NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

Rat is right on all accounts.

It is a personal choice alone to not build for Centurion. Another time with another kit for me and no sweat off my back.

That being said, if you have more time and patience... go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All, at the Armor party we estimated my shins need 40-50mm give or take. Is that amount of rear cover strip too much for approval? If it is, do I take that, glue to the backside and apply ABS paste at the joint to shim? Thanks!

40-50mm is pretty wide. I suggest dividing some of that between the front cover strip to maybe even things out a bit. 

Front cover strip is on and the fronts look pretty good. I’d hate to start over there when the end result would still be the same. It really seems like shims will be needed.

Hum got any photos with them installed with your boots on?

I’ll try to get one.

I do have another question for everyone though.

Are the biceps only held up by the plastic hook? Or is there another method I am not seeing? Do they get attached to the shoulder bell?

You can attach them using webbing and snaps as well from what I understand as it is an area that doesn't get seen by the public.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I’ll try to get one.

I do have another question for everyone though.

Are the biceps only held up by the plastic hook? Or is there another method I am not seeing? Do they get attached to the shoulder bell?

Rat nailed it. If you take a look at some other build threads the most common remedy is a single piece of material (most commonly nylon webbing) that connects the two. You can use snaps and Rat has mentioned or glue it directly to the armor, and since it's not seen it has no bearing on any level of approval ;)

• Like 2

Just emailed my GML.  I'm good to go with 40mm cover strips on the shin backside for basic.  He said to try and match the thigh coverstrips, which will be nice as it means I can give my thighs a little more space.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Anyone with experience with industrial strength Velcro: Is the stick on both sides strong enough that when I put them together back to back they’ll hold, or should I add some e6000?

Always a good idea to add some glue for extra hold:salute:

• Like 3

Perhaps ab / chest needs to come up, it’s not quite match with your kidney, or bring your kidney down (once its on correctly ), what ever works 

• Like 1

It's probably just the angle of the pic, but your right shoulder brigde on the chest piece looks shorter than the other.

Also, if you get the back piece in their, you can see if the ab and chest need to come up, the kidney go down, or a bit of both. Although gaps in the back won't matter as much since you aren't going for centurion.

But overall, nice work! Can't wait to see it all come together! :popcorn:

• Like 1

Work is winding down and I’m finding less to do. Got the rear cover strips on and am now adding an inner cover strip to the front. I’ll add inner to the rear as well and on the shin. Don’t think the biceps and forearms need it quite as much. Also put a coat of primer on my e11. 962d1d5f0a6252f4af5d6963d3a5f61b.jpg

• Like 3