NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

I say this because one it will help better the shin and two it will tell you exactly where the tops will sit when you're wearing them. Some people trim out the top parts for mobility, but I can see where it could also help with the fitting of a bigger calf.

I say this because one it will help better the shin and two it will tell you exactly where the tops will sit when you're wearing them. Some people trim out the top parts for mobility, but I can see where it could also help with the fitting of a bigger calf.

Hi Rat
Yeah, I was totally agreeing with you. I was about to post the same thing as you posted it. :-)

Great advise - keep up the good work. :-)

Dan

3 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Rat
Yeah, I was totally agreeing with you. I was about to post the same thing as you posted it. :-)

Great advise - keep up the good work. :-)

Dan

Hey I learned a few things from all you older troopers. :D

So now I get to return the favor and I remember the odd ball things with the shins. I'm still dealing with them.

• Like 2

Hey I learned a few things from all you older troopers. 
So now I get to return the favor and I remember the odd ball things with the shins. I'm still dealing with them.

Yup! Will do guys. Which reminds me, I need to get ahold of the people I ordered my boots from. 10 days for the boots that were in stock and no word yet....

I’ll do what you all suggested when I get them before proceeding.

On another note... I know shin labelling was rumored to be wrong. Do these look right at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I know shin labelling was rumored to be wrong. Do these look right at least?

A way to identify the shins is that the inside should have a shorter swoop, conforming to the muscle, outside then has a longer….good thing is it really doesn`t matter, the RS kit (made from Movie suit) comes with only outer parts (left and right) and is Centurion "worthy" so bottom line is: if it looks and feels right to you then all is good:salute: The Troopers in the Movie had all variants but all we see are awesome Stormtroopers:)

• Like 3

Yup! Will do guys. Which reminds me, I need to get ahold of the people I ordered my boots from. 10 days for the boots that were in stock and no word yet....

I’ll do what you all suggested when I get them before proceeding.

On another note... I know shin labelling was rumored to be wrong. Do these look right at least?

Oh... I do have another question. As these pieces dry... what else should I be working on. I know Ukwraths guide is just that, and not chronological. What would you all recommend? The belt I ordered should come this week, so I guess I can start that.

Should I start connecting the front body armor? That seems dependent of all the other pieces of armor.

13 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Oh... I do have another question. As these pieces dry... what else should I be working on. I know Ukwraths guide is just that, and not chronological. What would you all recommend? The belt I ordered should come this week, so I guess I can start that.

Should I start connecting the front body armor? That seems dependent of all the other pieces of armor.

Best advice would be to check out as many builds as possible, starting with the pinned ones, even though there are diffrent armor makers the general building procedure is the same and there`s something to see and learn from on all the builds as there are different ways to accomplish the same thing - becoming an awesome Stromtrooper:dancing-trooper:

• Like 2

Best advice would be to check out as many builds as possible, starting with the pinned ones, even though there are diffrent armor makers the general building procedure is the same and there`s something to see and learn from on all the builds as there are different ways to accomplish the same thing - becoming an awesome Stromtrooper:dancing-trooper:
This right here Sean. I couldn't think of any better response Dan.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sure look for builds that use snap plates. I did brackets as it was screen accurate, but many do nylon webbing and snap plates.

Any good guides out there on assembling the chest and front armor if you decide not to use the brackets in UKwraths guide? Rather go for something more simple. Thanks.

Hi Sean,

Here’s the method I used. Some would double up on the snaps (poppers), however single works okay with good quality snaps.

Best wishes
Dan
  • Like 3

Hey Sean I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but there are some really good build and instructional videos out there. The first is building with TK-1636 and second is panda props both can be found on YouTube if your a more visual learner. They both helped me along with mine.

• Like 2

Hi Sean,

Here’s the method I used. Some would double up on the snaps (poppers), however single works okay with good quality snaps.

Best wishes
Dan

For the poppers that aren’t actually drilled through the armor, I assume it’s a dab of E6000 on the back side of the nylon with the popper on the other side?

• Like 1

For the poppers that aren’t actually drilled through the armor, I assume it’s a dab of E6000 on the back side of the nylon with the popper on the other side?

Spot on. E6000 will hold them well. :-)

Spot on. E6000 will hold them well. :-)

Suddenly I’m feeling better about this build now that I’ve watched how everything is held together and feel like I really might get it done before Halloween. It seems like the hardest or longest part of this whole build is waiting for glue to dry :)

• Like 3

Suddenly I’m feeling better about this build now that I’ve watched how everything is held together and feel like I really might get it done before Halloween. It seems like the hardest or longest part of this whole build is waiting for glue to dry default_smile.png

Great news! Those videos REALLY helped me - I watched them quite a few times, even before my armour arrived. It makes the whole process a lot clearer.

I’ll just put a disclaimer here - this is just one build method. It worked well for me but it’s worth checking other methods too, just to see which one you like most.

Best wishes
Dan
  • Like 3

It's best to have nylon or abs there for more surface area so you get a better surface area to hold the snap.

• Like 1

Well... more progress, though not how I had hoped. I got a little too brave and was going to glue both sides at once. Let’s just say after it dries I’ll have a nice cleanup to do on one of the forearms. Suffice it to say, the rest I did one side only. One of the biceps seems a little off on the bottom, but going to roll with it and see how it turns out. Boots come Monday so I can start working the shins. In Florida Fir the weekend and gone most of next. Work will be slow so I’ll have to make up for it when I get back. 6d4caacc80305efc77dde4d5c2300648.jpg&key=e23a4d54734d64d78f151b8c645aef3ee823f9b0ac0dfa4594a046962594e8f1

• Like 1

One last connection to make. What’s the best method for getting E6000 off?512c6531ea2ce4349e3db8a1f84f8ccb.jpg&key=b960c540f9bfbe75a340c2af9bac17eb8837f020c72580719d4404ca7f1b1144 One of the pieces has an abundance on one side after an error.

I used a craft stick, a.k.a. a popsicle stick, but you can also use a bit of scrap abs. The thicker pieces would be better for this.

I used a craft stick, a.k.a. a popsicle stick, but you can also use a bit of scrap abs. The thicker pieces would be better for this.

Thanks. So I guess finger friction might work as well... crazy stuff E6000. Super strong bond but not permanent

Oh I wouldn't recommend it. The stick I used I cut into an angle and it was some work on some parts.