TK Boots

N/A

N/A

5'10"

Stunt

Tony (UKSwraith)

Daryl Doaks

Tim (DarkCMF)

f826a42d7752f3ad1651b316720c65bf.jpg81f14f819c450d6c26e469a4706448f3.jpg9d5d23a06e7e77c3c63697c1a94616b0.jpge608ec35743dc2d09998ec8acd788d9b.jpg19ecd9f1313f90d6d78bd3b41c133108.jpg7103fa98f6772017aa01bc2701986f17.jpg3ea88e37b4e79958872293cb9340cf4f.jpg9999c3ce5481e5834f685a6a954c0780.jpgff4e0807bd32865c409b87ac7b804165.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Nice going on that armor, sir!  This should pretty much get you to basic level (depending on your GML), but since you did such a great job on this I am hoping to see your submission for EI and then Centurion!  There are a few items that may or may not affect basic, but are easy fixes for the next levels.  There are a few other tiny things for L2 and 3, but we can go into more detail at some point.

yDqoIiH.jpg?1

The return edge at the top of your right forearm could use some trimming. The left one is good to go.

Reference image

ZSR5sp2.jpg?1

The left drop box appears to have a strap that is too short, causing it to ride behind the belt (close-pic 2).  This should be extended just a tad to match your right one (which is perfect).

Reference image

M9cTinP.jpg?1      kcrmjOn.jpg?1

The right thigh could come up a bit to where it is level with the left.

The sniper knee plate could be rotated toward the center, allowing the cover strips to line up.  A piece of 1 x 1 x 10 inch foam inserted on the inside behind the inner cover strip works great to keep it in place.

Reference image

sBuVzT7.jpg?1

The bottom ear screw will need to be replace to match the  ones at the top, (V shaped flat head).

Reference image

K6B4DT4.jpg?1               zvhaJpz.jpg?1

Overall a fantastic job, Jim, and once you are approved, don't forget to request your Legion access here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/, which will insert the TK number you have worked so hard for beneath your name!

• Like 1

Thanks Joseph and yeah considering some of my smaller mishaps I'm glad it didn't turn into a disaster. Especially my left thigh, I over trimmed and had to add back to it. Will definitely be adding some foam to that shin.  As for the right forearm, another small mishap, I will be taking a bit more from the return edge. Ultimately my goal is centurion so you will be absolutely be seeing my application for EIB and Centurion soon enough after some fixes are made and and I get my basic approval.

Well, 

Joseph, as usual, nailed all points. Looking forward to your EIB application. :salute:
Thanks and no problem for me there, there would even be a centurion application.

Agreed with Joseph's points! Your canvas belt looks a bit long too.

Thanks Lucnak yeah it is but I wasn't sure if that would be an issue as I was thinking just in case I put on some extra pounds.

You look very good! Joseph hit what I noticed.  Only other thing... your belt is a bit long and that extra "flap" after the detonator might snag you on submission.  I'd shorten up the belt a bit if you are able to, or hold down that extra bit with some velcro.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Oops didn't noticed the post after Joseph's!  Looks like you're already ahead of me on that!

See ya at Centurion soon? ;)

• Like 1

Oops didn't noticed the post after Joseph's!  Looks like you're already ahead of me on that!

See ya at Centurion soon?
Quite possible. Now that I'm essentially finished minus the few adjustments I can focus on my blaster for that EIB and Centurion.

• Like 1

Foam is gluing. Not sure that I need to do much with the drop box, I think it just needed to be readjusted, but if I really need to change it I can. Now to the forearm not sure how to approach it.beeabf9774ac16962799071803efab4c.jpga63cb91ba1ef99f21a0900c0301295f9.jpg16f2f5ab4cb8502487b9d35db87a5d1e.jpgbdbaade5f8f2d49061973d1728a89ac0.jpge0b27c708e7f0913dbda462398644b17.jpg

Nice going on that armor, sir!  This should pretty much get you to basic level (depending on your GML), but since you did such a great job on this I am hoping to see your submission for EI and then Centurion!  There are a few items that may or may not affect basic, but are easy fixes for the next levels.  There are a few other tiny things for L2 and 3, but we can go into more detail at some point.
yDqoIiH.jpg?1

The return edge at the top of your right forearm could use some trimming. The left one is good to go.
               Reference image
ZSR5sp2.jpg?1

The left drop box appears to have a strap that is too short, causing it to ride behind the belt (close-pic 2).  This should be extended just a tad to match your right one (which is perfect).
                                                                                           Reference image
M9cTinP.jpg?1      kcrmjOn.jpg?1
The right thigh could come up a bit to where it is level with the left.
The sniper knee plate could be rotated toward the center, allowing the cover strips to line up.  A piece of 1 x 1 x 10 inch foam inserted on the inside behind the inner cover strip works great to keep it in place.
    Reference image
sBuVzT7.jpg?1
The bottom ear screw will need to be replace to match the  ones at the top, (V shaped flat head).
                                                Reference image
      K6B4DT4.jpg?1               zvhaJpz.jpg?1

Overall a fantastic job, Jim, and once you are approved, don't forget to request your Legion access here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/, which will insert the TK number you have worked so hard for beneath your name!

Joseph could you explain just a little more about the forearm? I'm not sure I quite get what you mean.

Forearm dealt with, I realized what the issue was as soon as someone pointed out their process. I built it from the wrist instead of the elbow. So pulled it and split the difference somewhat. But much better now. So far as the right thigh I realized afterwards that it was twisted, but I'll try them again and see and adjust my strapping if it is still low afterwards.c9e84267ded1c84894594e38f4fdba49.jpgc4102a9c964eafc93b0aeec64f89a78c.jpg

8 hours ago, Rat said:

Joseph could you explain just a little more about the forearm? I'm not sure I quite get what you mean.

Looks a lot better, Jim!  It's entirely up to you, but I would also remove more of the return edge on the inside of the tops.  The reason I mention this is that on a troop, you will be carrying your E-11 a lot (arms bent in) and that extra return edge can cut into you causing "armor bite" and doing that would make them more comfortable and increase your range of movement.  It is also screen accurate.

I noticed that you removed all the return edge on the top of the thighs.  This is also screen accurate and something I always recommend to prevent chafing in your cod area.  Nice job! 

rjyO6fD.jpg?1

Reference image

5tQa4yd.jpg?1

• Like 1

Looks a lot better, Jim!  It's entirely up to you, but I would also remove more of the return edge on the inside of the tops.  The reason I mention this is that on a troop, you will be carrying your E-11 a lot (arms bent in) and that extra return edge can cut into you causing "armor bite" and doing that would make them more comfortable and increase your range of movement.  It is also screen accurate.
I noticed that you removed all the return edge on the top of the thighs.  This is also screen accurate and something I always recommend to prevent chafing in your cod area.  Nice job! 
rjyO6fD.jpg?1

Reference image
5tQa4yd.jpg?1
Thanks Joseph. I wasn't planning on trimming the thigh return edge, but I had to shorten them by about a half inch, thus removing it. But that trimming made a huge difference.

I've also transmitted my application and submission photos and it is now under review.

In my helpful troopers I should also include Teresa (SoulArt) she was amazing at helping me with my neckseal. Also Mike (TK-1636) and his videos.

The verdict is in... Approved. Now to start working on that eib and centurion status.

• Like 2