NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

Just a tip, when trimming pieces try to use a ruler as a guide, you can also use a block wood with sandpaper wrapped around to help straighten cut lines.

This is particularly useful for the thighs as the cover strips stop just above the lower ridge and you want no gap there  

122_17.jpg&key=0ea91bdeca862db45d4aeaf7e705bdcf229c5782d17b409a5a6e27c961673fc5

Keep up the great work.

Thanks! Yeah, on the biceps I used a pen and steel ruler to get my cut line. Wound up using lexans though because score and snap wasn’t working and I couldn’t get my scoring straight reliably. Felt safer this way and I got the lines pretty darn straight even with scissors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ahhh! All set to glue and I can’t get the plastic off the cover strips. I can’t even tell if there’s protective plastic on them! Do all of them come with it? How do you get it off???

Never mind. One side only. Was going crazy lol

• Like 1

Yeah usual, but my kit had quite a few of the strips that only had the protective film on one side.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Anovos usually has protective plastic on both armor and cover strips, you should be able to peel it of with a finger

I double checked. It appears there was only film on one side of each of the cover strips... similar to the actual armor...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I double checked. It appears there was only film on one side of each of the cover strips... similar to the actual armor...

No point in having protection on both sides:duim:

I didn't think so either dan, but a couple of mine did. However I did have a bit of a time getting them separated so it may have been transferred from one to the other.

No point in having protection on both sides:duim:

5 minutes ago, Rat said:

I didn't think so either dan, but a couple of mine did. However I did have a bit of a time getting them separated so it may have been transferred from one to the other.

My Anovos Shadow only had the one side but with the TK:s they were in hurry to get them out so maybe they just put protective plastic all over the place :P Anyhoooo....your theory seem more realistic:)

My Anovos Shadow only had the one side but with the TK:s they were in hurry to get them out so maybe they just put protective plastic all over the place  Anyhoooo....your theory seem more realistic
Hahahaha! Yeah about half of my pieces were missing their numbers too. But then again I made order in December and had the following January. So just over a year definitely a rush job from the stories I've read.

• Like 1

Before they go on you just "Man this looks horrible." Then you get the strips on and it's a whole new thing.

Glad it's going well Sean and keep up the good work.

I do have a question about the shins. Following UKwraths guide, and in following with what was done to the other pieces, the butt connection in the front needs trimming before the cover strip goes on.

My problem is if I cut the shin return edges off at the top of the pieces, they may just barely fit my big calves. I don’t want to shim if I can avoid it, so I really have no cuts on the front side to spare.

If I leave it as is and apply the cover strip, will it affect EIB or Centurion?

Hmm... This would be a good question for Tony (Ukswraith) or Joseph (justjoseph) I think. They are some of the guys that take those submissions, I think anyways. I would say reach out to either of them if they don't respond here. They would be a good resource for that answer in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I do have a question about the shins. Following UKwraths guide, and in following with what was done to the other pieces, the butt connection in the front needs trimming before the cover strip goes on.

My problem is if I cut the shin return edges off at the top of the pieces, they may just barely fit my big calves. I don’t want to shim if I can avoid it, so I really have no cuts on the front side to spare.

The ideal look is to have the front coverstrips standard sized and increase the size of the coverstrips at the back, but depending on how much extra room you may need it could affect that. Perhaps tape the front of them together and take a photo of a trial fit to see just how much extra room you need before cutting.

27 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

The measurements in my build are only a guide. What may work for some may not for others. Question, have you removed a good amount of return edge at the top to see if that helps with the fitment?

The measurements in my build are only a guide. What may work for some may not for others. Question, have you removed a good amount of return edge at the top to see if that helps with the fitment?

That is my next step. I might get rid of it all if need be. What I was referring to was having equal butting to match perfectly to the cover strip. Got it perfect on the forearms, 7.5mm on each side. If the butt is wider than the strip, is that a bad thing?

The ideal look is to have the front coverstrips standard sized and increase the size of the coverstrips at the back, but depending on how much extra room you may need it could affect that. Perhaps tape the front of them together and take a photo of a trial fit to see just how much extra room you need before cutting.

I’ll do this as well. Need things to do as glue dries :)

Yes pictures are popular around here, be prepared to take many. It just helps us to answer the questions better if we see what you are asking about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

If the butt is wider than the strip, is that a bad thing?

Not at all. We have plenty of larger trooper in our ranks. What we do encourage however is uniformity, if you have to run thicker on the calves than follow suit with the thighs. Before going any further posting some photos as Rat mentioned go a long way in helping us give you correct advice. 

• Like 1

Not at all. We have plenty of larger trooper in our ranks. What we do encourage however is uniformity, if you have to run thicker on the calves than follow suit with the thighs. Before going any further posting some photos as Rat mentioned go a long way in helping us give you correct advice. 

Absolutely... will do that tomorrow!

• Like 1