FordPrefect2310 Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

Hy guys,

at the End of 2015 (a long time ago...) i bought an anovos armor (was like an x-mas present for me...).  Because of illness and less time it took very long to finish. I used ukswrath´s anovos building guide and read a lot in the FISD and the german 501st website. Today I took some pictures. What was not so easy because I dit it on my own with self-timer. And with armor on, the whole thing went very tricky. Have you ever tried to touch the camera shutter with gloves? That´s why the pictures are not the best and some parts of the armor are a bit crooked

But enough with talking. What do you thing about the armor? Thanks for your help.

P.S.: I hope you understand my english and I did not make too much mistakes.

1.  First/last name: Stefan Wölfel

2.  Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area: ? somewhere in germany (bavaria)

3.  Armor maker: Anovos

4.  Helmet maker: Anovos

5.  Cloth belt maker: Felice

6.  Neck seal maker: Anovos

7.  Boot maker: Imperial Boots

9.  Blaster maker (if applicable): Doopydoos (not yet finished, not painted)

10.  Gasket maker (if applicable): N/A

11.  Height  (optional): 180 cm (5´ 9´´)

12.  Weight (optional): 92 kg (202 lbs)

13.  TK type (ANH Stunt/Hero. ESB, ROTJ. TFA etc.): ANH Stunt

14.  Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build: Tony (@ukswrath) for his guide for the Anovos Armor (my bible for building ;))

Front:

zVZBkOlh.jpg

Back:

RXdNlF5h.jpg

Left:

LF6l90ph.jpg

Right: Here the Neck Seal came out.

w2UY1gah.jpg

Helmet Front:

kVR4NwFh.jpg

Helmet Left:

U6dOGiVh.jpg

Helmet Right:

1cbDJ1Dh.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail:

fUhvIJzh.jpg

Abdomen Detail:

oCXV7DOh.jpg

Interior Strapping:

Z676REnh.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

brDvTR5h.jpg

Thermal Detonator Detail:

kzT5ckCh.jpg

Holster Attachment

qUFc20Bh.jpg

Unfinished Blaster

Lhnsj7Lh.jpg

Hi Stefan the big thing I will remark on is that your side/profile pictures your arms should be raised. This is so we can see your sides and how they look. But it seems to look pretty good to me.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Looks good Stefan the only things that stand out to me is your right biceps seems a little loose or too big. The left looks great though. Also the lower ear screws need to be changed to a flat "v" type like the two upper ones.

I would also suggest straightening the back plate wings where they connect to the chest, but that's more for comfort.

Hey Stefan

Nice job on that Anovos armor and I can`t see anything that will hold you from basic approval but possible the Logo on the gloves. Try to lower the forearms or remove the Logo:duim: It`s not easy to take pics on your on but for your approval pics I recommend you get someone to help you or to make sure everything lines up nice and straight, some GML:s knocks this back and some don`t so I say better safe than sorry so I suggest taking a look at the advanced tactis to see how it should look and go straight for the approved Centurion as they look the best here Good luck:salute:

• Like 1

Hello Rat,

Hello Daniel,

thanks a lot for your help and remarks. They will help a lot.

To Rat:

The lower ear screw is v-slottet like the others. I think on the photo you do not see it that good.

Here is a close up picture

amA3a9T.jpg

The right biceps i try to fix it.

Straightening the back plate wings means to cut off the return edge at the wings so i can bend them (perhaps with hot woater). Right?

To Daniel:

I painted the logo with black permanent marker. Is that o.k. ?

Here is a picture:

2xRq4lr.jpg

Next time i will take pictures with help. But currently i´m alone, because the family is on vacation. This week i have free house.:dancing-trooper:;)

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

I didn't notice that the screws were correct, mine needed replaced. No need to completely remove the return edge but trim it in a bit of an angle and yes hot water would be fine. You sort of want the shoulder to fit a little closer for the comfort. The fit is personal but you want them like this.3a43d39e46f93c6775ff53ca325ce4cf.jpgb2cb34b23e8cf87fcb2cd92faefc1a76.jpg

Stefan,

I think you're good for basic, but some small recommendations to improve your overall look:

• When dressing, wear the belt a bit more level. For most, the bottom of the canvas belt meets the bottom of the kidney plate.
  • The bottom screw of the ears of your helmet could be countersunk a little more so that it doesn't stick out (this was what Rat interpreted as an incorrect screw)
  • You could remove some of the flashing in the eyes. Anovos is known for leaving a bit more than what's ideal.
  • Your compression suit is partially showing at the edges of the shoulder bell, likely because it is too loose. It's hard to know based on photos because it just looks totally black, but that's typically what makes the edge of the shoulder bell at the chest look a bit wonky.
  • Your shoulder bells are sitting a little far out at the shoulder straps and at the biceps. Without a closer photo, it's hard to recommend a solution, but in most cases, shortening the strap to the shoulder, removing return edge, tightening the elastic that wraps around the biceps, and/or using a hot water bath to have them follow the contour of the biceps can help.
  • Lastly, I noticed the ridge on your biceps and your shoulder bells are not lining up as they usually naturally do. Do you have a strap from the bell to the bicep? That could help keep things aligned.

These are all small things that will help ensure you look your best. If you want to take it a step further, you can take a look at L2 and L3 requirements. Good luck on your approval!

Stefan,

I think you're good for basic, but some small recommendations to improve your overall look:
  • When dressing, wear the belt a bit more level. For most, the bottom of the canvas belt meets the bottom of the kidney plate.
  • The bottom screw of the ears of your helmet could be countersunk a little more so that it doesn't stick out (this was what Rat interpreted as an incorrect screw)
  • You could remove some of the flashing in the eyes. Anovos is known for leaving a bit more than what's ideal.
  • Your compression suit is partially showing at the edges of the shoulder bell, likely because it is too loose. It's hard to know based on photos because it just looks totally black, but that's typically what makes the edge of the shoulder bell at the chest look a bit wonky.
  • Your shoulder bells are sitting a little far out at the shoulder straps and at the biceps. Without a closer photo, it's hard to recommend a solution, but in most cases, shortening the strap to the shoulder, removing return edge, tightening the elastic that wraps around the biceps, and/or using a hot water bath to have them follow the contour of the biceps can help.
  • Lastly, I noticed the ridge on your biceps and your shoulder bells are not lining up as they usually naturally do. Do you have a strap from the bell to the bicep? That could help keep things aligned.
These are all small things that will help ensure you look your best. If you want to take it a step further, you can take a look at L2 and L3 requirements. Good luck on your approval!
Yes after looking at it again it was probably the shadow that threw me off on the screw. I would also tentatively agree on the under suit being loose.

11 hours ago, FordPrefect2310 said:

painted the logo with black permanent marker. Is that o.k. ?

Need to see from a few feet away, I would advise to remove it though, It should come of with mineral spirits and some elbow-grease :) but that’s just me so I will take a look when you post your next set of pics and it might not be noticable and good to go:duim: or when I think about it,  submit to GML when you get the help and see what happens, you look good so why not go for it:salute: