Torso Connections

I am getting ready to finish assembling my TK. Can someone send me a pic of what the inside looks like after it is all connected. I was trying to look at pics from FISD, but I cannot get into anything at the moment. Thank you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Shimbo said:

Not mine but good shotd59bdf4e2969c86c24ff551a5da966eb.png

That is a pic of my buddy Jeff's armor (Tampa Bay Squad).  Here is another (although I forget who's it is, lol).

gjzkm33.jpg

• Like 1

That is a pic of my buddy Jeff's armor (Tampa Bay Squad).  Here is another (although I forget who's it is, lol).
gjzkm33.jpg&key=49aa757c6b816145892c777d6dbc09c927551929f9ab77327246b5d44c45885f

I was finally able to get into Ukwraths build thread and saw how the ab and kidney plates are riveted together on the left side. Thank you all for the pics and help.

As long as there is no gap on either side you are golden!

I attached shims last night and am looking forward to putting it together tonight.

• Like 1

3bc02e0335151500624a1d586a266a0f.jpg319ca4a5bd3ef442613383b1ef46c969.jpg

I forgot to attach the chest plate to the ab plate. I’ll do that tomorrow. I keep putting the belt in the wrong spot too. Only my second time suiting up.

I would suggest a few things, Mark..  If you have the room, I would bring your ab plate up if you can, as well as think about extending the white shoulder bridge elastic.  This will help the chest piece come down, and along with raising the ab plate will help reduce the gap between them.

Your biceps will also need to be raised to reduce that gap.  If you can indeed raise the ab plate, I would raise the thighs a bit as well.  

Another thing I would highly suggest is ditching the Anovos cloth belt.  Their holsters are fantastic, but their belts are flimsy and will sag.  If you decide to do this, I would go with one of Rob's, which are not only heavy duty but custom made to your size:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/

Keep the photos coming!

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations Joseph. I forgot to put the Velcro in the bicep to attach to the shoulder Bell. I’m going to work on this today. I will make new elastic for the chest and backplate connections too. Once this is complete I’ll send a follow up picture. Thanks again for the advice.

My pleasure, Mark.  Once you feel you are ready to submit to your GML for 501st approval, I would suggest posting a thread in the Request TK Pre-Approval  thread located in the Advanced Tactics area, (it is down right now due to the server changeover but should be up shortly).  

This allows senior TKs to assist you with any fitment issues (we will be kind and helpful, I promise) as well as give you the chance to ask questions.  In the meantime, please feel free to ask on this thread.  We are here to help! 

P.S.  Photos (especially detailed ones) are especially helpful.  Sometimes a picture really is worth 1000 words.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's how I did mine, it's held up for 3+ years:

36595228600_9bc3bcafda_o.jpg&key=725f1d2

It's nylon webbing with Tandy Line 10 snaps, snap plates attached with E6000 and a 48 hour cure time.  (Plus Centurion-level rivets for the left ab/kidney connectors).  

(Also, I just saw your Garrison- hey there, fellow Garrison-mate!  How's life in Northern CA?)

EDIT: I also I would add if you have issues with the shoulder bridge elastic stretching out, I switched mine to white nylon.  Elastic is preferred per the CRL, but mine just stretched out after a few troops and wasn't effective.  

Edited by sharkbait