A pretty short trooper

Triplet99c

More progress on the armor So, put together all of the front and most of the back. Things to fix:

- connect the ab and kidney on the sides so they close
-put padding in my helmet
-get shorter elastic and Velcro to connect my kidney and butt plates and kidney and back

Other than that, I think it's turning out good! DEFINITELY will need to install my fans once my building is done. It gets stuffy in there! 6810b22658069181b54f7c2572f9ca74.jpgb2591631151721d3c5353a4b8e0bf963.jpg4238b1eacac62ecf0070013d15bfdefc.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You may have to go with the hero Luke look and cut some off the bottom of the chest plate.

Cricket did this here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/45339-crickets-rs-props-hero-build-yet-more-vertically-challenged-assembly/

• Like 1

You'll probably need to take some off the bottom so that the ab buttons can be seen. But I could be wrong on that.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some updates on my armor!

A lady from my Garrison came over on Saturday to help me size some of my pieces, especially my torso pieces, since they were very large and laid flat on me. Since I'm a female and well, curvy, she heated them with a heat gun and brought the kidney and butt plates in for me. Below you can see before and after stuff.

My butt and cod are attached at the sides to make a pair of pants I suppose, haha! And the ab and kidney are connected now too. The chest and back have the shoulder straps attached so my torso is good to go My chest DOES cover a bit of the ab, but hers did too and she is part of the 501st, so she told me not to worry too much about the chest covering most of the ab buttons.

Speaking of ab buttons, just got those painted:

All I have left to do is:
- trim and connect the thighs(almost done trimming)
-trim and connect the shins(almost done trimming)
-put more padding in my helmet
-attach biceps to forearms
-attach legs to the ab
-get handplates on my gloves
-make my belt smaller
-construct thermal detonator
-attach holster to belt

NOTE: I know my butt plate seems up high, though if I bring it down, the cod goes down too, and digs into my thighs. She has hers positioned high and no one had a problem. I have a picture below of when I bought it down a bit. The cod hurt! Ouch! The strap connecting the two below also seemed to hang a bit but... I'll probably have to deal with it. Bringing the butt and cod down DID look better.

And that's about it!9374fe508ddf40cf36fac1f0de437c3c.jpg073a2505b7579a3c9fd9eb24f8794897.jpg36a87bf1b2eee948b841db3c3588f017.jpgeed5ea81eca7aa2c1358a3258a29a2b1.jpgd1447fe81003b72a49d003bc4ee5a479.jpg3019af2a96ab3dc9561bcd9685ce9531.jpg2520de01df7e735884bea5300fbc17fa.jpg

I would ask your GML what their opinion on this is. My opinion is that you are wearing the ab/cod and kidney/butt too high. I'm also unsure on whether joining the cod and butt plate would be allowed as well.

Agree with Luc. The entire ab/kidney/cod area looks too high. None of the back, kidney, or butt should be overlapping. The cod and butt should not be attached. If you detach them, you should be be able to drop the butt down way lower. If the cod is digging into your thighs you should be able to trim in down a bit. The whole ab is sitting too high - drop it down and tuck the cod behind it. On me, the bottom of the ab piece hits just around my hip bones. On you it looks like it could be lowered by a few inches.

Agree with Luc. The entire ab/kidney/cod area looks too high. None of the back, kidney, or butt should be overlapping. The cod and butt should not be attached. If you detach them, you should be be able to drop the butt down way lower. If the cod is digging into your thighs you should be able to trim in down a bit. The whole ab is sitting too high - drop it down and tuck the cod behind it. On me, the bottom of the ab piece hits just around my hip bones. On you it looks like it could be lowered by a few inches.

There's honestly nothing else I can do for trimming the cod. The rounded end part is what's digging into my thighs, but I've already trimmed so much off. Any more trimming and it would deformed, from what I've been able to tell

I think that if you were to secure the cod to the ab again, it will prevent it from tucking in between your legs. You can see in your "pulled down" photo that it's tilting forward. Attaching it to your ab plate (e.g. gluing the pieces together) will keep it vertical and may prevent this discomfort.

I think that if you were to secure the cod to the ab again, it will prevent it from tucking in between your legs. You can see in your "pulled down" photo that it's tilting forward. Attaching it to your ab plate (e.g. gluing the pieces together) will keep it vertical and may prevent this discomfort.
So should I detach the elastic from underneath? Because that's mainly what's pulling it back. Or keep it there and just secure it to the ab?

Are you referring to an elastic strap from cod to butt plate? It may be too tight. It's really just there to stop the butt plate or the cod from flaring out.

Are you referring to an elastic strap from cod to butt plate? It may be too tight. It's really just there to stop the butt plate or the cod from flaring out.
I did have to get it tightened at one point, since you could see it before. It was loose, so you could see it hanging when you looked from the side. But, I can see if I can losen it a little bit

Agree with Luc - the cod doesn't need to be so much in between your legs - let it just hang off the ab and it hopefully won't dig into your thighs so much. Definitely try detaching it from the butt and position them independently. 

Awesome, yeah I think it'd be helpful to get as much hands-on help as possible. You're short enough that there really shouldn't be a gap inbetween the ab and cod - on the contrary, they should probably be overlapping. Good luck! You're getting there.

• 4 weeks later...