NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Unsure I can lightly glue the buttons and knee plate on as those are all that would have to come off.

By using E6000 it comes off no problem but still remains put as long as one likes:salute:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Actually with the allowable Sandrooper combinations you don’t necessarily need a backpack or DLT-19 for approval or in fact even for some of the higher levels.

A pouldron and pouch/es yes. 

True but who wants to go through all the extra work and not be able to wear a cool back pack lol. 

• Like 1

Since the armor is pristine now, and continuing to build a TK will result in pristine armor, I'd start there.  You'll certainly bang it up over the next year or two.  My suggestion is to go TK first, and start putting aside a nest egg for a second set of armor.  Then, right about the time you've saved up enough for another BBB your TK will be nice and used (and abused), and ready to covert to a Sandy.  Just make those changes with the buttons, straps and such and dirty it up some more.

Then start on your brand new TK.

After that build, you'll have both.

A.J.

• Like 2

Since the armor is pristine now, and continuing to build a TK will result in pristine armor, I'd start there.  You'll certainly bang it up over the next year or two.  My suggestion is to go TK first, and start putting aside a nest egg for a second set of armor.  Then, right about the time you've saved up enough for another BBB your TK will be nice and used (and abused), and ready to covert to a Sandy.  Just make those changes with the buttons, straps and such and dirty it up some more.

Then start on your brand new TK.

After that build, you'll have both.

A.J.
This idea of starting clean and gradually getting dirtier as time goes on is my plan. TK to HWT and then full on Sandy.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ukswrath said:

True but who wants to go through all the extra work and not be able to wear a cool back pack lol. 

Someone with a fused back and bulging disc in his neck ;) 

• Like 2

I think the path of going sandy once your TK is worn out is not uncommon.  One thing for sure is that no matter how light the pack is, it will feel heavy after an hour.  For sure go elastic vs. cordura as you will need to move. I'd also suggest that even after you get it approved, you are not done.  It's one thing to walk around your house in armor and think "I look good" and get approved by your GML.  It's another to go through a few troops where you have to put in on/off by yourself in a small changing room, or you want to run down a hallway for a skit or just for fun.  Bending over, stairs, etc.   You will likely find that you will continue to make adjustments over the first several months of trooping.

As a GML I try to tell people to use Velcro at first if you are unsure vs. glue, esp. on the thighs and sometimes the forearms too until they've trooped a few times.  As others mention it doesn't have to be perfect to get approved, so get it pretty good and then adjust.  My $.02...

• Like 3

I'll be swapping out some pieces in the not too distant future to a dirty sandy, my TK is getting a few scratches and marks after 6 years of heavy trooping, luckily I have a spare set of armor sitting in a BBB ready to go, just finding the time to get at it ;) 

Going TK, then TK HWT and then on to TD is great advice, you'll get a lot of wear out of the one set :D

• Like 2

Looking good Sean. I suggest when finished trim the cover strips back to the armor's edge for a number of reasons. 

Yup.. will do. Was thinking that. Snags and such... and I’m sure for L3 as well. Decided to be safe and give a little extra. The biceps are pretty much where they need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I would think that the 1" would be okay. Just cut them so they are like 2" in length so you can double them up for the security factor.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I see a lot of people going double snap for connections and some more going single...

I have several costumes. If you use quality snaps you shouldn't have any issues using single. If you think you're going to have issues for some reason then double up. Option is yours. 

I have several costumes. If you use quality snaps you shouldn't have any issues using single. If you think you're going to have issues for some reason then double up. Option is yours. 

I bought Tandy line 24s. I don’t plan on doing any stunts :) I think one should suffice then. Thanks!

Just now, NoZoupForYou said:

I bought Tandy line 24s. I don’t plan on doing any stunts :) I think one should suffice then. Thanks!

FWIW, Tandy are not the best. Quite a few people using Tandy are definitely doubling up.

• Like 1

I prefer double, I've had a couple fail on me over my time, having that extra there has saved me and kept me trooping, but as Tony has said one is enough if you have good quality snaps and fit them correctly.

If you are going for only one snap you could always carry a few spares just in case ;)

• Like 1

Like Glen and Tony said it never hurts to be prepared. Double up or single is personal choice. Though I would suggest if you want a few loose ones to carry along on troops then make them ahead of time and have them ready to go for field repairs.

• Like 1