Balaclava vs. Skull Cap?

Wondering what the preference or recommendation is for under the bucket. Both in regards to functionality, as well as comfort/ventilation?

I'm guessing most run with a balaclava, since it would seem to reduce the amount of moisture gathering inside, as well as contain any head/facial sweat. Is that correct? Anyone doing skull cap only and have pros/cons?

I use a balaclava, partly as it absorbs the sweat partly as it hides the fleshy parts from kids looking up under the bucket and helps maintain the illusion that we’re actual stormstroopers.

Balaclava for me, just have to make sure it doesn’t cover my mouth cause if it does my visor fogs. Again I like the added bonus of hiding your skin. I also slip my wireless mic in there and use the compression to hold it in place near my mouth until I can figure something else out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Balaclava for me, just have to make sure it doesn’t cover my mouth cause if it does my visor fogs.

Just a heads up on fogging up...  Take a small dab of foam style shave cream and (gently) rub in onto the inside of your lenses/visor.  Let it dry for a few minutes and then rub it off with a clean dry cloth... no more fogging!

As for the balaclava/skull cap, I use the skull cap on outdoor troops due to the heat and humidity, and a balaclava on indoor troops.

Just a heads up on fogging up...  Take a small dab of foam style shave cream and (gently) rub in onto the inside of your lenses/visor.  Let it dry for a few minutes and then rub it off with a clean dry cloth... no more fogging!
As for the balaclava/skull cap, I use the skull cap on outdoor troops due to the heat and humidity, and a balaclava on indoor troops.

Tried the foam didn’t work at all for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't wear anything under, as its not required unless you have long hair or facial hair that might be seen. Also I turn my fans on for a little bit before putting my bucket on and I find that helps get the air going inside the helmet, once I have it on there really is no issue with fogging, and I sweat quite a bit

Same here plus a balaclava is also good for covering the goatee and the back of the hair when it gets long

21 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Same here plus a balaclava is also good for covering the goatee and the back of the hair when it gets long

I shave my head, so that's non-issue for me, but sweat prevention will be a must.