ANH Stunt TK in Germany

HSM76

23 minutes ago, CTID said:

Me on the left, Rob from RS in the middle and Paul from Tramp on the right. It was a joint Troopacoola and Tramp visit emoji846.pngb2d4ad7dc2cf38c2597a30fc3378bad3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah rub it in why don`t you…..:wacko:

:engel:

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, HSM76 said:

That's the plan, a little a a time, don't want to cut to much. I don't want any problems with missing material. I just wanted a first estimate at how much space is on both sides. 

Cut Once Measure Twice. Keep at it!

• Like 1

I'm a bit on a hiatus right now building wise. The arms are fully glued and the E6000 residue is removed. Did a bit of work on the right thigh to get an estimate of how much to remove to get a good fit.

Okay, a little time and a little excursion: Duct Tape Dummie :-) A little might be an understatement, more work than I thought.

But I think it will help a great deal with fitting.

Did some test fitting with the right thigh this evening, it seems there needs to be some cutting to do. From this test they thighs will not be as conical as the original ones, but if I keep the conical shape I think they will either get in the way between the legs, or stand out to much on the sides. 

8Ags86U.jpg

sbcGbMq.jpg

Here are some pics of the right leg thigh and calf. The thigh needs some heat treatment, as it is it is snug on the sides but some room in the front or back depending on how I pull it. To have it comfortable it needs a more rounded shape instead of the oblong it has now. 

Front: 

TAebel1.jpg

Back:

TAebel1.jpg

Top front looking in:

zYcHQfa.jpg

(In other notes, yes I am trying to start a new style with paisley under garment for Stormtroopers) 

Since I didn't get to building in the last few days here some pics of my E11. When I finally get the BlastFX kit, it will be upgraded with sound and light and I will use the big Eagle Hengstler 400 for that, which already gut gutted. 

The basis is a real Sterling casing, real M38 and real Hengstler. The cylinders are made by PlayfulWolfCub. 

O3KxNBw.jpg

5WoYFBT.jpg

8PcbcXx.jpg

I have bent in the butt, kidney and ab plate a lille an did a first fit of the torso in total. Some of the return edges definitely need to be trimmed. The Fotos show that the overlap of the kidney is up to the notch, so over 20mm on each side. I still have enough room in it. So this indeed has to go. The sides of the ab plate seem to be okay as they are. 

VuCdQTw.jpg

FPEDLLJ.jpg

EcOBTWW.jpg

Er7R5fL.jpg

The alignment of the plates is a bit of, the tape shifted a bit while it was applied. But I think it looks quite okay for a painters tape fit. 

I think the lower corners of the chest need to be bent in a little. 

Try increasing the distance over the shoulders between chest and back plate. This should allow the chest to drop a little and thus tuck the bottom sides of the chest in. I'd personally give that ago first

I hope that I get to resizing the kidney plate tomorrow. This will get interesting. They cutting is not the challenge, but I plan to add a slight return edge back at the sides and the notches. I am a little bit terrified right now... 

I got to reworking the kidney today, I marked the point where the new return edge should start with tape, the pencil mark was a guideline for the cut, but I left a bit more to bend and cut a little further from the tape. 

78R9nXh.jpg

I used a heat iron for rebuilding the first return edge. To hold against I used a steel strait edge clamped to the work surface and, to even out bumps in some places I used the head of a hammer. I think the result is rather okay looking after just heat bending the abs. 

7I9mh4n.jpg

yQyLfnC.jpg

MjMEq0P.jpg

As a last step today I closed the gaps at the corners with abs paste. 

wDVOQl7.jpg

IT will be a bit of work to get the edge and corners clean, but the next steps will be rebuilding the other side of the kidney and balancing out the sides of the but plate so it will be level with the notches in the kidney plate. 

Got to put working on the torso aside because of several reasons, one of those was utter frustration. 

So I started working on the legs yesterday,  cut the left leg parts, removed parts of the return edges and started gluing the right applied an inner cover strip on the front. I used left over cuts from the legs for that. Unfortunately I had not enough magnets, so I had to stop at these two parts. 

DR8uOJh.jpg

OsibaGd.jpg

Q4XwW4F.jpg

ZOLgySS.jpg

Edited by HSM76

I came to work much less on the armour than I had planned. I only got to glue the outer cover strips in the front of the right leg and cleaning the glue residue. 

Right thigh:

ypivxvY.jpg

Right shin:

ywTlNF5.jpg

I will clean up the lower edge of the shin during fitting of the whole armour, I have rather long legs, so I don't want to cut of to much. 

The thigh needs to be cut in the back, this is how it looks right now:

HZkOFGq.jpg

The overlap is still about 2,5 cm (1 inch) 

And I think I need to shape it a little bit so it gets a little more round, it sits rather snug in the sides and has a lot of room in the front and the back, I fear the back cover strip will not eliminate this. 

MPGrY05.jpg 

(see also last pic in the post from Sept. 13th)

12 hours ago, CTID said:

My son had the same issue, here's what he did with his..bac37a27e92025575b49822c2f3698b6.jpg3b410d6c8ec222fe6d24d56a326e70d0.jpg

Did you reshape the overall form from an oblong shape to a more rounded? Or did you leave it as it is?