NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

Hey guys... and so it begins. I’ve actually been cutting away since BBB day a little over a week ago. I have one thigh, chest and kidney to go, and a lot of questions.

I’ve been reading Ukwrath’s phenomenal instructions. I was lost on the cutting/fitting portion after the initial cuts but think I understand now. When you look at the flat edges where the strips go, they are no the correct width and must be cut to make the connecting strip look clean and correct. Does that pretty much sum it up?

So here are random other questions. First, I’m 5’11” 190ish. I’m an athletic build with big legs and broad shoulders. Size 44 suit jacket, 34 waist.

I have thunder thighs. They are 24” inches. I cut out the thighs and taped them together. With full return edges they just fit, but not with great mobility. Mind you this is just holding them together butt to butt with painters tape. I measured the outside of the and it was 26”. I don’t have a lot of spare room. How mobile should I be in these? I’d prefer not to shim. Imagine the back I can use a pseudo shim on the inside to make a wider gap to lay the connecting strip over, if that makes sense, and I’ll trim the return edges as much as possible.

My other question is on reinforcing and strengthening. The cod piece section seems quite thin. I’ve heard of people using garage sale signs to bolster the return edge areas. Has anyone used miliput or other clay like bonding distance To do it?

For now I think that’s all my questions.fe12148f0e1db255c3b95f0b7a807bfa.jpg&key=c067410a72ccc85415905186659d3797ec07a3db08062740eb63d905c40a2707 I’m sure I’ll have more. Thank you all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome! Pictures are your best friend when asking specific part questions it helps everyone else to see the issue. However if I have understood everything here yes you will trim forearms (15mm or 7.5mm each side) and thighs (20mm or 10mm each side) to get the proper width for the cover strips. With the return edge It will depends, but remember you don't want any on the wrist side of the forearm.

I think that covers it and always ask if your not sure.

Good luck!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome! Pictures are your best friend when asking specific part questions it helps everyone else to see the issue. However if I have understood everything here yes you will trim forearms (15mm or 7.5mm each side) and thighs (20mm or 10mm each side) to get the proper width for the cover strips. With the return edge It will depends, but remember you don't want any on the wrist side of the forearm.

I think that covers it and always ask if your not sure.

Good luck!

It did :) Thanks. You confirmed what I suspected and finally figured out. The molds have excess edge that needs additional trimming after fitting.

• Like 1

Yes but you went about it the right way for this kit. Use the Anovos lines then test fit and now you can go about fitting it to you.

• Like 1

Another helpful thing is that return edges are not required just in case you need the room in your thighs.

Scrap ABS or sign plastic can definitely help reinforce thin areas, just make sure you rough both areas before applying glue to help the, hold. Depending on what are you may also need a little heat to help form the new pieces to sit it better ;)

Looking forward to the progress.

• Like 1

Absolute true. There's never a silly question or such a thing as "Too many" questions.

Welcome! Just remember to take it slow, and ask any and all questions you may have!

1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

So does this seem right? How much mobility am I supposed to have? Obviously the bottom return edges go bye bye. The top will need to be trimmed.

IMG_0931.HEIC
IMG_0932.HEIC

I can't see them now, but it could be my phone.

They look alright so far, perhaps trim the return edge a bit more at the elbow. I think mine are right about 3mm.

They look alright so far, perhaps trim the return edge a bit more at the elbow. I think mine are right about 3mm.

Sounds good. I have a few more pieces to cut out of molds then I get to start truly working on the fit. Just couldn’t wait to try something on :)

• Like 1

Ok. All trimming is done.

Now for fitting. I have questions about that. Should I remove return edges before or after I glue the halves of various parts together?

I think for the thighs I’ll remove them completely. And then certain pieces you have to.

I like using painters tape to hold the pieces together to check for figment before removing all of the return edges. Some you may need to help keep them in place so they don’t flop around.

If you are aiming for eib and centurion then definitely get rid of the return edges on the bottom of your forearms ;) 

Like Glen said fit it all first then see how it fits you and trim accordingly. You may find you don't have to trim much. Yeah the only part that is a must is the wrist. For both comfort and accuracy, if you don't then your hands will scrap against the return edge every time you put them on.

Return edge on the wrists... does this part get removed? I assume so but am waiting just in case.b55092d671b3d07f1dda14c3b67034a1.jpg&key=eb0f88e85237b32a30ff480c55077064ce011ca91b7be76dfb92e8dbd7d17447

Yes all of it.

Yes all of it.

Awesome... thanks! How much space should there be in the arm? I mean, my forearms aren’t small, and they aren’t large either. Should I go with it as is and just insert foam if I feel the need? Rather err on the side of caution.

I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will clarify, but I believe you want about a 1/4" or 5-7mm between you and your armor.

As Jim mentioned, I would definitely cut out a bit more in the area shown below.  This will improve your mobility, and since we tend to spend most of the time with our arms bent in holding an E-11 it will help eliminate "armor bite" in that area.  If you have larger biceps, you can definitely trim the return edges off of those pieces as needed as seen in the screen used ones in the second photo.  As for the cod, yes, that area can be a bit thin, but I would highly suggest removing all the return edges from the bottom.  The reason being (without getting too delicate) is that area can (and will) cause chafing in that area if you leave too much on, if you know what I mean.  The third pic shows how much you can remove (although the edges should be sanded down smooth) but also shows a split, which can be prevented with reinforcing around the inside edges.

4gNixAe.jpg?1     eyZfkH7.jpg?1    Wgy05rP.jpg?1

• Like 2