Costume Information

• Armor: AP Authentic Props
  • Helmet: AP Authentic Props
  • Blaster: SE-14r by Shawn Morgan
  • Boots: TK Boots
  • Canvas belt: TKittell
  • Hand Plates: My Wife @Alay
  • Neck Seal: Darman
  • Pouches: Anthony Bailey from MEPD (no relation!)
  • Backpack: Homemade
  • Pauldron: Trooperbay

This is the same base costume I used for my ANH Stunt Centurion build, which is available for reference here: 

CRL Used: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

I hope to take this to Centurion, so any suggestions related to making it Centurion level are highly appreciated!

Full Gallery on CTG Boards: https://ctg501.com/community/index.php?/gallery/album/30-heavy-weapons-trooper/

Front:

e42Fd0b.jpg

Back

s5U29fM.jpg

ifHaQbj.jpg

Left

QcesfiU.jpg

njBIs64.jpg

iCeliqD.jpg

4c1OBXG.jpg

Right:

GV0hPmi.jpg

fvchi1c.jpg

28FaavZ.jpg

hkSc1qP.jpg

Action Shots

V83w9Hw.jpg

bUrJEeI.jpg

Bucket Off

AAI6LBs.jpg

Cod Rivet

T5cVcZU.jpg

Ab Buttons

ChKWWfu.jpg

Squishy Silicone Hand Guards

FMOcecc.jpg

"Movie-Accuracy" right side ab male snap

yBlv2z2.jpg

Male Snaps in Posterior

fbTgoQa.jpg

MP 40 Pouch Details (all are same)

EbTTtg8.jpg

Bridge Elastic

NlAbSWa.jpg

Backpack Closeups

znDYG5Y.jpg

aq9k2gj.jpg

Knee Belt Rivets

kSSzOL8.jpg

RG8THC0.jpg

Sniper Knee

A3yu2wR.jpg

Helmet Closeups/Details

OaD7qRB.jpg

B6GLGhL.jpg

qCaVPCL.jpg

CvhmPqX.jpg

64NunkV.jpg

aFtm21t.jpg

6b14Vpu.jpg

HhdXQJ9.jpg

vklN3r4.jpg

Weathering

CLo8VrL.jpg

qn3jIsk.jpg

otkaxAM.jpg

TnBlEYr.jpg

qrbcFJP.jpg

ry1mx44.jpg

oF5BI35.jpg

1LsTmf2.jpg

I tried to intentionally go light on the weathering and instead of doing many "blast point" scores instead let the scraps and wear spots on my armor from troops catch the black powder.

Interior Strapping

bpvYFDP.jpg

SE-14R

d3gIKHz.jpg

elIIxuH.jpg

Finally, screwing around with my Union Jack Pauldron.  Need to represent as the only Brit in the CTG ;)

Aq68f3i.jpg

cAaeMJe.jpg

I greatly appreciate any critiques and for the Detachment staff for taking the time to review my submission!  Thanks!

~Christopher

• Like 1

Nice job, Christopher, and GREAT to see that we have another HWT headed for level 3!  :jc_doublethumbup:   One of us will be with you shortly, but before we can proceed we will need you to do a bit of adjusting on your sniper knee plate.  As per the CRL for level 2, "Sniper knee plate is aligned with the ridges on the shin".  Yours is just a bit off kilter, and I would also bring it in to where it has more contact with the shin. 

Reference image                                                                                               Reference image

ez3pjXj.jpg?1               GmohBRl.jpg               McDN7Yu.jpg      cl6PDOG.jpg

Also, just a heads-up on the 4 button ab plate.  The large one in spot-on, brother, but the small one could use a little Dremel love to remove and square-off those return edges.

O5VBceL.jpg?1         sHRMnLE.png?1

Thanks, (and BTW I agree with Sarah about the pack... spectacular job)!  For level 2 it needs some weathering, though:  "Backpack is lightly scuffed and battle worn..."

On 8/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, nosferachew said:

Trooper Info

Costume Information

• Armor: AP Authentic Props
  • Helmet: AP Authentic Props
  • Blaster: SE-14r by Shawn Morgan
  • Boots: TK Boots
  • Canvas belt: TKittell
  • Hand Plates: My Wife @Alay
  • Neck Seal: Darman
  • Pouches: Anthony Bailey from MEPD (no relation!)
  • Backpack: Homemade
  • Pauldron: Trooperbay

This is the same base costume I used for my ANH Stunt Centurion build, which is available for reference here: 

CRL Used: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

I hope to take this to Centurion, so any suggestions related to making it Centurion level are highly appreciated!

Full Gallery on CTG Boards: https://ctg501.com/community/index.php?/gallery/album/30-heavy-weapons-trooper/

Front:

e42Fd0b.jpg

Back

s5U29fM.jpg

ifHaQbj.jpg

Left

QcesfiU.jpg

njBIs64.jpg

iCeliqD.jpg

4c1OBXG.jpg

Right:

GV0hPmi.jpg

fvchi1c.jpg

28FaavZ.jpg

hkSc1qP.jpg

Action Shots

V83w9Hw.jpg

bUrJEeI.jpg

Bucket Off

AAI6LBs.jpg

Cod Rivet

T5cVcZU.jpg

Ab Buttons

ChKWWfu.jpg

Squishy Silicone Hand Guards

FMOcecc.jpg

"Movie-Accuracy" right side ab male snap

yBlv2z2.jpg

Male Snaps in Posterior

fbTgoQa.jpg

MP 40 Pouch Details (all are same)

EbTTtg8.jpg

Bridge Elastic

NlAbSWa.jpg

Backpack Closeups

znDYG5Y.jpg

aq9k2gj.jpg

Knee Belt Rivets

kSSzOL8.jpg

RG8THC0.jpg

Sniper Knee

A3yu2wR.jpg

Helmet Closeups/Details

OaD7qRB.jpg

B6GLGhL.jpg

qCaVPCL.jpg

CvhmPqX.jpg

64NunkV.jpg

aFtm21t.jpg

6b14Vpu.jpg

HhdXQJ9.jpg

vklN3r4.jpg

Weathering

CLo8VrL.jpg

qn3jIsk.jpg

otkaxAM.jpg

TnBlEYr.jpg

qrbcFJP.jpg

ry1mx44.jpg

oF5BI35.jpg

1LsTmf2.jpg

I tried to intentionally go light on the weathering and instead of doing many "blast point" scores instead let the scraps and wear spots on my armor from troops catch the black powder.

Interior Strapping

bpvYFDP.jpg

SE-14R

d3gIKHz.jpg

elIIxuH.jpg

Finally, screwing around with my Union Jack Pauldron.  Need to represent as the only Brit in the CTG ;)

Aq68f3i.jpg

cAaeMJe.jpg

I greatly appreciate any critiques and for the Detachment staff for taking the time to review my submission!  Thanks!

~Christopher

Where did you get the heavy duty green eye lens from?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Christopher, and thank you for your EIB application for HWT... let's dive right in, shall we?

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present, Trooper, and your armor displays all the elements required for your SECOND Level 2 Badge.  Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry.... again!!      :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by us and your fellow Troopers. Suggestions made here are to improve the overall look of your armor. If these suggestions would effect an application they will be mentioned in the below sections.

Just a few notes on this, brother, and as mentioned before, it's GREAT to see another HWT headed for level 3!  (We are a very small club, but growing).

I realize that you attained Centurion level with this armor as an ANH Stunt,, but there are a few issues that were noticed on your new submission.

The paint on your vocoder could use some cleaning up.  Just remove the extra paint from the edges on the right side and you will be golden!  

Reference image

9AVZuZ4.jpg?1    iBkhtEs.jpg?1

Your belt needs to be raised to where it covers at least the bottom of your large ab button plate.  This can be seen in the screen cap below.

Reference image

J737D5Y.jpg?1   i22cfdu.jpg?1

Your left shin was absolutely spot-on in your ANH-S Centurion app, (photo one) but it seems to have shifted a bit and the needs to lined up more with your thigh.

Photo 1                                                                               Reference image                                              

lI75s2e.jpg?1XsZdo9q.jpg?1     GmohBRl.jpg

You might want adjust one of your pack straps to make it sit straighter on your back as seen in the game images and CRL photo.

HqAkXXr.jpg?1   2mqMWQv.jpg?1Tio5X2Q.jpg?1

Although not a deal breaker by any means, your top leather ammo pack could be straightened out, also as seen in both the game and the CRL.

Reference images

QEihhb6.jpg?1    4Yqey6c.jpg?1  ytvWM3G.jpg?1

Your 4 button ab plate could definitely use some trimming.. easy fix!:

Reference image

O5VBceL.jpg?1    sHRMnLE.png?1

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The gap in you ab/kidney connection on the right hand side will need to be eliminated.  Tightening up the strapping would fix that pretty quickly.                                                          Reference image

Ze1zAR2.jpg?1     XUdtzJA.jpg?2

Please center the sniper knee plate and reduce the gap between that and the actual calf.  It should be pretty straightforward to do and will add to the look of this great build!

ez3pjXj.jpg?1       McDN7Yu.jpg  

Reference images

GmohBRl.jpg          cl6PDOG.jpg   

It may be the angle of the photo, but it appears that the interiors of your hovi-mic tips are black.  Hitting the insides (and maybe the outside edges if you feel like it) with a bit of white paint would get them to where they need to be.

Reference image

NFlrFDv.jpg?1   nb6ukdY.jpg?1

That is an amazing pack, but as stated in the CRL it will need some weathering on the entire thing, and not just the center canister.

You don't have to go overboard, but some silver or grey paint for accents (battle wear) will make it look a lot better.

CRL:  "Backpack is scuffed and lightly battle worn, but not heavily weathered or dirty".

iy10aF8.jpg?1       T2ycot5.png?1

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you at HWT Centurion with this armor!

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-66402 requesting HWT EIB status [AP] (Approved)
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I completely missed my approval post here, sorry! I saw Joe's first set of feedback and promised myself I would fix up the armour when I got the chance, but never actually revisited the thread until now. I agree with your suggested changes to my fitting; I definitely need to redo some of the strapping that has worn out since building the costume, and tidy up the paintwork here and there. Expect to see my Centurion pictures before the end of the year. Thanks guys! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nosferachew said:

Wow, I completely missed my approval post here, sorry! I saw Joe's first set of feedback and promised myself I would fix up the armour when I got the chance, but never actually revisited the thread until now. I agree with your suggested changes to my fitting; I definitely need to redo some of the strapping that has worn out since building the costume, and tidy up the paintwork here and there. Expect to see my Centurion pictures before the end of the year. Thanks guys! :)

Glad to see you shooting for L3. See you there.