ANH Stunt TK in Germany

HSM76

Hi all, 

in late June I started my Stunt build of the RS armour, I am not that far until now. I have cut a few pieces and decided to really start with the Bucket. Here I am rather far. 

apxnOgg.jpg

jC1j9lS.jpg

those picks are a few days old, the helmet is assembled, but I have no current picks. Will post them this evening or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Great work on the vocoder and general paintwork:duim: For the ultimate Stunt-look you might want to consider extending the frown beyond that last cut tooth

GzRtSFg.jpg

Another small note would be the tube stripes. although approvable they idealy are about a pencil widht from the cheeks and they seem to be reversed, meaning you have the left on the right side and vice versa, again not something that would hold you back (unless your GML says otherwise as they have final say) but if you want you could look into that:)

Looking forward seeing more:salute:

• Like 1

Looking good so far, Sven!  PHENOMENAL job on painting those rear traps! In addition to the other suggestions, when you paint the tears try to make sure that the paint covers most of the recessed area as seen below:

NbULhSz.jpg?1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSM76 said:

Damn it....

Not to worry:) I just made the suggestions to make you look even more awesome, I doubt it will hold you even from Centurion...most likely it will be brought up but as something that will be upp to you. Some GML are more strict than others so that`s why I said that, you could always pop a question to said GML to see what they think:salute:

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 9:43 PM, justjoseph63 said:

If you keep up this level of detail, I hope to see you applying for EI and Centurion after your approval!

That was indeed my ultimate goal :-) 

New tube stripe stencils ordered. This time more accurate ones. 

Hi all, 

in late June I started my Stunt build of the RS armour, I am not that far until now. I have cut a few pieces and decided to really start with the Bucket. Here I am rather far. 
apxnOgg.jpg&key=c37fcc7f5d7c91c2f16c611c0d19dfeac7b000ce649b1c3094ee0fe8dc31002e

jC1j9lS.jpg&key=febb62611507aafcd633dd00e2e5a3d163f936dd4f881518b26a01bc429a2671

those picks are a few days old, the helmet is assembled, but I have no current picks. Will post them this evening or tomorrow. 
RS are just down the road from me, visited them a few times. Always love playing with their toys!
I recently sent a fan system over your way, by any chance was that your order?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CTID said:

RS are just down the road from me, visited them a few times. Always love playing with their toys!
I recently sent a fan system over your way, by any chance was that your order?

Hi Marc, 

Yes you are right I got one of your DVS Systems, will install them in the Helmet in the next few days. 

Next step: Arms

I have decided to work my way from the outside go the inside. 

For now I started with the left arm. While rough fitting the peaces I noticed, I have to widen the shoulder bell(s) as it is, the left bell will not fit over the upper arm pieces. 

Here some pictures after cutting the left forearm:

uPfyFhp.jpg

r1iUdKX.jpg

y0NAQ6h.jpg

y0NAQ6h.jpg

• Like 1

I redid the tubes stripes on the helmet:

hOMHKbI.jpg

eSJo85T.jpg

zYHe9oI.jpg

Right now I am still working on the arms, left upper arm is glued, both cover strips are on:

q9BSF82.jpg

VpkFeZR.jpg

Had to fight a bit with the E6000, let's see how it came out. Only time will tell.

Lower arm has the first cover strip, in the front glued, but I ran out of magnets.... 

p50X91L.jpg

I cut the parts for the right arm, in the main areas. There should not be to much work until I can glue those parts,  but first the magnets have to be freed.

• Like 1

Added the cover strips to the left upper arm.

For cleaning the E6000 a tongue depressor cut to a point has been a nice tool. I had to redo the left forearm because apparently I did not use enough glue. The right arm is cut and waiting for the clamps and magnets to be freed from the left forearm. 

Left bicep:

KdxpGjD.jpg

Wzjf32H.jpg

aQPe3Aw.jpg

In spite of what I wrote earlier, I started to look into fitting the torso and my fears were confirmed. At 185cm height and 75kg I have a waist of 78cm. So the abdomen, kidney and butt plates will need some severe reshaping. Right now it would look as if I am wearing a barrel around my waist. 

Still reviewing the threads concerning sizing down the waistline (Diana's & Chricket's build threads) 

A first rough estimate of how much has to go can be seen in this pencil mark:

dOwhEvp.jpg

A bit of that can come of the abdomen plate, but I think the whole part containing the notch has to go. So I will need to redo the notch and cut the but plate a bit to get it to align with the notch. 

But the current work is coming along nicely, I think. The left forearm is done too:

ROIFkUQ.jpg

RsQLzsP.jpg

dcmIMXB.jpg

The shoulder bells are cut to specs given by RS:

jWGpTe0.jpg

and the E6000 in the right arm is setting:

U8Ngjfj.jpg

Maybe I did go a bit overboard with the clamps? But I thought, the more, the merrier, the magnets might feel alone. 

Still reviewing the threads concerning sizing down the waistline (Diana's & Chricket's build threads) 

A first rough estimate of how much has to go can be seen in this pencil mark:

dOwhEvp.jpg&key=182f5cee674d5a570ae4a5ed6825e69baf53af218522cec3cdbb479b31acb319

A bit of that can come of the abdomen plate, but I think the whole part containing the notch has to go. So I will need to redo the notch and cut the but plate a bit to get it to align with the notch. 

Go easy with the cutting mate. Little by little.

• Like 1

That's the plan, a little a a time, don't want to cut to much. I don't want any problems with missing material. I just wanted a first estimate at how much space is on both sides. 

• Like 1