that in a lot of builds I saw in the Centurion applications the rivets looked further from the seam to the kidney (that was the distance I was talking about) than in Marc picture. The vertical orientation was not the problem. This is the picture I was talking about:

zmTjGK9.jpg

The two pencil lines are 1cm  and 2 cm the edge to the kidney plate. If I use the 1cm line as middle of the rivet the remaining 6mm to the edge seemed to narrow. But in the reference picture it looks like it, at least the lower two rivets. 

Hmmmmm... With the measurements in the picture I come to a rivet position at the bottom that is roughly 2cm above the bottom ridge. Somewhere else I read that it should be at 1 cm above the ridge. If I use the placement referenced in Marc's Lucas Archives photo will it be Centurion approvable? 

Hmmmmm... With the measurements in the picture I come to a rivet position at the bottom that is roughly 2cm above the bottom ridge. Somewhere else I read that it should be at 1 cm above the ridge. If I use the placement referenced in Marc's Lucas Archives photo will it be Centurion approvable? 
RS specs...4bddb13640df1627280774cc7d4fccd8.jpge9da31474f27470dc074a5eb2f29de70.jpgc8113174207f36e5b6d09b4a20e7246c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got to work a bit further on the armour this evening. The bracket strapping is done, maybe I need to adjust the loops in the chest a bit in the future. 

I installed the Han snap on the right side as well as the strap for it in the kidney plate:

5UW67dX.jpg

YKGowtg.jpg

The snaps for the belt are only sticked on with double sided tape. I will install them when I did a fitting with the belt. The RS armour has spots where I think they should be, but trying out with the belt is better I think. But first the Torso strapping needs to be done, at least the shoulder straps. 

Also I drilled the holes for the split rivets in the left side. Right now they only sit in the holes, the straps are not done:

a1q69uo.jpg

While drilling I also installed the two male snaps in the butt plate and made the hole for the split rivet in the cod:

RrdvmpL.jpg

The strap for the connection will be done also, when the shoulder straps are installed. 

Another small update today. 

I got to work a bit further on the armour, I connected back and front:

LrApYAr.jpg

Added the strap in the groin:

EZSoOWY.jpg

And glued the shoulder straps and corresponding snaps into back and chest:

L5fZfW5.jpg

e1vIqqc.jpg

I worked a bit on the arm fitting to try to find out where to place the 5cm elastic. I think I have it now. Those will be glued the next time I get back to building. Then the upper body will be done. 

When the torso parts have dried, I can finally get to cutting and closing of the thighs. I left those until now, to see the fit with the completed torso to get a better idea where to set the seam so it corresponds with the butt plate. 

The shins will be done after that, I bought 1mm white craft foam, which I will glue in the lower part, where the connect to the boots. 

Small update today, the torso strapping is cured and so far done. I glued on the button plates. The poppers for the belt were installed in the last build session, but I forgot to mention it. Fortunately I found some that work with the ones already installed in the belt. 

Here is the torso:

SqYtkaW.jpg

I worked further on the arm strapping, the snap straps to the torso are installed as well as the loops for the bicep and a connection to the bicep:

O274tS7.jpg

In the biceps I have glued the 5cm elastic for the connection to the forearm:

GVCoEVu.jpg

I am still struggling with finally making the leap and cut the backs of the thighs. 

• Like 1

Because I worked through the weekend of the 21st I had yesterday and today off. I used the time to get some work done on the armour.

The arms are done so far, I have to see if I need bicep hooks. Will see this after final fitting.

dCFAfcB.jpg

The thighs are finally cut, inner cover strips were glued in:

Jt5Jys1.jpg

And today the outer cover strips:

rsOdijB.jpg

When they are fully dried I will see how I will cut the upper edge to the butt plate, this will get interesting. 

The belt was assembled and the button covers glued to it and the holster installed:

e8mPtyU.jpg

dfObw0k.jpg

The dropboxes are glued and drying right now, I am trying to make the functional for storage. I will post pictures of them later, when they are done. 

I did a last hot water treatment of the shins and installed the hook straps:

I0TLW8v.jpg

HMxcZ8l.jpg

I was trying to get the sniper plate to sit right, but this thing is driving me crazy. If I get it to sit right in one point, it is moving in another. There will be a lot of tension it it if it is glued right at all three points. Right now I am not sure how to proceed here... But first the hooks have to be cured.